Name Reclaim Date Set For January 27, 2015!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Equalist New Player

I did the same but on my own account (because I didn't wanna buy a rename unless I was sure I would get the name). So I'm 100% positive the name is available, but it's like the rename token messed it all up. :(
    P.S.: how does one send a pm or a notice? I'm new
  2. SuperSpawn New Player

They got over on us . If you play on the PS3/PS4 & the name is taken on the PC you are unable to claim the name. Just more wasted money on this game. THX DC
  3. Johnnie5oh Level 30

I never thought, I'd see the day when so many so called adults would complain about a video game. Especially something as simple as a name. It's not DCUO's fault someone took your name and it's not their fault your not creative enough to think of something spiffy or cool. Somebody's got your name big "F" ING deal. Love how the guy above says he speaks for all of us, when he does not, but I will use his words in another manner. I THINK I SPEAK FOR EVERYONE WHEN I SAY " WHO GIVES A RATS TESTICLE WHAT YOUR NAME IS?" 99.9% of the time I don't even pay attention to other toon's name and like many I don't care to. Your clever misspellings, sexual references, and in your face "U MAD BRO" innuendos mean absolutely NOTHING. What matters is how you play the game. Your not hip because you found a 123rd way of spelling butt hole. It's this exact reason people should be tagged like wild animals, given and I.Q. test and denied access to any and all electronics. But hey, we all have our own opinions like we all have an *** and they all stink. So stop your yapping and get back to pharming, pvping or whatever it is you do that makes you feel so damn special, after all if your getting your societal approval and emotional satisfaction from a video game, I truly feel utterly sorry for you.
    How about if your going to complain (and I know you are) complain about things that matter, that should be fixed, or would help out in the actual game play.
  4. Joybird Committed Player

Dumb question:

If I buy a name respec token, but then the name I want isn't available, do I waste the token?
  5. Cristian Stoica New Player

You clearly dont know what everyone is mad about. i'd suggest you read the post and then comment. also you should spend your own money instead of your parents. maybe then you'll see why everyone is upset,
    • Like x 5
  6. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

No, it will just hang out in your inventory until you change it successfully.

EDIT: Also, no such thing as a dumb question.
    • Like x 1
  7. AhshawnZ New Player

At first I was excited to get the names I wanted but it turns out they still taken anyway. GG dcuo
  8. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

Yeah! you sure showed how others are pitiful and you are the mostest smartyest and the mostest creatyest.
    You tell 'em Mr Kewl!
    You are the truly special one, every one that feels different than you is a big dummy!
  9. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

It's really sad to see, how such a good idea went so badly wrong because of tremendous misinformation.

The playerbase is very mad about it and I think we have all right to be. I hope the support will be overwhelmed from support-tickets asking for a refund for misleading advertising. I just sent one.

If this issue is not resolved in a good way (refund or make the names available again), then SOE will have lost the trust of a big part of their customers.
    • Like x 10
  10. AgentX44 Committed Player

I am trying to wrap my head around why they merged the name databases per region. Only scenario I can think of is some type of a merge. If not a server merge, broker merge? Maybe it's time for Mepps to tell us why they did this. An explanation as to the logic behind it would go a long way. Especially for those census websites like DCUOlive.com
    • Like x 2
  11. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

I thought they mentioned an upcoming Broker Merge a couple of FNL ago. Name merger would make sense. A total merger may prove difficult though with Sony involved. Also, in my past experience with games, merger is usually means a faster means to the end. Hope not as I really enjoy the game.

Still a bad move on not giving us a heads up on the name sharing across platforms.
  12. MercPony Devoted Player

I only cared about getting one name and I was successfully able to get it, but I'm quite shocked at this whole thing. A lot of my leaguemates and friends were very mislead by this. I normally can let SOE and the devs (whom I defend on many accounts) slide on things but I will state this was a very bad idea on their part.
    • Like x 3
  13. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

The only person, as far as I can tell, who made any claims to speak for everyone, was me - and that was in regards to what SOE plans to do to make this right. People are not so much upset that they cannot get the name they want, so much as they spent money on a product that they would not have otherwise purchased if they had been told everything about it.

Imagine for a moment that you go to buy a car. You find a car you really like. You spend the money and buy it, but after all of the paperwork is done the dealer suddenly tells you the brakes don't work. What are you going to be more upset about? The fact that the brakes don't work, or the fact the dealer did not tell you the brakes didn't work BEFORE you decided to buy the car? The situation is similar - in order to make an informed decision, one has to be informed. And SOE failed to fully inform the player-base of what was going on with the "Name Reclaim."

And even with all of that, it isn't wholly about the money spent on the Name Change tokens, either. It is about the breach of trust that, knowingly or otherwise, occurred with that lack of information.

So, yes - I said that I *THINK* I speak for everyone when I asked what course of action SOE has planned to make this right. Because as things stand now, people feel cheated and lied to. And that is what they are upset about - not the names themselves. I hope this clears some things up for you.
    • Like x 3
  14. AgentX44 Committed Player

They should just tell us why they merged the name database first. Maybe then we can properly say that it is good or bad. But for now, yes, I do feel cheated about what they did. It's just bad form.
    • Like x 1
  15. Cold Fuzion New Player

there is always one in a thread like this - You have no idea what this thread is about? none! If he continues to post don't respond to this guy. I just want a clear explanation why we were not told about two platforms sharing the same name server.
  16. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

This right here I think is the biggest point.

I no longer trust them, and I think a lot of players feel the same way. This is the absolute shadiest thing they have ever done.
    • Like x 2
  17. GhostHunter New Player

Shiesty is not even the word that one should use for this... Absolute garbage!!!
  18. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Was it posted anywhere, before today, that they merged servers for the names? Cause I know a lot of people that would have planned differently, had they known. I mean we all had access to Census data and we all checked our own server. I bet no one even thought to check all servers. I mean, why would we? So yes, I agree... I want to know why the servers were merged for names, and why didn't anyone tell us something this big?
  19. AgentX44 Committed Player

New announcement from Mepps: Cross-play

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/name-validation-and-cross-play.235439
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.