Lightning Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Max Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Do it for nature too while your at it :), it's only fair considering nature has the same type of AM electric has.

We're trying to see if we can get setup time to be accounted for, because if sustained dps is all that matters then pretty much every powerset that's not gadgets, mental , or ice are gonna fall behind.
    • Like x 1
  2. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

At this point in Time I would almost rather they scrap it and create a new one. I would not mind one like a mobile...AL and VB casting hitting hard as long as you have egen and wired on cooldown. AL could be single target and VB could be multi target...Shockwave and Teslaball could be Long range while VB and Echute Melee...heck I do not know...just something that will work lol
    • Like x 2
  3. not_again Dedicated Player

I always thought the easiest solution to the set up time was to use these three powers in order get a huge burst EG, AL, VB. When I say huge I am taking 100k currently. That would give electricity the burst it needs on adds. I know electricity has the AL burst but it is hardly noticeable.

Also, lets scrap EB from the AM and add SW so there is some power return for using the only burst power in most peoples loadout. Unlike nature, electricity only has 6 loadout spots and if you are running a pure AM loadout there is no room for a burst power. EB, EG, AL, EC, VB, wired. Without the burst power there is no power to clip with.

This is only a start to the changes that need to be made. Unfortunately, I think the amount of change that needs to take place is what caused electricity to go last in the mid-range adjustment/power update.
    • Like x 1
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

On the bright side. Since nature and electric are last. There is no way they can get screwed over again for balance since everything else will be done.
    • Like x 3
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Not to knock Nature, but it has many AM powers and due to alternate forms, many ways to DPS. I'm working on the post, but I want it to be very collected and concise. Too many people make forum posts that are block paragraphs and difficult to read. By taking time to bullet point things, I hope it will be more effective.
    • Like x 1
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I work in a job that one someone says, "isn't it obvious?" They are actually trying to get me to believe their intent without supporting facts. In actuality, they are trying to get me to make assumption. And as we found when communicating with Tunso, it's not so obvious.
    • Like x 2
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

I still don't see how they can balance dot vs burst. Burst will always win considering enemies and how big cr Differential is now
  8. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

The idea of a DoT AM is not broken. It's poorly integrated within the scheme of the scoreboard and trash adds. Personally I'm at the point of not caring about the scoreboard but I know most people don't share that same view.

The most community pleasing solution would be to give elec and nature an AM that thrives on burning trash to a crisp.

A better solution would be to change and or scrap the scoreboard.

The best solution would be to adjust future content as such that burst powers can't fluff the scoreboard with trash damage and then act as if they were truly vastly superior to other DPS.
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

That's the thing though. There are plenty of other things wrong with the AM as opposed to DoT vs burst.
  10. iRoshi New Player

Can't wait to see what they will change will Elec but I won't get my hopes up. I just want my main power back.
    • Like x 1
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Question: if Electroburst is "Wm crit excluded"
    Does this apply to healer role, and if so does that mean my crit heal bonus when using WM is switched off?
  12. Absolix Loyal Player

WM crit excluded only refers to the 3.6 multiplied critical damage chance and the critical damage multiplier from landing in the WM crit window.

You still have the normal damage crit chance and healing crits are unaffected.

The power reduction that happens for support roles still works for powers that are WM crit excluded as it is meant to prevent Dps from being able to combine WM with AMs.
    • Like x 2
  13. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I like to idea of boosting all "electrified" damage powers. So you could experiment with Shockwave and TB to see what worked best for which scenarios (like adds vs. single target). I'm torn over DoTs, because I really like them in raids and on bosses, but obviously burst rules for adds. I would like to see a quicker max DoT, like eburst x2 for mid-range. I would also like to see an amplified DoT based on distance to target. If that is too hard to code, then boost all the burst damage based on distance. I don't have any other powers at end game to compare. So I'm hoping Black Jaq can compare to Sorcery or Ice on the single target and 3 targets.
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I haven't made my post yet because I've been having computer problems that I've been trying to deal with first.

I wonder what the feasibility would be of putting a range scalar on Shockwave?
    • Like x 1
  15. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

That would be a nice fit. It hits in a cone and could be a good power to put a range scalar on it. TBH if they just boost Dots a bit and add Shockwave to the AM as the Burst power it would be pretty easy to incorporate into the mix with its current cooldown....just needs to hit hard enough to make up the damage difference. It would probably be the easiest fix for the AM. IMO
    • Like x 2
  16. VioletSorceress Committed Player

After the Midrange update, desired numbers should come alone from 3 DoTs AM and weapon clipping with a Burst skill.
    The real way to change set up time it would be to drop Electrocute, clipping only with a burst skill nets better Scoreboard results overall. Currently using Swarm, Circle of Destruction and Debris Field is a damage loss for the respective compound power sets too.
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I have been saying for a while now that Stationary DoT Fields need to be looked at. I ran parses a while back that showed on 8 practice dummies, Tesla Ball nets a slightly higher DPS than Electrocute. Electrocute is the most awkward ability for players to obtain so it's not worth it in so many ways.
  18. not_again Dedicated Player

I agree the stationary fields should work similar to the sorcery's CoP. That way once you hit by it even if you move away from it the damage continues or in sorcery's case the heal continues.

As for the comparison of TB and EC, its like comparing apples to oranges. EC starts to split after 2 enemies so however much damage it does to 2 enemies it does to 8. TB increases damage output as more targets are introduced. The last time I tested TB, there was no reason to use with any less than 3 targets instead of using SW or static push
    • Like x 1
  19. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

When I tested TB vs. SW back at GU50 I saw the same thing:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/tesla-ball-vs-shockwave.258111/#post-3374067

TB was better on the 8 targets, 3 and single target were pretty much the same as SW. The idea of having the damage keep hitting is great. Right now I basically use electrocute for the power regen, and hope enemies don't move out immediately.
    • Like x 2
  20. Absolix Loyal Player

With the mid-range updates they have been changing any powers that don't split after two to split after two, so it is likely that in Electricity's update Tesla Ball will have it's splitting changed thus lowing its damage on anything higher than 2 enemies.
    • Like x 1