Might, Power and Support Oh My!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Golden Tanager, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Golden Tanager Level 30

I'm learning, I'm learning sorry XD (don't know how to do emojis yet from my phone)
    • Like x 1
  2. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

On behalf of the combo powers this is a terrible idea in regards to dps. Have you seen the power HL dps go through? Have you seen the power the rest of the combo powers go through as dps? Separating Might and Power would kill what HL and Celest dps are left because they wouldn't get enough power after spec'ing into Might to support the power cost, combo cost, and clipping.

Certain powers and support roles really struggle on a power front. Separating Might from Power doesn't help a Celestial healer at all. Healer base power pool needs to be increased to alleviate the power consumption issues which would also keep them from having the need to spec into Might/Power. Healers and Controllers shouldn't be backed into a corner to have to choose Power over their main stat to accommodate these insane power costs/power consumption.

The issue isn't Power being combined with Might, it's problems within the powersets themselves, in the role, power costs, and functionality. Had they taken into account what they were actually doing they'd realize they hung Healers and Trolls out to dry.
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Might and power combined push players into pftt. Pftt is nothing but AM. Just give the power back mechanic to pftt and be done with it. Battle support roles have to use might/power to be really effective.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

HOW?!?!

Damage alone, you still have to hit a power for Hybrid and Weapon. How do you NOT benefit from both stats? It's not just PFtT.
    • Like x 1
  5. Golden Tanager Level 30

So the point of this thread was to see if people would have preferred might and power separated. I know they tried this during testing and people didn't want it. But now I've seen that some do. Which was interesting.

So here is another thought/idea:

I said earlier that what if Vit, resto and dom had power attached as well. The problem was dps would be stacking a lot of power as they also use these stats (if they chose to cause again I've never seen one, I just see complaints like "I shouldn't have to spec into health" my eyes roll hard when I see that) what if power from these stats were to be negated much like PvP gear in PvE. So if a dps wanted to spec into Dom/Power they would only get Dom.

Support roles on the other hand if they were to spec into might/Power they would only get might leaving them to focus on their main (and other support) stat instead of might.

I know that kinda leaves battle support in the dust a little but with the proper speccing (word?) and skill it still may be possible. Which may be a great challenge or even fun for that special group of people (no sarcasm, people who can pull it off are held in high regard in my eyes).
  6. Tarif Committed Player

Categorically false, huh? You knew about this in february. True talk. You typed "Battle Support players absolutely do compromise their support abilities and stats to allow for extra damage." - And thats the damned problem.

Without damage reduction restrictions in place while in support role stance, 95% of the players spec'ing and running this trash are wreaking havoc on our game - with no intent on playing the actual support role they are in stance for. They get the added benefit of their roles just for being in that stance, even if they are spec'd and geared as a dps. This was not intended, especially for tanks.

Right now, Tank players Spec'ing and geared as dps with no intent on playing their actual support role, are getting 90% capacity of the actual damage dealing role and abusing this loophole are ALSO getting:

Atomic: Defense is increased by 90% while not blocking;

Earth: In Tank role, Defense increases equal to 65% of Dominance while not blocking.
    Aftershocks from Jackhammer or Upheaval activate Stone Skin which increases Defense by 55% while not blocking.
    A portion of incoming damage will transfer automatically to a summoned Brick Golem;

Fire: In Tank role, Health increases by 50% and incoming Healing increases by 50% while not blocking.
    Fire Soul grants +30%Defense while not blocking and increases up to +50% as Burning enemies are directly damaged;

Ice: In Tank role, Defense increases by +65% while not blocking.
    Using a Shield activates Ice Armor which increases Defense increases by +35% ;

Rage: In Tank role, Defense increases by +50% and Health increases by +20% while not blocking. Scar Tissue grants Health as the Combo Meter increases up to a maximum of 100% of Dominance.

What does a Dps get, that separates the actual Damage dealer in this game for being in the Dps role? A Player in Damage Role gains +10% Damage. Period. There are no added benefits. In fact, in no raid content like alerts, there are damage reduction caps that nerf a dps if there are more than a determined number.

Ill say this, you personally were commenting on a thread about this in february, where players were voicing negative feedback about this. One of your posts, you actually said that if a dps was mediocre...a support role would do 90% of their damage. Spin that how you want, but there is no way any support should be getting the benefits of their own role PLUS 90% of the ACTUAL Damage Dealer Roles damage output. Thats what happened on test feedback, because of a very small minority that wanted this trash.

THIS IS NOT OUR ROLES OR OUR GAME BEING "BALANCED".

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-support-roles-doing-90-of-dps-damage.284479/
  7. krytine Loyal Player

But this whole conversation is about how to make it worth being a dps and not someone in dps gear in role form. All other roles get some kind of boost. So why not give a fair boost for the dps role. Fair is fair
    • Like x 1
  8. Tarif Committed Player

Definitely agree. The benefits that a support get from being in that stance far out way a negative 10% damage reduction. There needs to be either restriction in place for support players running this loophole, like there are for Healers (Neg 50% damage reduction), or more incentive for the actual Damage role to even want to play as a Dps. We have 4 roles to this game, not 3.
  9. krytine Loyal Player

Look no restriction or debuff is needed for support any of themninclueding healers. But I do think if you are in your role you should have to wear your roles primary gear. Plus I do think a dps should also have a perk for dps and no I do not care to dps ever i enjoy runny my supports i always have. And I don't ever plain to run dps. But a dps should get something for being in that role. Maybe a 5 % boost to might and precision or just give them the extra crits
  10. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Okkkkk let me tell you what happens when you have on full dps gear with a full dps spec for Atomic. If you are in full dps gear as a tank you won't meet the minimum required Dominance for the content you are at tier for. For Atomic this means 0 CC for adds and self heals go to ****..Atomic self heals are based on 40% Dominance and 2% HP so if you are in full dps gear with a dps spec you are losing in both categories. So all that tells you right there Atomic tanks ARE NOT getting the full benefit of support role while doing damage. It's a loss and can be a deadly one..

Battle tanking in full dps gear wouldn't be the smartest thing someone could do. I don't mind battle tanks mixing gear and stats as long as they focus their main job first (tank) then maximize their damage capabilities as I do it myself. I put my main job first and then max damage after that. I also have a pure build for when the content actually calls for it and most do.

The main point is tanks don't receive full benefits using full dps gear and spec. They take a loss in some category.
    • Like x 1
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

The wearing split gear doesn't really do much for you, like in the past. My atomic tank before revamp did wear a dps shoulder and back, I think, for the crits. Those are gone now. Even full tank gear, he can tear it up.

I am all for battle roles, but the power should not dictate your damage. I know this thread is more so about the might and power tree, which is wrong btw. It should not be attached to might, end of story. Power should have been attached to all stats. This would give more freedom to spec. Currently, my water healer 198cr 135 sp is OP. Not from the gear or stats, just the power. I don't even have to spec into resto or dom to strengthen my heals or shields. I spec all points into might and power. I run my healer as damage prevention with multiple shields, but the fact is I need ZERO support stats from resto and dom to be able to perform my role. I don't even try and damage. This system makes the game overly simplistic, which is sad. I gave up healing years ago because I could not see health bars, I literally don't even need to watch health bars as long as I keep the shield rotation up. My atomic tank is no different. First week of revamp at 189cr I was able to solo WC, cause everyone kept dying. My tank is spec'd full might and power with the left over into dom. With gear and left over SP, he's still over 5k dom and can put up impressive damage numbers while not sacrificing anything. Maybe this is the system people want, but it seems more like a little kids game now than a skilled game. Most all dps are PffT and still running AMs or 1234 loadouts. Nothing has changed except dummying down of roles.
    • Like x 1
  12. Tarif Committed Player

Charmed, your thinking too much like how a good player should be thinking! Sadly, 95% of the players just doing this and abusing this loophole game-wide right now, are not thinking in that way, and have NO intent on actually tanking even though they are in that support stance.
    • Like x 1
  13. Tarif Committed Player

They need to do something to provide incentive for someone to actual want to run in the actual damage role besides a 10% damage increase.

Right now, that is the only bonus, and controllers and tanks get all the benefits of their support role with only that 10% damage reduction. Thats why game-wide we see (Mostly with some of the OP Tank Powers right now) players running this loophole, playing in support role stance for these benefits WITHOUT having the intent to actually play or fulfill their support role duties for the group.

Thats way too much room for abuse, and in no way is this balance for our roles, or our game right now.
  14. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

The ones who aren't doing it properly will learn the hard way one way or another, simple as that. Can't do much damage on one knee...
  15. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Why should there be any additional added incentive for DPS? 95% of the game already play as DPS, and the role less buff absolutely demolishes and trumps any and every argument you make by totally eliminating the need for any role except for DPS...

Do away with the role less buff, and you may have a valid argument, until then, all I can do is laugh.
    • Like x 2
  16. FoolsFire Devoted Player

If you have enough SP you do get a boost. That's the whole idea behind SM. Get fully vested as a DPS and then start getting extra advantages from healer/troller/tank traits. I'm a perfect example and have mentioned this in Trailblazing Guide to Fire several times.

I'm fully vested in Superpower - Crit Attack/Damamge - Might

I put the other 43 SP into Critical Heals Chance/Magnitude due to my load out having three powers that give heals anyway. Currently I'm at 25% Chance / 83% Magnitude.

Just off of Stoked Flames alone I'm getting about 5,000 worth of heals every rotation. (As compared to 2,600 Health if I went that route.)

If you want extra goodies like the support roles then start getting those SPs...as intended.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

It's not a loophole. something that is design intended is not a loophole. Stop calling it that. It calls into question your ability to tell the difference between objective facts and your subjective opinion(as do many statements you make).
    • Like x 1
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You know if they just updated troll role, making it more enjoyable to play so more people are willing to do it, finding two trolls wouldn't be an issue, and then this whole "power" problem wouldn't be a problem
    • Like x 4
  19. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Did I miss something?

They need to do what, to get who, to run in actual damage role?

Incentives for DPS's, really are you seriously claiming they need more DPS's in the game?

Another revamp giving DPS's another form of AM, is that what your asking for?

Or are you just saying you don't like support roles being able to do 90% of the damage a DPS can do because the scorecard makes the DPS's look like they are scrubs?

Your best example are people who basically are trying to get into a raid as quickly as possible, or someone who has no clue as to how they switched to the other role, someone who is experimenting or because of the lack of mediocre to good non-dps players having people attempt to help just get the content done players in the runs or whatever in the countless excuses one may have.

Whatever your reason, please explain to me the easiest role to find ingame right now, hands down, and why the other roles have the most difficult time with incentives to get players to run said roles?

Then explain why the easiest role to find actually need even more incentives to get players to play that role, when there are majority of other players in that role.
    • Like x 1
  20. Wallachia Devoted Player

I long for the day when people will understand that 2-2-2-2 is the best formation.
    • Like x 1