Might, Power and Support Oh My!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Golden Tanager, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Proxystar #Perception

It isn't de-reailing a thread because a person disagrees with you. You can't go through life expecting that everyone will.

I've laid out quite a clear argument so as to explain things to you and the only thing I've ever seen back is "No you're just wrong'.

If you want to argue the point then do it Tarif, but come up with an argument that is factual and meaningful rather than emotive.

You can't say it's imbalanced because it "feels imbalanced" or pull up arbitrary figures. You have to support your argument with logic, reason and fact.

Following that I'm more than happy to consider what you're saying but at the moment the stuff you're saying simply isn't based in truth.

I will categorically tell you, a good DPS will still do the appropriate amount of damage over and above a support player and a battle support player that justifies their existence as a required role.
    • Like x 1
  2. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

That's what we have been told for years, alerts are for any group make up. I think that should include battle support players....

Raids, bring along a traditional support role player if you are going to battle role... trolling a raid as battle support is not possible without a second/main troll, IMO. For starters, you simply don't have enough power. Recharge only hits the four lowest blue bar members of the group. Supply drops and SC can not be obtained quickly enough to off set the drop in POT, loss on insta power from the troll.

I certainly wont try an at level raid in battle stance solo.
    • Like x 1
  3. Streven Dedicated Player

If support stats are increased or made more effective, you don't need to use as much power. Might and power dont need to be seperated. Also, any dps being out damaged by a support role is nothing more than a mediocre dps.
    • Like x 1
  4. Golden Tanager Level 30

I just wanted to say that I like this thought very much. Although what I would want is for it to be boosted too much that it makes having a "2nd" support role obsolete. I am very much in favor of 2222 or even 3221
    • Like x 1
  5. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Spamming 300's is already the top dps rotations that people do...
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You, sir, are making TOO much sense....that's not allowed around these parts.;)
    • Like x 2
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's not about good or bad DPS, it's about not enough skill points to max out your stats properly. You're so obsessed with this "DPS should be the only ones doing damage" bs you can't even see how separating them is NOT a good thing. You're a lone wolf on a mission no one else believes in. Your agenda will go nowhere.
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Please provide a detailed source of where you are getting you data...
    • Like x 1
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

This was already suggested a lot of times and the devs said NO. 6 pages and no devs response again so the discussion here is senseless.

Might and Power attached is fine as it is. They just need to buff Vitalization to 70% instead of 35%.
    • Like x 2
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It's not a loophole if the Devs intentionally designed things that way. That's why all your protesting is silly. This wasn't an accident or something that slipped through unnoticed. The only imbalance in the game was players purposely leaving out support roles in favor of more damage. The only imbalance that remains is the other support roles needing to be brought up to similar levels. If that means that DPSes aren't special little snowflakes anymore, so be it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Tarif Committed Player

I didnt say anything about dps being the only ones doing damage. Thats incorrect. I said there is an imbalance to our game. To our powers, and our roles. And I aint lone nothing. You have read the patch notes by now, right? Enjoy yourself. Feedback is being listened to. Little by little, there will be a better balance to our game.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Where are these so-called unhappy people you speak of???? I see you and...maybe one or two others who seem to agree with you. And even then, it's pretty much you championing this worthless cause. If they're so unhappy, why are they not here speaking up??? And please don't give me that tired "Devs don't listen BS"...because we know that's not true, and if you truly believed it, you wouldn't be here day after day spouting the same mess. Fact of the matter is, this isn't the big deal you're making it out to be, and there aren't as many doing what you claim. End of the day, your scoreboard reign has been threatened and now you want to punish everyone else having fun.
  13. Tarif Committed Player

A dps gets 10% damage increase for playing in the damage role.

Tanks, while in there support stance, and depending on power type, get active defensive abilities as Tanks.

With a Dps, our actual Damage role only getting a 10% damage increase, and no added benefit, many players are opting to play flavor of the month tank powers right now that are over performing, getting 90% of the same damage out if they are geared and spec'd stat and mod wise as a dps - in tank role. This is widespread, in our game. Causing nothing but how garbage in content in game right now, because they have no restriction in place, or intent to actually want to play as their actual support role.

Healers, when using a power that heals, get a negative 50% damage reduction, to discourage abuse from battle healing, and not wanting to heal. The other support roles, controller and tank, do not have a restriction in place as of yet. A dps getting only 10% as the actual damage dealer, does not make the advantage of playing in damage role very appealing, compared to what you get by running sped, and geared as a dps in tank or controller stance right now. Thats an imbalance. And I know for a fact its being looked into already now. We have 4 roles, not 3.

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Damage

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Tank
  14. Tarif Committed Player

Man please. Its not rocket science to see whats happening on these forums and to listen to people in game all this time, while watching the countless people run this way in game. I can say the same of you and the same people over and over that are active on these forums that keep trying to defend this garbage and de-rail threads.

In case you havnt noticed, small balance issues are being addressed little by little now. Its a great start in my opinion. Money talks, people are unhappy. Enjoy yourself.
  15. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

I'm unhappy with the current damage amounts; so I'm no longer a legendary member and stopped making micro transactions.

Still playing the game in the heavily limited free mode. Don't envision this changing after reading the latest update notes on power nerfing.
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

why not just get the might and power as you get the power you want and might as a plus if they separated them you wouldn't get more power as it is you get the perk of getting both
  17. Drathmor Unwavering Player

until today atomic, rage, and earth were all nerfed today because of ******** DPS crying.. obviously smooth runs are a problem now and crappy DPS are more important to the Devs than people being able to play the support role they want how they want
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You keep saying this confidently as if it's true, yet you've offered ZERO shred of proof that this is the case. Are you asking all of these battle support players if they have no intent to play their roles??? Do they all make an announcement in your groups??? No? Then how the hell are you so damned sure that this is the case??? Oh, because they've chosen to experiment and have some Fun (you know, the main point of this or any game) you've chosen to assume that they don't intend to do their roles??? Well, let me be the very first to disavow you of this foolish unsubstantiated belief. I battle tank with my Earth character with EVERY intention to fulfill my role...I just happen to do it in a way that's more...Fun. Nothing you say can or will negate my intent.

I truly hope the Devs are gathering good data from the few support players that are doing this...so maybe they can make the other support roles more fun as well, then everyone can have fun again (of course better content is wanted and needed too).
    • Like x 3
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

The problem with making it require those roles then people cant beat it because they refuse to run it properly, so then they get on here and cry that the content is too hard. no it's not too hard you just insist on stacking DPS instead of setting up the group correctly our community have been able to steam roll for so long they dont know how to play a MMO as a group game
    • Like x 1
  20. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

So you're pretty much saying the On Duty grouping is a waste of time. You know when you PUG it'll be full of low level DPS's.