Lightning Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Max Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. YodaDog New Player

In regards to the question about Megavolt.. I would agree, its lame, I dont use it. If you're flight, you might wanna try vacuum bubble. 50% sc, very similar results as MV.. I personally run with Invigorate for t4+ content. An ace in the hole so to speak in case there's trouble. If Im running easy stuff and dont expect the remotest possibility of trouble, Ill bust out Vacuum Bubble.
  2. ASH New Player

well i still think wired is enough to setup elec PI at a bossfight...esp. if you have gadget dps and trolls using GG in the group.
    if you want to use e-bombs, then yes, i agree, you should pick static push or maybe repulse for single target.
    and for the record: 1-handed isnt fotm anymore^^. seeing more with dual wield atm.;)
    i have also seen good dps with each weapon-type. personally i still prefer rifle because of the clipping. but my weapon choice depends always on the instance...

interesting: i tested the overwriting with another elec dps on a sparring target a few weeks ago. electroburst, electrogenesis and the dot from voltaic bolt (we had a tank pulling 3 targets together) are overwriting. the good news electrocute wasnt overwriting anymore. maybe you want to add that to your guide. could be interesting esp. for guys who start raiding and have 2 elecs in the group.
  3. Max Volt Committed Player

Are you sure that Electrocute is not overwriting? I'm 99.9% sure that still overwrites another electric DPS Electrocute

And yes in my experienced Voltaic bolts dots get overwritten as well, so it can be really tricky for us to run with other Lightning DPS.
  4. YodaDog New Player

agreed. also 99.9% sure it overwrites... unless something has changed in the last 48 hours..
  5. ASH New Player

as i said i tested it in wt warroom. the other 2 elecs casted their cloud after mine and i still had my dot running it was about 2 weeks ago and there was no overwriting. only the dot from e-burst and e-genesis and voltaic bolt got overwritten....99.9% sure ;)
  6. ASH New Player

edit: just tested it again and there was no overwriting. when i casted mine first and the other elec casted his i still had my numbers and when he casted first and me as last, he had his numbers running. i play eu pc server pve phase.
  7. Max Volt Committed Player

i'll guess i'll keep my eyes open next time i run with another electric DPS...if that's the case we might have to start a thread in arkham and see if they can remove the overwriting from E.burst, etc.
  8. Max Volt Committed Player

I'm PS3....so maybe there's something broken between PC and PS3
  9. Jockin Jay Well-Known Player

What loadout to use when doing prime? It's like I suddenly deal less damage during boss fights.
  10. Solarstar New Player

Which side, PC or PS3.

On the PC Side, I still do see more 1H than DW.
  11. Max Volt Committed Player

I personally don't do Prime that often....actually almost never :cool: , but when I do I take a ranged approach since I wanna be able to be a little more aware of my surrounding, thing that is hard to do when you are meleeing.

Wired, Static Push, E.bomb, Voltaic Bolt, Electrcoute, Speed Drain.
    or
    Bio cap, bio surge, Electrogenesis, Invigorate, Ionic drain, Galvanize (when I heal)

There is one thing to mention, when I do run prime I run it only with my league so there's no really major scoreboard competition, we are more interested in working together and get the darn thing done.
  12. Jockin Jay Well-Known Player

I don't care about the scoreboard either. I just wanna melt everything :D
    • Like x 1
  13. Skyris Allen Well-Known Player

Do that now please. I will confirm that Electrocute is bugged. Now sure about the other moves that were mention but me and league members have notice overwrites with Electrocute. There at least 7 electric dps in y league and they all say the same thing. Whether its league runs or some random desperate pug run they have notice their numbers stop showing up when someone else cast their cloud.

I heard some healers in my league say something about e.gen being canceled out by another electric healer e.gen but im not too sure about that one. I have a electric healer too and i never really notice e.gen being canceled by another. Not sure if Raid just goes too smooth to suspect something or if i thought my e.burst numbers were my e.gens. Maybe someone can investigate e.gen as well because I am curious now.

Any wayze electrocute+electrocute= overwrite. Even friends from leagues were cool with stated the problem as well so it cant be just my league experiencing some type of lag. Not sure if it always overwrite or randomly happen but there is something fishy going on here and its not Aqua man bad breathe.
  14. ASH New Player

on which server do you play? eu, us, pc, ps3? on eu pc server there is no overwriting from electrocute.
  15. Max Volt Committed Player

Ok I didn't have a chance to test it in a controlled setting, but I did run an instance with another Electric DPS and Electrocute seems to still cancel each other out on the USPS3 side.

Electrgenesis wise, if both healer cast on the same person in the group only the last person that casted it will get "credit" for the healing, but it won't exactly cancel it since you will still receive the healing effect on you......well... unless the other healer cast it on you, in which case just slap him in the back of the head :)
  16. YodaDog New Player

Sorry bout that... (slaps self on back of head..)
  17. YodaDog New Player

Just be aware that single terget damage is Elec's Achilles heal..
    For Prime, I like to stack dem DoTs!
    Elec Gen, Electroburst, Electrocute, VB (barely use it.. stun some adds for CC 'every once in a while..), Wired (Whirling Dervish instead if im SS), and Invigorate (life preserver)
  18. Max Volt Committed Player

Not your fault, I asked Spiccoli last night but he said he was gonna get drunk and pass out instead :)
  19. Spicoli New Player

Did not go to bed until 3am now I'm paying for it.

[IMG]
  20. Jockin Jay Well-Known Player

Yea I get sad when doing T4a. Not a lot of adds