Might, Power and Support Oh My!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Golden Tanager, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Golden Tanager Level 30

So I've seen this come up a few times on some threads but not really discussed in detail.

The idea being separating might and power. For the purpose of support being able to get extra power without might. And not relying on mods.

PffT DPS seem to not like the idea (correct me if I'm wrong). But what if to remedy that, controller power out were to be increased? Or stacking power out with 2 controllers? Or both? That way they can get might (and power did they choose to) but still have power coming in so they can play the way they were before.

Being able to spec into power would also help healers and tanks so they can go into their main stats as well instead of having to get might.

Thoughts? Ideas?
  2. krytine Loyal Player

So you want might and power broken up? Why? Both support and dps get the advantage so what's the big deal? Rid a support out damage you while you were dps
    • Like x 4
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

Tbh i still dont understand why might and power were combined. Wait scratch that. I do know why. I should say combining it imo was not a great decision. The revamp should of been labeled "power matters" because its been the main focus of the entire thing imo. It really feels like the main stat for ever role is now power.
    • Like x 2
  4. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Why would support players want the two separated? Does having all power, no might benefit them? No. It actually would hinder them. The might they are able to acquire, allows them to complete content in support role stance.

Secondly, the PFFT DPS would stack all might, no power, and then be dependent on trolls for nothing but power. Separating the two would actually hinder PFFT DPS. The burden would be passed on the the TROLLS, who would be nothing more than blue bar healers, again.

Last, healers and tanks dont want some might with their power? Again, with the way the setup is, being able to complete instances in support stance is primarily due to the stacking of might and power together. Seperate the two, and DPS/HEALS/TROLLS will have to run all instances except for raids as DPS.
    • Like x 8
  5. krytine Loyal Player

The fact that some players are being out damaged by supports is funny they want to blame it on the might power stats. This isn't the case. Most players that out dps good dps are wearing split gear to gain additional crits. Those crits sh9uld only be available to dps while I. Dps role. This would give the dps class its true distinction from the others and if you are going to have lower health and defense then you better ramp up the offense. Think about it. The massive AM damage is gone and good for that. So if all roles help with damage lets say you have 6 supports in the group that average 50% of the damage of a quality dps. That gives you a total burn equivalent to 3 dps plus double roles plus the other 2 dps you have equal to 5 dps in the group but still have 2 heals and trolls and tanks the run gets smoother and easier if mistakes happen they are more easily overcome
    • Like x 2
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

What are trolls now? What have trolls always been for the most part in this game? Blue bar healers. The troll role imo doesnt NEED to do anything but provide power atm. Stuns break so fast and debuffs rarely matter except for elite content or SM. Its hard finding people to troll these days because in many players eyes the role is now worse then before the revamp and people dont wanna play it.

And many players already run all content besides raids as dps. Obviously many healers still heal alerts tho. We have armories that allow players to do this. And many in the community dont want support roles in duos and want 3-1 in alerts. Point im making is its already like this. Im not saying i want them to separate might/pwr again either. But i dont feel this system is better then others we have had in the game. Ive still never heard a reason that makes sense for why people want to dps in support role when u can simply dps by using an armory or hitting T.
  7. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

Umm no? Crits are all in the sp tree unless i missed something.
    • Like x 1
  8. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

reducing the might support players are able to acquire, will only make it more DPSUO, while now it there is a slight uptick on support player damage...

Trolls are on the endangered role list. The changes to the role, were all bad IMO. I have trolled for a long time, stuns are not as effective as they used to be, INSTA POT removed all skill from the role. Insta power is far too weak. Heck take away our might after the revamp, where I'd barely be putting up any numbers damage wise, and you may as well kill the role entirely.
    • Like x 4
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

If you are seeing there is a power issue everytime you run raids.. the answer isnt to give controllers a boost in recharging the answer is maybe its time the community actually bring two trolls in as a standard and let those who can actually solo troll be the unicorn ... why is it that we set our selves up for these issues when they can be rselovled by excluding that dps who is so far below the rest where he is really just taking up a spot that a troll could be added and everyone's power bar will stay blue....

Makes no sense to me
    • Like x 8
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I honestly feel like they need to do for the other support roles what they did for the tank role increase their damage... reduce their power out... let the dps be the only ones that struggle to stay powered... that way dropping a dps for a support role wont be so bad cause the support role will be helping with the damage out more so then that 5th or 4th dps that isnt making much of a difference...
    • Like x 3
  11. Golden Tanager Level 30

I'm neither here nor there with the idea, something I thought was interesting. I realize support gets benefits with them being together. When I am trolling my SP is all in might/power and that gives me enough power to sustain heals and tanks mainly (dps imo need to learn to take care of themselves for the most part) but i have nothing in Vit. And that to me is the problem, thats the main stat for trollers.

Not sure exactly how not having might in support would be a hindrance to healing when they need resto and tanks who need health (amongst other things). We all get the bulk of our stats from gear. So we all would have might just some more than others.

Also I thought with Pot being able to stack or having more power out would be nice to encourage more trolls to come out and play.

Not saying that heals and tanks don't want might and power together cause quite frankly I can't speak for anyone. Again I saw this idea expressed but not discussed thoroughly (if it was my apologies)

PS i think it's funny how anyone would assume I was out dps by a support, when this idea impacts all roles. Why would anyone advocate this if this was a complaint about being out dps by support?
  12. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Its not just support players that benefit. Those DPS that want to PFTT, have an increase power pool to do so because the two are stacked.
    • Like x 2
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Because seperating them out hinders PftT too much.

They tried it early on in the stat revamp testing, it didn't work because it required too many skill points and basically makes PftT impossible for anyone who doesn't have an insane amount of SP.

If you separate Power from Might you suddenly move to a requirement of

1SP Movement
    20SP Crits
    40SP Crits
    175 Might
    175 Power

411 Total

It simply hindered the play style too much

I actually simply don't understand this request to move power away from might, doing so serves absolutely no logical purpose.
    • Like x 4
  14. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Tarif Committed Player

S eperate them. If a good dps wants power, they will spec into it for their role. This clumping of might and power has imbalanced our roles more than anything I have seen.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

it's imbalanced the roles how? that's absolute nonsense. separating power out only makes PftT more difficult are you saying you want to hybrid now. You think seperating power out is somehow going to stop "support battle roles" it won't... news flash for you they'll still spec vit/might, resto/might, dom/might.

The only thing you'll be doing is making it harder for people that actually want to PftT.
    • Like x 6
  17. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

He wants to handicap support role players to do as little damage as possible, while allowing the all mighty DPS to be king again....
    • Like x 6
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Hes been on and on about his... something tells me hes getting out dpsed by tanks.. and not happy about it... its not the tanks btw
    • Like x 3
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

The might and power stat is something all roles use. To change that would fundamentally change balance in a sense or at least hurt how PftT works. It would be a huge nerf to that playstyle.
    • Like x 4
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

For the record i never said i wanted it separated. Imo the entire system is flawed.