Munitions: A preliminary guide/discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Roomba, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Schimaera Devoted Player

Btw awesome that a power like 'Splosion found a way into the game. PBAOEs were long overdue. ^^

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Roomba Dedicated Player

My apologies, RT = range tap yes.

PT = phantom triangle really referred to a range tap whose animation you would not see. It's not a relevant term lately as no one really plays with heavy clipping anymore. I'm not asking for a true PT because I want this range tap to slow your rotation down. Semantics really. Anyway.

But yes 50 Cal is our lowest DPS power within the AM sadly. I do not use it anymore.

To be honest, my league has been very inactive, and I have not done HH Elite yet, to my frustration, and most capable tanks I used to play with are on hiatus. USPC Villain is truly a lonely place to be lately. I do not have issues using it in HH regular however.

About blocking: Yeah that can be a headache. What I have found is that if you try blocking "too early" in an animation, it will not stop the animation at all. I basically mash it until the block DOES cancel the animation, which tends to be about half way through each animation.
  3. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

I use it. Great for taking down adds. I use it on first boss and superman and the bot. Not so much on lashina and stompa.

Can't block cancel rails. You're going to see the full animation whether you like it or not. Slow down your dpsing. Watch what lashina is doing before you push that button. Actually same goes for the first boss. You're still going to get caught out time to time but you can avoid many one shots. Plenty of time to get your powers off and maintain your AM and bullet frenzy.
  4. Xzotix Committed Player

I have been using this rotation and variations with 4 beneficial power and KI.
    Not sure if anything has changed but surprisingly it does very very well. The key is to keep KI up no matter when it comes off CD.
    Was weird not having a well time load out but whatever....
    This does work. NOT a loss in dps at all if you keep KI up.
    Not a parser believer. Only instance testing.
  5. BleepingPC Active Player

Yep idk why but it does work well for me. I just wanted to have a more ranged based loadout instead of splosion. But if as long as I feel I'm doing my job & not dead weight I think I'll stick with what works for me
  6. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

Why not both?
    I'm going to try different loadouts while doing the duos and some alerts and post parsers for them.
    • Like x 1
  7. Xzotix Committed Player

There never seems to be the "just right" circumstance for me to use it. I use my armories alot in combat so there in not a reliable way to parse which load did better for me, more to the point not worth the effort. I do try and parse hall stuff but only to see if something has changed with a power. Some love it, and I am very sure it's a great tool. Just not for my purposes.
    I would like to see your parses. Always interested to see "in combat" stuff.
  8. Xzotix Committed Player

Yep I know. I don't use the same rotation as you but I've been hard to handle for levels 4 or 5 higher than me. Only Quantum and occasionally Sorcery (that pet is OP;) JK ) gives me a headache still. LOL. Rolling with this rotation: Ki, 50 cal, 5BMG, Rail, Rockets, BG. It racks my nerves that the timing is so off with the exrtra power, but I just hit Ki whenever possible and start at 50 cal again.
  9. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Well since you did not like my guide *is offended*, i'd recommend this guy's guide on controller role, its still a WIP (for obvious reasons you'll notice as soon as you start reading), but it's pretty good.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/controller-the-role.253524/
  10. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

11. Xanoth Dedicated Player

Nice guide.

I actually pieced the top bit together myself simply by trying every PI and picking the 3 that hit everything on the screen and dumping them after KI. It was really nice to level with that's for sure, only complaint would be 5BM targeting objects that it can't damage... it loves locking onto scenery, at least when chain gun does it, it destroys it.

Why skimming? I'm not changing lol, but surely flight is the same, animation is just a little different but it functions the same way, and doesn't SS move slightly faster when in combat?
  12. Roomba Dedicated Player

A minor complaint I'd say, considering it is tied for 2nd highest DPS in the powerset (with rails). I would just say that I cant recall where that was ever a significant problem, especially with good positioning.

Smoother jump clipping, compared to both... it's like silk. In encounters where you are able to keep movement mode on, it can be nice to be above the fight rather than on top of someone else in your raid, which you can only do with an aerial type. When approaching trash mobs on uneven terrain, you wont be blocked by a steep hill/edge. As far as in combat speed differences, if there is difference I have never noticed it.
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Here's a pretty good loadout I've found so far: Killer instincts, Railguns, Rocket launcher, 50 cal, 'spolsion(debatable on spolsion) Big Gun.
    Basically what I do is I start off with a KI, then cycle through rails, rockets, then I do 50 cal, then splosion(Only do splosion if enemies are nearby). If not just go back to the first 3 powers, until KI is off of cooldown. Whenever biggun is up, I make sure there's a least 3 adds so I can max out the damage and use of it.
  14. Roomba Dedicated Player

You're right in that 3 powers is all you need to be doing.

Even when you're meleeing, with your rotation I'd just do Raild > Rockets > Splosion. 50 is just wasted time and a dps loss

Biggun is not necessarily better if there are multiple adds. It depends on the type of adds you're targetting. They need to be "minion" type for you to get those big booms. If you have a group of tanky type mobs, say... Dregg Thanes in NGN, you will not do very good damage at all to them, despite their numbers.
    • Like x 1
  15. Careless Active Player

Which loadout would be better between this 3:
    KI,Splosion,RG,Shrapnel GL,5BMG
    KI,Splosion,RG,RL,5BMG
    Ki,Splosion,RG,Chain Gun,5BMG
  16. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

So, is 50/splode dead?
    • Like x 1
  17. Roomba Dedicated Player

Yeah I've given up. Just not practical and working the way I thought it would. Someone else may find a way.

Rails, 5BM, Chain/SGL/RL, Splode, Biggun, KI

That's my loadout.
    • Like x 1
  18. Roomba Dedicated Player

RL for bosses or tight groups. CG for spread out groups, staying mobile and wiping duos, SGL is my go to cause it just looks awesome

If I had to pick one for efficiency, it'd be CG
  19. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

I've been testing with and without 50 cal. Sorry I don't have any combat logs handy but typical my numbers on a single sparring targer with 50 cal is ~13,000 and without ~ 11,000. Ofcourse sometimes numbers peak and without will put up better numbers than with but on average I get better results with 50 cal/splode. I must be doing something wrong.
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Yeah it seems your right. I swapped 50 cal out for Sharpnel gernade launcher. seems to be working better for me, but I'll continue to try out rotations. That's 1 of my favorite things so far with this powerset, rotations are nearly unlimited.[IMG] +1