Lightning Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Max Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Impact Prime New Player

By 2 powers I was referring to electroburst and an electrify applying power. 2 slots because electrify is needed. Wired doesn't work very well because it can't be used to keep everything electrified constantly. It has a cool down longer than its active time - off the top of my head I think about 33% longer. It's severely restricting, requiring setting up when it might not be needed, those set ups might be lost before they can be utlised, and they can't be maintained cheaply since wired isn't always at the ready, and tesla ball is 350 power which could simply be spent on galvanize or ionic drain. Then when you get to a single target situation, your heals from electroburst won't reach rangers, and they'll be very weak in comparison to galvanize and ionic drain, making the latter two more effective, efficient, and reliable.

I don't disagree with using wired purely for support though. An increase to crits is always appreciated by damagers; but I wouldn't compare it to boon or swarm shield. Depending on your stats, they can absorb around 2.5k damage for each group member they land on, and yourself. Plus they are useful if you need to pick someone up - to protect you from getting interrupted, and to protect group members while you're unable to heal. If I had the choice, I'd let the damagers worry about their own buffs and take the shields.
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Agree with above about the electrification PI in healer stance. Having to rely on it being up is problematic, IMO. Not saying it doesn't work. Of course, it does. Using the consumable seems more viable to me, as it provides good AoE electrification and doesn't use a power slot, but it's expensive. I just couldn't justify it. If that approach works for Zeikial, that's great. I actually like Arc Lightning on my loadout. Just use it on the boss or strongest mob, and it gives good heals to those nearest (I.e., those most likely to take heavy damage). I've actually used it instead of Electrogenesis. Getting in to place an aura on the tank (the one it needs to be on most) can be dangerous. You get blasted doing that, and it could wipe the team. Arc lightning will always hit the tank, and I can cast from range. Different strokes for different folks.
  3. Max Volt Committed Player

All the healing base numbers were extrapolated by the guys at the http://www.thedcuobook.com/ .
    I simply put together the formulas using those numbers.
    I know Galvanize is supposed to increase in strength as the number of allies in range grows, so if you are interested in knowing exactly how much you will heal if you have 1 or 8 players you can simply look at the low and high numbers in the chart and average it from that,
  4. Defibrillate New Player

I have to comment here already. For those of you who are unaware, please refer to page 6 of the thread (in light of this discussion).

I have to agree with Impact Prime here. Electroburst healing isn't really efficient. Yes, the HoT along with its Burst looks big but really, it isn't. The time you have to heal with Eburst will usually be negated by the time you set up PI with EPDs. Again, to repeat what he said, primary reason is that your DPSes kill mobs fast. What is useful for HoT is Ionic Drain. You don't have to target any adds at all for Ionic Drain to heal. Your team mates need some burst? Run, and Galvanize, Biocap, Surge. Out of range? Arc Lightning. Need more punch to Arc Lightning? Iconic Robot. There are indeed a lot more ways to heal both effectively and safely. Keep in mind that Electricity isn't nature nor sorcery. Being an Elec healer means you're aware of what's happening. Not just spamming keyboard buttons 1 2 3 4 5.
  5. Meta Flare New Player

so i was reading the healer load outs for comparison but no one had mine so i figured i d post it. i actually play this one mainly during alerts i change it up during raids. its a healer but i can put out some decent damage. tesla ball/electroburst/bio capacitor/arclightning/ ionicdrain/group transducer. i will sub out ionic for galvanize when i do raids. also i have been experimenting with a healing/emergency controller load out. i have arc lightning/ galvanize/ bio capacitor/ ionic drain/ word of power/ invigorate. i know i cant always use these dual load outs and i know what builds to use when i am doing harder instances. but what do you guys think? i would like some thoughts on my second load out cuz im still unsure about it.
  6. YodaDog New Player

Im not seeing a HoT (other than Galvanize in the second loadout).. Do you never have one up when your healing? Just curious.. If it works for you, then rock on. I personally, wouldnt know what to do without my binky, elec-gen..
  7. Meta Flare New Player

when i use my main raid load out i will use it (usually) and to answer your question i find ARC makes up for not having it (in alerts anyway, havent used this load out in a raid yet). if i try this load out in a raid i may adjust it.

i probably should have put that in there to clarify. thanks for your input.

p.s. so do you always have E-GEN up?
  8. YodaDog New Player

Indeed. I wake up in the mornin and throw up an e-gen, playa.
    (Seriously... Yes, I always have it up.)
  9. Meta Flare New Player

lol... in raids i use it pretty often but in these new load outs im trying i wanted to experiment.
  10. Zeikial Committed Player

I actually find electroburst to be extremly efficient, its healing to power use ratio is great, when I use electroburst I dont wait util someone needs a heal, then electrifiy the adds and then heal, I keep the adds electrified then when needed I use electroburst, with practice its actually more cost efficient. Since I have been using this power with my rotation I have seen an increase in healing with a decrease in power in. I pug raids, I do league runs so on and so on. I guess its all on play style, I melee so it works for me, would like to see other melee healers thoughts and loadouts. Thanks for the comments and feedback
  11. Meta Flare New Player

i have been playing with a new load out and i put tesla and eburst on and when we fight a group the heals are great, not as good on a single target but still. i stay midrange and this heals everyone. i dont see why more people wouldnt use eburst, you use wired or tesla to set it up and pop it. this is why i like electric healing, multiple ways to play your healer. im sure the other 2 powers can be modified but i changed my nature to electric and havent looked back. as far as sorcery, i almost always see the same load out so id think thatone has least amount of diveristy.
  12. Zeikial Committed Player

I was using telsa ball but I found it used more power, faster cool down but power hungry, as of right now I am using wired, and electrostatic pulse devices to keep a contnious electrified effect, then when needed electroburst, contrary to belief these are not expensive to make, I would not suggest using catlyst four as those cost 125 MOT per 48, but would refer you to catylst 3 which is only 25 MOT and yeilds 32 ESPD a stack holds 108 for ESPD3 144 for ESPD4, the only diffrence in the two is the amount you can carry, so crafting 4 would only cost you 100 total MOT. A lot more cost efficeint as opposed to the 400+ MOT that someone else pointed out earlier in this thread. Cybernectic actuators are free, farm the omacs at the stadium in gotham, and salvage stuff to get you complex materials.
  13. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

Ok. None of you are wrong and hope yal still remember that. Like each of you said its personal opinion. At the end of the day it all come down to your play style and what type of group you run with. Just like me even in a league your not always raiding with the same people but different people from the league so those people factor along with your playstlye. For instance the talk of trying to electrified enemies taking to much power don't mean nothing with the trolls my league. Just because your a healer dont mean your not expected to use a lot of power. When you Dps and electrcfy enemies for VB with wired are you being a strain on the team because you try to get pi's set up? NO because your trying to get out efficient damage. Same goes for healing your trying to get efficient healing. The cost for electrifying enemies is quickly recovered because because most likely a troll is bursting right after you done so.

Like both Impact an Max said electric healing is all about the situation. No power is the best for all situations. Galvanize is awesome one minute but then can easily become useless when something changes in the raid then another power become more useful. All the powers are like this even the supercharges. Sometime invigorate is God, but then when a situation comes that was hard to prevent like a troll and/or tank goes down because sometime sh** happens then the electric shield becomes more valuable because that will help get them people up not invigorate .

Me I never use the exact same load out through the entire raid. I change it at least three times between breaks. Its a learning experience. The powers are always gong be situational that will never change. The only thing that will change is the situation. Its all about anticipating what powers you believe youll need most at certain parts n the raid. Sometimes don't even have a supercharge at a point in the raid but then put it back on when a certain part comes up based off my past encounter with those parts and the team I a running with

My weapon is MA because that just how I roll. If I need range its called hold Triangle spams ;) . If I absolutely need to always stay back then use Dual pistols or Rifle(by the way also great for wired+ E.Combo)
    1)Galvanize,E,gen,Biocap, Biosurge,Ionic Drain, Invigorate/Group Shield. I switch supers as I see fit- for me I use Sheild for Fos 2 beginning,hallway,The bridge when its time to defend crystal and Gates Hallways.

2)Galvanize,E,gen,Biosurge,Ionic Drain,E.burst,Wired. I use this almost all high trash mobs, 1st boss Fos1 everyone always seems to piled on top of that boss especially if its Power T*ts:) ,Gates Hallways. Also Pvp and all alerts/solo's/duo's especially if there no tank

I use loud out #1 for everything else and boss that dont really have a lot of adds and/or have things about them or their adds that no one wanna be close to. Like mostly all Gates bosses , Meta, Vengeance,Black down bosses

3)Galvanize,E,gen,B,Capt,B.surg,Arcl,Ionic Drain-( No supers)
    4Galvanize,Egen,B.capt/Bsurg, Arcl,Ionic Drain, Invigorate/Shield
    Loadout #3 and #4 fits the same situations for me just depends on my mood and what type of healer Im running with that determine which one go with.

***Let me also note that I almost always use E.burst and wired when theres an electric dps on the team. My league has a lot of electric Dps's and healers. Electric,HL,Fire,Gadgets,Mental is a high population in my league in that order from Highest to least. So believe me when I say a lot time Im often running with two elec dps and/or 1 elec dps and two awesome trolls that always supporting power interactions via good communication so all you see in our raid is electrified,burning enemies everywhere with snap trap and rams flying all over the place:) . 95% of the the healer is electric too or nature, rarely see a sorc healer with us mostly because the few we have are on their on their alts tanking or trolling or if your Galus or Sham your Hl troilng and tanking at the same time like a freaking boss:cool: lol.
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Max, I didn't see a loadout like the one I'm about to describe, so I hope you don't mind if I post it in your guide. Having run as a Sorc healer for a long time, I found it difficult to adjust to Electricity healing, particularly the proximity involved to place the auras and the need to keep up with them. Therefore, I constructed a loadout that you might call Ranged Electricity Healing. It may not be the most efficient, but it avoids the use of auras altogether, allowing you to for the most part stay out of the thick of things.

Ranged weapon of your choice: I tend to use Bow or HB

Bioelectric Surge: the must-have single target heal

Arc Lightning: spammable and provides heals to those around a target (usually boss or match-level NPC), as well as damaging the target

Galvanize: group burst heal with small HoT

Ionic Drain: channeled group heal that also damages target

Flux: personal shield, which is good for rallying fallen team mates

Invigorate: SC group heal with 35% safety net charge

With this loadout, there are 2 PP left over to spec the Iconic healer innates.

I know some will criticize my leaving out Electrogenesis, and possibly Biocapacitor, but with this loadout, you don't have to fool with the auras at all. I find it much easier and safer to manage.
  15. YodaDog New Player

Not criticizing at all, but Im confused. I prefer a bow, and certainly subscribe to a ranged approach with the intent of minimizing aggro/ interuptions and not caring at all if I do a single tick of damage. But I love Egen and BioCap. I dont leave home without em. I dont see the issue with auras and playing safe..
  16. Max Volt Committed Player

Nothing wrong about not wanting to use Electrogenesis, although you can range just fine with it.
    I like Arc lightning,...it has limitations it's fun to use and visually very pleasing. Having a shield can be useful sometime, but if it was me I would probably switch Bio Surge for Bio Capacitator.

Having said that the community loadout section was meant to give a starting point to the new players,...not a list of all possible loadouts, and there is a loadout very similar to yours.

Unconventional Loadout: Arc Lightning-Ionic Drain-Electrogenesis-Galvanize-Biocapcitor-Invigorate

But I'll see what I can do, ....I'm heading out right now to run some errands so I'll have to work on it later
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

Point being that the auras are cast on the ally/allies closest to you. Sure, you can just hop around the battlefield casting auras to make sure they are hitting enough of the group. If you want to place an aura on the tank, however, you sometimes have to lunge into the boss, then roll out. I've been KOed doing that. Now, you can say I just didn't time it right and that I should have been more careful. Fair enough. Another issue I have with them is that you have to keep an eye on the auras you've cast to know when to recast. With all the visual noise pollution in a fight, that's sometimes tough to do, and I don't think just casting willy-nilly is very efficient. I'd just rather not deal with them at all. This loadout gets the job done without them. Just providing another option. ;)
  18. YodaDog New Player

Thats cool. I would point out that Egen gives the most healing out per power cost of any power in the trees. I havent tested arc, but it might be the worst in terms of heals to power cost ratio. I do use arc to heal NPC's. I clip it with Ionic for really nice group heal sometimes but only when the trolls are cranking some mean juice cuz thats an expensive combo move, right ther. I just cant find a use for flux in PvE though I have tried many times. Its most useful to get KO'd allies up, but healers ideally shouldnt be picking folks up so I kinda gave up on it for PvE. Plus I always have Egen up. So while Im not protected from interuption, I do usually have a de facto shield up. Just food for thought.
  19. Impact Prime New Player

My insides twisted when I read "Ranged electric healing" lol. I just KNEW you were about to mention arc lightning. But I can admit it does heal for a considerable amount, and if you're able to get it working nicely then cool; whatever works for you. I find it more unreliable and troublesome than capacitor though. I usually make sure I'm in range to get off galvanize, or if need be I'll just lunge into a boss or mobs, cancel the lunge by hitting galvanize, then roll out, so arc lightning wouldn't suit my play style anyway. But then, I was a melee DPS from the start, so I have no problem with staying in melee range; in fact, the only reason I don't now is because I want the benefit from the new neck tactical mod for healers.

You don't actually need to worry about waiting for capacitor to timeout before reapplying it. It only costs about 10 more power than surge, so you could simply substitute a cast of surge for capacitor when it's off cool-down, or clip them together if someone is particularly low from getting caught in a boss's or bunch of mobs' attacks. It's often over thought; admittedly I was looking at it the same way at first, but in practice found it really doesn't require any additional thought. I do still make a point of sticking it on the tank regularly, but it'd still be very effective without trying to do that. As for positioning, people are moving around all the time, and you move with them for galvanize and just to keep them in range, so even without paying close attention, it's unlikely to hit the same bunch twice =P.

Again, being a melee DPS, I can't forget the value of capacitor. When you get caught in a big blast, and if you're unlucky, can wind up unable to avoid the next attack as a result of being controlled, you really appreciate an electric healer's capacitor lol. You could be the best DPS in the game and still not avoid every big burst in every instance, you'll eventually slip up or hit a stroke of bad luck - even if you're playing it at mid-range instead of close up, it can still happen.
  20. Impact Prime New Player

I have to disagree. Electrogenesis does have the potential to be very power efficient, but if you keep it up all the time, it'll likely be ticking away when people are are full health. Don't forget the other healer's HoTs as well, plus you and the other healer are both going to be trying to keep people close to fully healed anyway, and they often just wind up fully healed as a result. More often than not, galvanize will be the most power efficient, and certainly beats electrogenesis with regard to potential for power efficiency.

Arc lighting isn't bad for heal : power, it'll heal up to 4 allies with about the same strength as surge for only an extra 100 power. Twice the healing for less than 1.5x the power.... did I just defend arc lightning >.>?