Lightning Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Max Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Mazahs Loyal Player

Right, I get that. The primary reason I'm looking for a switch is the cooldown times...
    Same power cost, almost identical damage out versus something like EGEN but much faster cooldown.

Not saying the rotation is the greatest as I'm really tinkering with it right now, but every once in a while I'll get caught with everything on cooldown. Maybe just all I can get out of this specific loadout though

I do have a much stronger rotation I can use, but it's a serious power hog and will take 2 trolls to keep me going.
    Kinda looking for a middle ground right now
  2. L T Devoted Player

Both are good supercharges. I think Circuit Breaker wins out with a DOT/Hybrid load out.
    Electrocute is higher damage, but only with the PI applied. Electrogenesis is higher damage, but only as long as both targets are alive.

You can check out the updated numbers for base damage in Black Jaq's updated guide thread.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/currently-the-new-electricity-guide.289295/
    • Like x 3
  3. Vindex Active Player

Yes, on point with your reply there, and the very reason to follow strictly PI mechanics to yield higher damage. But here's another catch, Electrocute even without Electrified PI still produces much higher DOT damage than Voltaic Bolt ;)
  4. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Some write a new thread 4 this. I didn't even know arc lighting had a back mod. It improves pftt if u decide not to hybrid.
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I mentioned the back mods in my guide. *shameless plug*
    • Like x 1
  6. Streven Dedicated Player

Single target PFTT loadout I'm messing with: Arc Lightning>Egen then spam Overcharge>Tesla Blast>OC>TB>mix with Ionic Drain once below 35%. Voltaic Bolt on the loadout to mix in place of TB on groups of adds.
  7. Streven Dedicated Player

Best PFTT rotation I've found so far: Arc Lightning>Voltaic Bolt>Electrogenesis>Electrocute[INTO]Overcharge>Tesla Blast repeating. Begin cycle over again when dots go on cooldown. This one parses the best for me so far and is energy efficient to boot. The OC/TB spam is low power high damage to single targets. Very efficient just alternating between them.