Munitions: A preliminary guide/discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Roomba, Apr 8, 2015.

1. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Prior to the hotfix on a 126 Target using the combat parser as a 114 CR I was averaging around 7.5K on a single sparring target. After the hotfix my damage has dropped by to around 5K. This decrease was expected as my damage would flux from normal to 100+% on some abilities. My quantum toon was worst with the damage fluxing because TimeBomb would go 32K and than hit the next time for almost 80K without any reason. The Max Damage issue was fixed because of how easy it was to spot thanks to Quantum AM. Now that it is fixed, all powersets, expect mental, are a bit closer in damage.
  2. bartngaue Well-Known Player

I wanted to see his formula for calculating the damage difference between cr's.

He has replied he has no physical formula but speclation only.

He has stated that since the fix there has been a drop in crits. I want to know what method of testing to he come to this conclusion.
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I did all my test on sparring targets after GU47 dropped along with after the hotfixes were dropped. I did not see any changes in Crits. I was still around 35-40% of my hits were critical. I'm now a HL again and had fun playing around with the Munition powerset. It was a bit boring after a while. To me I like to do the whole range and than whenever I feel like it swing, literally, into action. So, I went back HL.

Munition players should be happy though as the powerset does more damage than Nature, Ice, Electric, and HL. Around 40% more damage.

Munition is a strong powerset and using this rotation I was doing some serious damage.

Rocket Launcher, Spolsion, and Rail Guns.

50 Cal into Splosion did not change my Splosion damage of the rotation I have above...

My loadout also include Flak Cannon, Killer Instinct and Chain Gun.

I used the close range in solo, duo alertts and raids when I could get close, whenever I could not I would use ChainGun instead of Splosion. My damage dropped by 15% when I did this but that is acceptable given the lower risk.

I would always go Flak Cannon and than Clip KI whenever KI became avaialbe. This keeps burning DOT damage up along with the nice damage of the three abilities.

I tried 5BMG rotation along with others. The one above produces best rssults and on average can keep up with Quantum and Mental; if I did not have to use CG often, I would be topping the boards or falling a bit behind, as of late, to the Mental DPS players.

But after a short time of being Munitions I had to go back to my favorite in game powerset, HL.

I wish I could help out more but I cannot ATM as I am no longer Munitions.
  4. BleepingPC Active Player

Of all the loadouts I've read various places this one by in far has done the best for me. I have even out dps'd a few quantum players with more sk pts than me.

Railgun > Particle Gun > 50-Cal > Chain Gun > Killer Instincts > Big Gun
  5. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Has the importance of controlling been reduced to a brief outline in a guide?

I have been looking for a "deep" insight for controlling with Munitions. All I have been getting is DPS information and a quick summary on what controlling powers to use around the net.

So, how does munitions controlling compare and differ to the other control powers (Mental, Gadgets, Light and Quantum)?
  6. Roomba Dedicated Player

Rotation?
    • Like x 1
  7. Roomba Dedicated Player

Muni affords trollers to be able to do everything easily from ranged, with more than adequate stuns. The crown jewel IMO multi net launcher which is a stun, a debuff, and either a ST or AoE pull (if you choose to use the pull aspect at all).

Muni differs from others in that there is no self shielding, but you do have a detaunt/CC breaker/immunity giver (like Gadgets). I also do not believe Muni has any encasements.

Muni has a group shield/power regen SC.

Hopefully someone else just as passionate about trolling can pop in here and help you further.

If I cared primarily about trolling, I'd probably pick Muni.

But to your original statement: Let's not kid oursevles. Good trollers aren't good because there is "deep" theory to trolling. Good trollers are good because they know when to CC and when not to over-CC, when to hit SCs, when to keep debuffs active, and never letting that pot drop. It's all about situational awareness and appropriate timing of abilities. This is something that is not specific to Muni trolling, and is not always easily taught.
    • Like x 1
  8. Xzotix Committed Player

Try this, it's pretty good. a bit more detailed for controlling. It's a link to a pdf file about it.
  9. Xzotix Committed Player

Curious about this rotation also!
  10. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Thanks
    It was actually one of the last places I looked before I posted here.
    • Like x 1
  11. BleepingPC Active Player

Exactly how it's listed, ki, rails, particle, 50cal, chain

Then when I can fit big gun in there
  12. Roomba Dedicated Player

This rotation leaves much to be desired.

Using the powers you list, I don't see a point to 50 Cal. It is very low DPS, and you don't need to use 4 powers.

PG and 50 Cal have a small radius and will likely make you lose a lot on aoe encounters, but are certainly viable in low target fights

I recommend everyone keep Splosion on their bar. Nothing comes close to it.

5BM is better DPS than pg, 50 cal, and chain gun.

People that need to regularly use Biggun to stay competitive.... I'll hold my tongue. But its just silly. Was doing NGN runs with another muni. He beat me (by less than 10%) on one run where he basically kept Biggun on cool down. The next run I did the same thing and doubled his DPS just to shut him up.

My opinions are often unpopular (Mean ol' Roomba...), so if anyone finds what I am saying is off base or untrue in any way, please let me know. I say these things so that you may boost your performance.
  13. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

I can't say anything about the other powers because I don't play them, but I do have a munitions troll. The obvious thing is the lack of a non SC shield, but I don't have too much trouble with controlling. I was going to write up a guide when the power came out but Roomba here put up the quick one here so I've just let it stick.
  14. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

This guide is very DPS centric. So maybe another Munitions (Controller) guide one would not be inappropriate for this part of the forum.
    • Like x 1
  15. Roomba Dedicated Player

Or write the troll guide and I will put it up on the 2nd post, with your name at the top of it and just copying/pasting whatever you write.

People invite me to their groups to pew, not to troll, so I have less experience with it.

Whatever you decide, we all stand to benefit. I would also love it if someone chimed in with a PvP guide.
    • Like x 1
  16. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

I may consider it if there's enough interest. I almost never see a munitions troll in game.
  17. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

well, I got two extra 110s that I'll have to use for something, and I can't see myself healing with munitions yet
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

Heyo Soldiers!

I respecced one of my alts to Munitions since I specced my main who used to be a controller for three years to tank so that I still have a controller. And since I play all roles, I decided to tap into Munition dps'ing.

I tried my best to understand the Bullet Frenzy but it appears that I still do something wrong? I tried to read the last few pages but all of them is a bit too much at the moment (am more occupied with reading dissertations lol).

Okay anyways can someone in detail (maybe with an example) explain to me how BF exactly works? I'm German, so english isn't my native tongue but since a) German translation in this game is terribad and b) I play all my games in English I might struggle with the wording of the mechanic.

Does "Activates Bullet Frenzy when used following 4 seconds of performing other abilities that can grant Bullet Frenzy" mean

- that I get BF the second I use the power and that I have to use other powers that grant BF in the following four seconds to maintain and refresh it
    - that I get a "delayed trigger on BF" when I use a power and BF only activates when I used skills that grant BF as well in the following four seconds?

And somewhere in between I seem to loose BF once in a while. Atm I'm toying with loadouts from this thread, using 50cal, not using it, I grow fond of 'splosion really quickly and so far I did good. But that's probably because I think of myself as a pretty good player who can utilize positioning, meleeing and stuff like that and not because I'm good at Munitions.

Atm I'm running with

Railguns, Rocket Launcher, 50cal, 'Splosion, Wildcard (Biggun or Five-Barrel Minigun), Killer Instincts.

If I'm running with Rail->50splosion->Rocket Launcher->50Splosion I tend to loose BF after a few rotations.
    Same is true for Rail->RL->Splosion without using 50cal at all.

I feel that there is something I'm missing, like when I'm below 4 seconds of powers in succession. If someone could enlighten me on this I'd be very happy :)

Best regards

Schimära
  19. Roomba Dedicated Player

You are right in that BF is NOT activated on your first attack.

The AM requires us to:

1) Use at least 3 abilities
    2) Continuously use powers for at least 4 seconds (you have about 2 seconds between attacks before the AM drops)
    3) Make sure there are at least 4 seconds between using the same ability. If it is less than 4 seconds since you used the same power, the AM will drop.

Let me give you an example, using my usual loadout:

KI/Splode #1> Rails > 5BM > Splode #2
    (Instant > 2.5 Seconds > 2.5 Seconds > 0.5 Seconds)
    BF will be activated about half way through 5BM (once the 4th second hits)

Splode #1 will NOT have its damage boosted, but Splode #2 will.

Once I repeat this rotation, all attacks will receive boosted damage from BF.

I no longer use 50 Splode rotations, however when I did, I needed to use a range tap between attacks to keep the AM up, due to timing issues.

Rail > 50 splode = 4 seconds

RL > 50 Splode = 3.5 seconds

You can see that that second "half" of that rotation does not satisfy the 4 second requirement even though it DOES fulfill the "at least 3 abilities" requirement. What I mean by this, is that although you are using the right amount of abilities, it will be less than 4 seconds between 50 Cals. This overlap is what causes the AM to drop.

So using your rotation it would have to be:

Rail > RT > 50 Splode > RT > Rocket Launcher > RT > 50 Splode, and so on.

An alternative is you can try Rails > 50 Splode > 5BM > 50 Splode, as both "halves" of that rotation are at least 4 seconds long.

I'm not certain why Rail > RL > Splosion is dropping for you though. Are you on Playstation? I know other users that have chimed in on here were saying they were having timing issues on PSN that I haven't seen on PC. But that rotation is about 4.5-5 seconds long and should not be dropping.

Let me know if that helps any, and if not, we'll see what else might be going on
    • Like x 1
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

Wonderful, that's what I've been looking for, thank you! I gonna test this now :)

Btw "RT" means right tap could that be? Because I didn't found any powers that can be shorten to this and in other threads I usually referred to it as PT ^^ But if it's the phantom triangle I know what you mean.

I play on EUPC btw, so maybe I was either too slow or too fast, I need to reproduce this issue then.

And about 50 cal you said that it doesn't have that much of an impact on your dps, so it would be probably better to replace it with some utility or some more ranged power in case I can't melee certain encounters?

Another curious question, how did you get along in HH elite with Splosion? So far I just tanked it multiple times but haven't been able to run it from a DPS'es perspective. I'm planning to catch up on this today.

Aaaand finally: Do you guys also have trouble from time to time to block-cancel your powers? Sometimes it just realizes the block attempt and I just finish my animation causing me to die in various situations (WW, Carol, Hervok, Lashina).