Marks of Triumph Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 6, 2014.

1. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Just curious here....
    So the mark cap increase & new restriction have caused the problem. I'm confused why lowering the cap then to 65,000 is beneficial in this situation. Wouldn't removing the cap in general keep players from continuing to lose marks & negate the need for coding a fail safe for the current 65,000 mark cap? Sure during the process of a fix & removing any cap, players could possibly supersede the previously proposed 175,000 cap max, but I would think it would be a lot less headache then having to track who is losing what beyond what has already occurred. There is only so much a player can do with MoT. I don't see the negative impact it could possibly pose if people had no MoT cap.
    • Like x 2
  2. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

No cap is a good cap
    • Like x 1
  3. BigAl Devoted Player

There will come a day, when we will once again have the need for more than 2 different marks. I saw no reason to not keep MoR going. The ceiling will get higher and higher, and the same issue will arise again. I do hope there is a plan set in motion (besides the safeguard) that will protect such a thing going forward.
  4. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

The cap was originally created to limit progression so that all players could be forced into the same place progression wise. Prior to this change players would stockpile marks and then when a new DLC came out they would just immediately buy everything on day one.

The mark cap was put into the game in Game Update 13 on May 9th 2012 (almost 2 years ago). Four months later in September Game Update 18 instituted mark consolidation. This got rid of Distinction, Momentum, and Krypton marks and converted them to Triumph. The cap on MoT at that time was also increased to 50,000.

Prior to GU13 players would just accrue a huge amount of Marks and then if the Devs put anything into the game that should take time to earn, they would just buy the item on day one and then come onto the forums and complain about how there is nothing to do. By the time Home Turf came out players were getting frustrated with 'not having enough' marks. In reality the cap was forcing players to choose to purchase items they wanted to most, although obviously it put the players that only PvP'd into a tough spot since the only marks that could viably be used to buy mods were from PvE content. If there hadn't been a cap there would have been players that would have had over 100,000 MoT back then and they would have been on here saying players that were frustrated need to L2P, are noobs, etc. At least the cap put everyone in the same place progression wise.
  5. Little Sister New Player

I don't see how that's possible since new content contains new Marks ?
    • Like x 1
  6. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

The next DLC will more than likely also use Marks of Fury so it will limit players from buying everything that DLC has on day one.

EDIT: The cap doesn't effect new marks when they are initially introduced since obviously no one is at the mark cap on day one.
  7. Little Sister New Player

So can't they just cap the highest Tier mark, since we only have 2 Marks ? Like why is there a MoT cap at all ? :confused:

If you run the content, you should get the rewards. Maybe the current UI can't handle it or something. I remember something about "UI memory leaks" a few years ago.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yep.
    • Like x 2
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You do not need to do anything or open a ticket.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You do not need to put in a ticket.
  11. Humane Committed Player

As a few have said, why not eliminate the cap?
    • Like x 2
  12. Jamie New Player

Mepps, my MoR were never converted over to MoT. Was the automatic conversion rate the same as if I go to the vendor?
  13. Little Sister New Player

You have to go to the vendor, there was no automatic conversion.
    • Like x 1
  14. Jamie New Player

If there was no automatic conversion then how did so many people lose marks? Were they not paying attention that their MoT wasn't increasing? Thanks for the response.
  15. TheRealDeathern New Player

When converting marks, prior to the temporary cap in place, individuals were able to obtain a lot of marks. I had around 121K, almost twice the cap when it was put in place. Therefore, I lost around 75k marks by converting...
  16. Little Sister New Player

They were getting the Marks just fine. The problem was once they logged out and then back in the Marks were lost.
  17. Red MatrixNeo New Player

Thanks Mepps for the reply!
  18. Jamie New Player

That makes sense then. Thanks for clarifying.
  19. thenewkidd New Player

What is the purpose of the cap anyway...

I cannot run ANY T5 or T4 content while the cap is in place.

I knew this would not be a quick fix and "Temporary" is a bit more permanent than expected...

Just get rid of the cap... there is no need to have one at all.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The cap is lowered temporarily because you'll lose your marks if you have over it when you log out. We'll get that bug and the cap raised to it's intended level as soon as we can.
    • Like x 1