Munitions: A preliminary guide/discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Roomba, Apr 8, 2015.

1. AceTheDazed Well-Known Player

so sgl is the worst...seeing as its only benefit is visual. and since most fights are mobs of add that makes chain gun the mot efficient. unless you disagree? thats the way it seems
  2. Roomba Dedicated Player

Against groups, yes. In my experience, RL is superior for ST or tight groups. SGL also has the advantage of being able to hit mobs to your sides and behind you, with a much larger radius than RL/PG. Some people have stated PG gives them better dps than RL, but my testing hasn't supported that personally. Look forward to seeing more people chime in on that.
  3. seek76 Committed Player

I ran multiple tests tonight on my munitions character. Here is how I tested. I used the league hall 8 sparring dummies. Standing directly in front of them. I used my trinket as a timer so all the tests ran are roughly 2 minute tests.

I have no league hall profs activated, no max damage, no core strength or penetrating strikes mod. I do not have all the weapon crits either. I do however have the gear socket bonuses.

First test rotation- KI>RG>RL>SGL times 2 while KI is coming of cooldown. Repeated for 2 minutes. You can get two rotations off while KI is cooling down.

DPS/s 575 hits 1328 crit percentage 28.8

DPS/s 573 hits 1328 crit percentage 29.1

DPS/s 557 hits 1328 crit percentage 28.4

DPS/s 558 hits 1328 crit percentage 27.0

DPS/s 556 hits 1328 crit percentage 26.6

Second test rotation- KI>RG>RL>SPL Same as test 1

DPS/s 567 hits 1139 crit percentage 28.5

DPS/s 568 hits 1139 crit percentage 25.5

DPS/s 582 hits 1139 crit percentage 29.1

DPS/s 637 hits 1139 crit percentage 30.0

DPS/s 578 hits 1139 crit percentage 24.9

These two tested at about the same dps/s

Third test. This one I tried something different. Rotation Is KI>RG>RL>SPL, then I just repeated the 3 powers without hitting KI after the first time to activate eye of the tiger. So it looks like this KI>RG>RL>SPL>RG>RL>SPL>RG>RL>SPL for two minutes.

DPS/s 627 hits 1273 crit percentage 19.9

DPS/s 618 hits 1273 crit percentage 20.4

DPS/s 621 hits 1273 crit percentage 18.5

DPS/s 615 hits 1273 crit percentage 17.2

DPS/s 611 hits 1273 crit percentage 18.1

This test the crit percents are low without KI being reapplied when off of cooldown. However the DPS/s went up. If you look at the two above tests the hits are a little lower than the first test, and a little more than the second test but was done for the same amount time. My reason for the DPS going up is the time saved from having to cast KI every time it is off cooldown.
  4. seek76 Committed Player

I also tested your statement of using 4 powers is a loss of dps. I tested the same way as I mentioned above.

First test rotation KI>RG>RL>SGL>SPL repeat until KI is off cooldown. So it looks like this KI>RG>RL>SGL>SPL>RG>RL>SGL>SPL>KI

DPS/s 581 hits 1232 crit percentage 22.8

DPS/s 661 hits 1232 crit percentage 26.7

DPS/s 637 hits 1232 crit percentage 27.2

DPS/s 628 hits 1232 crit percentage 26.5

DPS/s 666 hits 1232 crit percentage 27.0

Second test rotation KI>RG>RL>5BM>SPL

DPS/s 634 hits 1456 crit percentage 28.0

DPS/s 658 hits 1456 crit percentage 26.4

DPS/s 634 hits 1456 crit percentage 23.8

DPS/s 641 hits 1456 crit percentage 26.2

DPS/s 658 hits 1456 crit percentage 24.8

These tests would indicate that 4 powers is not a loss of dps. In fact in my testing these two tests scored better DPS/s than the tests I posted above. I can provide reasons for this but I don't want to get in to arguments over this because other people think differently. These two posts are for Roomba I forgot to quote.
  5. Roomba Dedicated Player

Splode/KI > Rails > 5 BM > Splode > Rails > 5 BM > repeat

gives me about 2k dps more (against ST league hall CR 126 dummy) compared to

Splode > Rails > 5BM > SGL > repeat with keeping KI off cooldown whenever, since it doesn't fit as nicely, whereas above it is seamless.

What are other people getting?
  6. Xzotix Committed Player

I use: KI, 5BM, Rails, PG, Splosion, BG.
    Rotation is as listed. Use BG whenever possible. keeping KI on CD.
    I dont follow any specific rotation after first rotation, except restart my initial rotation whenever KI is off CD. I do use my full loadout as much as possible, not a dps loss as long as you keep KI up.
    3 power rotation good for timing, not a dps gain in my test.
    Splosion IS a must on any loadout. Better to have than need.
  7. Xzotix Committed Player

If you get a chance parse this: KI, Rails, PG, RL.
    RL was the worst of the 3 no matter how many target were available.
    Parsed my testing in t7 solo.
    Dummy testing didn't tell the WHOLE results.
    See what you get with it.
  8. Captain Domino Committed Player

Hey all! I recently came back from a 9 month break and decided to level an alt for this powerset. Can anyone give me advice on a load out and maybe some tips for T1-T5 content?

Also I'll be DPSing for the most part until I get comfortable trolling.
  9. Roomba Dedicated Player

I don't know why I bothered starting the guide with a loadout for people new to powerset that is also highlighted, emboldened, and underlined. You should check out first page beyond that as well, might help with further understanding of the powerset (though it isn't hard... pick 3 or 4 attacks, stay kinda close, do damage)

And it's hard to give general advice for 5 tiers of content lol. If you come across fights that give you trouble, we can offer specific advice if you can't find anything on a search
  10. Dangerline New Player

I am fairly new to the game and have been a gadget troller but have been intrigued by this munitions dps guide I'm not very good at dps on gadgets is this a better route to go for dpsing
  11. Dangerline New Player

I do admit it doesn't seem like I burn through power as fast as I do with gadgets
  12. Roomba Dedicated Player

You clearly did not understand how to dps as gadgets :/ . With gadgets' AM you should be losing close to no power whatsoever.
    • Like x 1
  13. Stark23 Committed Player

Just leveled a Mun alt, good guide you have here. I haven't parsed on my own b/c I level up alts outside of the league, so no access to the League Hall dummies yet.

Based on the above are you seeing that there's no reason to run a "3rd"?
  14. Roomba Dedicated Player

I always keep a "third" in case there is a reason I am not able to get into Splosion range quickly enough, but I could see how people may prefer to just "bite the bullet" on that one and put something like RSK or Survival there instead. Depends on the content
    • Like x 1
  15. Try Hard Well-Known Player

Hello everyone this is my first time posting here.I see on the test server notes instead of instant power we now have a power regen effect similar to gadgets recent update.If anyone has tested it yet,will I still be able to keep my rotation going myself? (basic splosion/KI/rails/5bm/chaingun loadout)
    edit: this seems like a dumb question since most of my friends can keep themselves going with other powers no problem.Its prob not a issue.
  16. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

I hate the changes in the test for DPS side.
  17. Here2Help Devoted Player

It shouldn't of harmed the power that much to be honest.....
  18. Quantom Boy Committed Player

What changes?
  19. Here2Help Devoted Player

Muntions now has power regeneration.
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I was on live servers.. Think I've finally found a loadout I'm comfortable with:
    KI: CG, RL, SGL, Splosion, big gun.

I know Rails and 5 barrel are stables, but with this loadout I feel as if I can get more big hits out of SGL, and splode.