Marks of Triumph Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 6, 2014.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hi all,

With the launch of Game Update 36 and Amazon Fury Part I, Marks of Reality transitioned to Marks of Triumph, as we've done previously when a new Mark enters the game. With this transition, we raised the Marks of Triumph cap from 50,000 to 175,000. This presented an issue where players who logged out with more than about 65,500 Marks of Triumph lost some of them.

To address this and prevent further people from losing Marks, we temporarily lowered the cap to 65,500. This will be raised again to 175,000 once the problem is resolved.

We will also be adding a safeguard when consuming Marks that will prevent you from doing so when it would take you over the existing cap. This is again to prevent players from losing Marks by accident in the future.

To those of you who did lose Marks of Triumph, we are working on granting more to you, and expect to run the grants by about next Wednesday, May 14. Why is it taking this long? This will allow us enough time to get the safeguard mentioned above in place. Otherwise, it's entirely possible and even likely that many players would consume their Marks and lose them again as they go over the temporarily-lowered cap of 65,500.

We know losing your Marks in the first place is frustrating, and that losing them a second time would be much more so. We will get the safeguard in place and the Marks granted as quickly as we can. Thank you for your patience.
    • Like x 31
  2. ShadowCyborg92 Loyal Player

Thank u Mepps. Good to know a Safeguard will be put in place
  3. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Awesome news, thanks Mepps for keeping us updated.

I dont think theres that many ppl worried about how long it takes to get our Marks of Triumph back tbh, we were just under the impression that our lost Marks (mine so far amounts to 195,000) were being replaced by the 50 Replays we were getting from that "Loyalty" thread.
  4. Little Sister New Player

I've been super curious for a long time, and I think this would (hopefully) be the prefect place to get an answer.

Why is there any cap at all on any Marks ?
    • Like x 10
  5. XVeteranX New Player

6. UMBRA Well-Known Player

Good, I've been avoiding T5 and T4 content because I'm running out of space for my MoT.

By the way, I think 175 000 is too low, I'll probably run out of space again soon :(
  7. SamanthaConners New Player

Thanks Mepps! Just had a league mate complaining about this - you have made his day!
  8. Kiden New Player

good, i was complaining about this the other day...transferred my marks of war to triumphs, ran a raid, and discovered that i went over the cap by i don't even know how much.
  9. Invitation2Hades Well-Known Player

Wild Mepps used Safeguard

It was Super Effective!
    • Like x 3
  10. Paradox Well-Known Player

I've wondered the same thing.

I agree. When I get my marks back, I will be over the new cap.
    • Like x 2
  11. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

with the 175k cap, can there at least be a way to have stacks of say 50k-100k marks in your bank so instead of multi marks theres 1-3 stacks that are 50k or just 1 for 100k (of course providing you only have 100k)

more or less like how you can split a stack of cola 12/12 and have to stacks of 6's to just stack those again and have 1 of 12/12
    • Like x 3
  12. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

So are we getting back the real amount of marks we lost or are you guys just going to pick a number of marks for everyone ?
    • Like x 2
  13. UMBRA Well-Known Player

Wait...

Did you guys used a short integer for storing the marks? So you can only store up to 65 536 marks (this would explain the temporary cap of 65 500) and now you need to change the type of variable(or whatever data structure you're using)?

Or something along those lines :p
    • Like x 3
  14. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

this because there was 1 guy who lost 85k, and how do you plan to give everyone what they lost back, or to even know what they lost up to this point tbh?

I've stopped playing DCUO other then the seasonal simply b/c of the MoT issue that remains. Why do content if you dont reap the rewards?

been since GU since I stopped playing now, whats another week.

doesn't matter friday I plan to start T6 so MoTs wont concern me in the least bit. But I already know this new content is probably buggy AF
  15. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

and by stacks I mean how you can convert MoRs and they been in stacks of w/e, there should be a console to allow us to convert them into some form like that to compact them so we can put them in personal bank and free up space in inventory and on the currency tab.

that way we can have 500k+ MoTs but 175k on the currency tab and the rest in the personal bank.
  16. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

that way we can take 175k from currency tab and store it in the personal bank, so we can always be earning more MoTs IF we choose to

that or up the merit feats to a crazy # so where only T6 ppl can reach the merit cap, so we have a reason/something to use our MoTs on
  17. ClodBuster000 Level 30

Cant you just give use a MoT badge in our inventory or send them in our mail the ones we lost. I'm trying to save my MoT to finish off old styles to get the skill points
  18. Red MatrixNeo New Player

Do we need to open a ticket if we lose any marks? Is there anything in particular that we need to do to get back our lost marks?
  19. Cosmos Girl Well-Known Player

Any reason why we can't up convert marks from triumphs to fury?

I suspect that any cap set will be eventually reached anyways. I'm curious why you can't set denominations on marks anyways (like 1 bronze mark = 10 marks of triumphs, 1 silver mark = 100 marks, 1 gold mark = 1000 marks, 1 platinum mark = 10000).
  20. Kobal87 New Player

G
    Got a Question Mepps. This happened to me but i lost more than the 65 ,000, is this something i need to put a ticket in for, or you already know who this happened to?