Munitions: A preliminary guide/discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Roomba, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Xzotix Committed Player

I tried this load out last night, loving it's functionality. Don't need 2 armories most of the time.
    I am going to try an all graviton LO just to see how that works. Hey, why not, everything else works fine.
    Rails, RL, PG, Splode, Biggun, KI
    Surprised more are not using PG, I think it's probably the best single target in the set. Thoughts?
  2. Careless Active Player

Can anyone recommend a good load out for HH I'm currently running KI,PG,RG,5BMG,RL and big gun.No splosion because its just too risky
  3. Roomba Dedicated Player

I get mixed reviews. I was never jazzed by it, I've always seen RL out perform it, but I know others swear by it. I'll look into it again.

I can't find it in my inbox, but someone had checked out some base numbers and found that really all the 2s attacks basically did the same DPS, it all just depended on your luck with crits.

Either way, being that I hardly ever use a 3rd ranged attack, I think it largely comes down to personal preference.

I say time and time again, I love SGL even though on my testing it never DPSed "well"
  4. Roomba Dedicated Player

Please refer to the post directly before yours, the front page, or most of the posts in the last 2 pages.

In regards to your loadout:

I don't see the need for 4 ranged attacks. Rails and 5BM are definitely 2 you always want to use. RL and PG basically have the same functionality... 3-4 ticks with a small radius around your target. In my opinion, there is no reason to keep both on your loadout.

If you must have a 4th ranged attack, consider CG or SGL as they are wider attacks and may be more optimal in trash situations.

Splosion is something you are going to have to get comfortable with if you want to be competitive with the big boys (Mental, Quantum, etc.). It's risky, yes. But this is a video game. You die, you learn, you get better. Splosion's readius is bigger and more viable than you think it is, I promise you.

I use Splosion on every boss in HH (even elite!... when I can get USPC villains to actually do it lol), even the ever popular Stompa, and I do very well. Do I use it in EVERY rotation? Of course not. Munitions is a mobile DPS class. We are designed to be able to move in close and make our opponents pay for it, and retreat when necessary. It is the reward of understanding your powerset and also your opponents. My alt is a fire tank, so I am forced to understand the bosses' attacks, so that certainly helps me with my DPS situational awareness.

But still, keep it on your loadout for the trash and Drone at least I'd say.

Okay okay okay last thing. So let's say you REALLY hate Splosion (cause you're nuts maybe, I dunno), but you realize you don't need 4 ranged attacks.

For HH I'd pick one of two things: Survival for a detaunt/breakout/immunity to help with rezzes, or APS (the group shield/power regen SC) to give your team some extra breathing room should **** hit the fan and the trolls/heals arent able to do it. I'd recommend either of these much higher than a 4th ranged attack.
  5. seek76 Committed Player

RG> RL>SGL>Splosion works really well also. Leave off splosion if not close enough. It has parsed higher than any other loadout
    I've tested.
    • Like x 1
  6. AceTheDazed Well-Known Player

is there really any way to dps long range? (meaning out of splosion range) just asking what should i do when there are quick enemies like zoom that never stay still...also what about bosses like stompa...i know sometimes you can use splosion when they aren't attacking but what are you supposed to do while they ARE attacking...are rocket launcher and rails they only thing we can do when stuck at range?
  7. AceTheDazed Well-Known Player

For instance ice am has avalanche long range...mental am has mass levitate long range. fire am has mass detonation, so on and so forth...what our lower damage long range big hit?
  8. Absolix Loyal Player

Munitions' AM powers all hit from full range except Splosion. They simply do increased damage when hitting enemies withing 12m of you. If you go beyond 12m you can use the same powers you would use within 12m, except Splosion, and you will do decreased damage without changing your loadout.
    • Like x 1
  9. AceTheDazed Well-Known Player

yea but the normal ranged moves dont do good damage...they are like the lead up powers to quantums big boom...except at range munitions doesnt lead up to anything...it just keeps going on small damage.
  10. Absolix Loyal Player

Are you waiting till after you are using them for 4 sec and using at least 3 different powers? Because, if not you are not activating the AM.
  11. AceTheDazed Well-Known Player

hmm...if i just use rocket into rails into schrapnel grenade...am i getting am? thats the rotation i use when im stuck in range mode.
  12. Absolix Loyal Player

After using those powers for 4 sec in the order you described you should see a significant increase in damage. Before the 4 sec you will not see the AM damage.

You have to have used at least 2 different powers used before you reuse a power or the damage boost will be lost. Soeif you were to do something like Rocket>Shrapnel>Rocket>Rails>Rocket>Shrapnel and so on, you would not activate the AM, because there are not at least 2 different powers used between uses of Rocket Launcher.
  13. Careless Active Player

I run HH Elite 3 times a night and the loadout I use that works perfect for me is Chain Grenade/KI,RG,5BMG,RL and only use chain grenade when ki comes off cool down.
  14. Roomba Dedicated Player

Replacing SGL with 5BM will parse higher.

When using Splosion, only use 2 attacks before it. 3 attacks before it is a dps loss.
  15. Roomba Dedicated Player

Snip. I misread.

Some people use CGL, it sure looks cool. DPS wise, it is about on par with using 2 right taps during a rotation. Nothing stellar, but of course free dps is free dps, so why not?

Otherwise, our loadouts are identical except I still use Splosion (instead of CGL) in HH Elite
  16. Roomba Dedicated Player

17. seek76 Committed Player

Not for me it didn't. I don't have time to explain right now, because I need to go check some facts, because I don't want to state something false on here. Will post later when I get back on
  18. Xzotix Committed Player

True.
    5BM parsed higher than SGL, and RL in my 'failed' graviton loadout.
    Side note: Full graviton is not viable in high end content.
    RL was surprising to me, for graviton LO it was hitting half the dmg of Rails and PG, hardly crit at all.
    Replaced it with 5MB which was a major dmg upgrade in live content parse.
  19. AceTheDazed Well-Known Player

so you use rails, 5mb and what else? i use RL but what do you use?
  20. Roomba Dedicated Player

Had this exact conversation a page or two ago :p.

RL for ST, CG for wide spread fights/object fights, SGL because "it's pretty" (when I like topping the scorecharts in style and with fireworks)