Marks of Triumph Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 6, 2014.

1. LaNay New Player

I knew they were supposed to be giving back MoTs...I have sent 2 tickets and both responses so far have been that they're investigating and that I should keep checking the forums for updates. But the 14th has come and gone, and I haven't gotten what I lost.
    I converted my marks of reality into marks of triumph and wasn't aware of the cap...I had 100+ of reality too, and it wasn't until a league mate mentioned something about it that I noticed.
    So, I guess another ticket? 3rd time the charm?
  2. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I posted this idea in the Gotham City Forum as Workaround to give us the Chance to save more marks without filling our inventory and bank, as Long as you work on a fix for the marks-cap:

3. Zanaria New Player

I kinda have to laugh at the people saying "No cap" Cause regardless of what you might think, there is always a cap on everything. That's simply because when data is entered into a database there is a set limit on what can be entered into the field, usually to prevent incorrect data from being entered into the field. Like for example if you have a field for a phone number, you would want it to only accept numbers like 1234567890 since phone numbers commonly only have the area code followed by 7 numbers and having more would be wrong.

So yeah there is always a cap, even if you don't see it.

(Though as a programmer I already know what I would have done to avoid any loss of marks from an issue like this. Something along the lines of say the cap is 1000 and each MoR gave you 20 MoT, it would be like: "If current amount is less than max amount - 20 then accept conversion. Else warn player they are too close to cap and deny conversion." So if someone had 988 MoT then they couldn't convert, but if they had 980 or less then they could.

Though that's just the simplest way I can see to doing that, without knowing exactly how the data is stored or coded.)
    • Like x 2
  4. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Y2K, man. y2k. proper planning prevents piss poor performance. (adding a team to handle logistics of data handling and text rewrites temporarily might help too. many descriptions of old content who's marks have long been gone are still referred to in the descriptions. Marks of War, Marks of Reality. No, leave it in there forever, it presents professionalism. :oops: While you're at it, Character creation..... pick a "server"? Any day now, Phases will be introduced to the game. :oops: )
  5. Calintz New Player

Where do you send questions to Mepps about Marks of Triumph? Basically if i put the question on here will it get answered or glossed over?
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

You need to just send him a text on his personal cell number.

...I can't be the only one that has it, right?
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

He decides what questions he will answer. It's not possible for him or any of the other official people to answer every direct question they get asked every day. Best you can do is ask in here and hope he decides to reply.
  8. Calintz New Player

Lol smart @-- :rolleyes:
  9. Calintz New Player

Thank you :)
  10. TheRealDeathern New Player

You may or may not receive an answer if you post, it. If it's worthy of consideration, you may want to start a thread and ask the community. Although the results may vary, you will get an answer... :D
  11. Calintz New Player

I was wondering as to why we can't just transfer/trade marks with toons that are account bound? I have my main toon and 3 back up toons for league assistance. I already hit the cap for marks and the only thing i really need MOT's for is for base boost's or for certain R&D part purchases. My bank is full of MOT cases that my other toons could benefit from. I like the fact that you can buy feats for account bound toons. Why not be able to give your other toons the marks your main toon don't really need?
  12. Calintz New Player

Thank you very much for the response :cool:
  13. TheRealDeathern New Player

There may be several threads on this topic as it comes up from time to time. You can try the search feature and see if it can locate one of the other threads for you to see how others members feel regarding the topic. You may even have a green name respond in those posts, that may give you better insight as to why it isn't allowed...

Speculating only, I don't see them allowing this. It would allow rapid advancement of toons and cut drastically replaying of content, my main for example, probably has enough marks in the bank to make two to three alts T5 or higher...thats a lot of nights of me not playing DC, and counter productive to the development and continuation of the game, but I'm just guessing...
    • Like x 1
  14. TheRealDeathern New Player

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/making-mot-account-bound.207020/

here is one for you I just saw. Hope it helps. :D
  15. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Any word on when the MoT cap issue will be fixed and will be increased back to 175,000? It wasn't in GU37, and its not in the test server notes for GU38. I also haven't seen anything about this in a while.
    • Like x 1
  16. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

I see many have marks filling about 2 rows of bank/inventory each worth above 6k to 12k knowing it is not worth deleting and now with us players that have been around for a while the only things we deal with with marks of Triumph is just: Base amenities, Trinket case, and exobit converters. Can we have a vendor convert large chunks of triumph to marks we use?
  17. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

18. Zanaria New Player

Actually in terms of a cap on marks of triumph there is one thing they could do to make it easier for players, they could add in other mark types that are only used for conversions. Like how you convert ten pennies $0.01 into one dime $0.10. You could have another mark that is worth like say 1k Marks Of Triumph so you could convert your triumphs into that and keep what you need. Would be as simple as adding something to the conversion vendors which converts triumphs to these other marks and these other marks back to triumphs.

As for people who have no use for triumphs, well it seems that keeping them around for a while is in your best interest if they are going to keep dropping the 2nd highest tier gear to triumphs if you don't get the full set before the next dlc comes out. But otherwise they do need something for people to use their marks on, and NOT just something that Legendary (or even premium) can use, Free Players can run out of uses just like Legendary, so there should be something that everyone can purchase with their marks when they have no other use for them.

One possible idea which could help free players quite a bit, is a repair token that can be purchased with excess triumphs, they could be used to repair damaged gear so that free or premium players who run out of cash don't have to go and find something to sell just so they can repair their gear.

Or you can make them transferrable, maybe with a penalty for doing so, like say if you transfer 1000 marks from one character to another, you lose 50-100 of the marks?
  19. Walterlight New Player

cap or no cap youd still lose marks if you have more than 65500 marks
  20. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

I was thinking more along the lines of an escrow account where you can stash another 65500