Marks of Triumph Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 6, 2014.

1. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Update anyone?

I have 75,000 marks just sitting in my inventory. Ive deleted about 25,000 + as well. Its getting increasingly frustrating, especially because we're capped on bank/inventory space.
  2. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

If they would make the rare style vendor marks of triumph again I could spend my marks. The new amazon styles should cost fury marks, but the styles that can be found in content that gives triumphs should cost triumphs to buy. Another confusing decision.
    • Like x 5
  3. Incredible Wrecker New Player

100% agree. No reason for styles that cost MoT and/or drop in content that rewards MoT not to be purchasable in the style vendor for MoT.
    • Like x 4
  4. Walterlight New Player

2 rows? haha my bank is full of them i have 190k marks in total
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It was never Marks of Triumph so they can't make it MoT "again." We have been told that they are the rarest style sets in the game so they will always cost the highest marks in game at that time to retain their value. They are intended to be difficult to get.
  6. Incredible Wrecker New Player

But some in it att
    But that isn't true sector agent isn't rare. No reason not to cost MoT and no reason not to have time travelers or traces in it.
    • Like x 2
  7. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

They did it to force people to purchase the DLCs that utilize these marks, excluding the vendors use for F2P players and restricting it to Prems that buy the DLC(s), or legendary players. As such, there are several dozen drawbacks to this method that have already been mentioned. Surrender your wallet now and worry about the quality of the game later.
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Well that's just a plain lie. Nobody is forced to use the vendor. They can still get the styles in the drops if they like, this is just another option. The devs themselves have stated this many times. Free members can't get most of the styles anyway because most of the styles on the vendor are tied to a DLC.
    • Like x 1
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Sector Agent may not be as rare as the others but a lot of people probably don't have it. I am one of those people. I love the Oan Sciencells alert but I don't really like the Coast City alert, and the style is split between the two alerts.

The reason it is not MoT has already been explained by me and by officials so saying "there is no reason" is incorrect.
  10. Incredible Wrecker New Player

Just because something is explained doesn't justify it or make it correct.
    • Like x 1
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Whether it is "justified" or "correct" is entirely down to different peoples' opinions. I believe it is fine the way it's done but that is just my opinion.
  12. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

That just rests my case even more, and don't forget about extending valor also.
  13. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

I'm still trying to figure out why the Marks of Fury are capped at 100, when every other current tier mark had a limit of 250 in the past. Is that because of the Marks of Triumph glitch as well?
  14. game007dad Well-Known Player

My understanding that this is intended, I think they said they were doing this so when the next DLC(provided it is still MoF) hits we are not able to purchase nearly half the new set of armor on day one.

@Mepps/Spytle: Since the raid teleporters are now locked to CR why not simply just do away with the cap altogether.
  15. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Correct on the MoF.

I can answer the question you directed to Mepps and Spytle. The cap is due to computer programming. If you dedicate a specific amount of memory to a variable (in this case, how many MoT someone has), the programming is a lot easier than if you use an undefined amount of memory. The game currently uses a specific amount of memory, but the devs "forgot" about this until they tried to raise the cap above it. From the sound of things, they are currently changing the programming to use an undefined amount of memory to store this information, but with out an artificial limit placed you can end up with the file size of every character on the server ballooning as the amount of MoT goes from a tiny bit of the information about the character and keeps growing. After a year or two, you could see people who have characters where the amount of MoT they have accounts for half of the size their character takes up on the server.

What really needs to happen instead is give us new ways to spend MoT consistently. The colas were an attempt, and are good for people that don't have regular access to something above the T5 normal cola, but they are dropping from content now too.
    • Like x 2
  16. Humane Committed Player

Make more Token of Merit feats, I'm currently not even bothering saving MoT anymore.
    • Like x 4
  17. savageprime New Player

Yea honestly whats the point in triumph marks again? Base mods and supplies last a month and you can get enough to handle all upgrades with two raids so now we are sitting with marks for nothing or delete them. After styles and feats out of content why do it again if you literally dont need anything from it nor can even use marks you get from it? Js
    • Like x 1