Lightning Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Max Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Come back in 6 months, that should be the time that electricity will be fixed or on test.
    • Like x 1
  2. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

lol, true. You don't see electrics anymore.

I would love to test electric in UM but there's no point. Nothing changed at all.
  3. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

So when I left DCUO a year ago, I was able to hold my own with Electricity DPS but I never used the AM, I was doing well with mainly Static Push, EB and WM. Is this no longer viable or have most other powers simply been buffed creating a disparity in damage output?
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

WM is nearly a thing of the past. Powers are doing 30k damage per second. You're lucky if you can get 10k per second with WM.

I got to DPS UM because someone wanted to solo heal the entire raid. I was there for back up. The first fight isn't bad as long if you don't get knocked out and lose dots. The second fight is terrible because you can't build up enough damage on the Sons and then if you lose your powers against BB, you might have to wait and lose your DoT. Also ,you have to be careful with your weapon attacks so further handicapped. And then when adds come out on Trigon, you have to cast E-gen, Electrify and use VB to spread your DoT. So yeah, I would have been more effective healing.
    • Like x 1
  5. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Wow... interesting to see how things have changed. In a way it is nice to see that they've gone back to making powers POWERS again, but on the downside, the entire reason for WM was to give viable options to those who didn't want to utilize the AM. Now in a way, it seems you have to pick a power based upon your playstyle and which AM works best with it, instead of being able to pick any power knowing you could always use WM instead.
    • Like x 2
  6. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yep, you get it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Max Volt Committed Player

I still enjoying DPSing with Lightning,....It's just a little irritating when my Mental league mates do crits for 150K damage while my crits are 15k, but oh well :)

On a postive note when we get the AM going we can still run around freely, block etc etc while still getting damage out, other power sets have interruptions and range issues which makes it much more difficult for them to maintain constant damage
    • Like x 2
  8. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I just wish WM was still viable because I love playing Electric with my Static Push WM loadout.
    • Like x 1
  9. Nightling Active Player

me too....
  10. inferno Loyal Player

Aww, crud. I just came on to look at the power descriptions again to see if it's feasible to do more damage by abandoning the am route. Ah well. I'll still look around and see if i can squeeze in more burst damage.
  11. Van_Gho Committed Player

Hey folks,

I have a question, is the power back function broken on electric? I see others in dps damn near never run out of power yet even playing conservatively the well is pretty dry and often, is there anything i can do to keep my own juice going? or will this also be something we have to wait a year for
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

please provide your rotation so we can better understand your issue.
  13. Van_Gho Committed Player

Okie dokie,

Wired,Arc lightning,Voltaic bolt, Ionic, flux and robot sidekick

Before I would use EG, Arc, Electroburst,voltaic and two others that escape me for the moment

I know the first one isn't ideal but I tend to value survivability when i'm playing alone IE the shield and the bot
    • Like x 1
  14. Max Volt Committed Player

Power return is pretty much the only thing I don't have a problem with

As long you have wired on and follow a simple AM rotation you should get plenty of power back
  15. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Without EG you are not stacking your dots to their max so your Dps would be low which could mean you are using more powers to kill something because you are not doing the most you can with the power you are using. Also you have to keep in mind that currently our AM is designed to work with weapon attacks. We are not like Quantum, Ice, Fire, Munition, Atomic, Gadgets, Mental, and whatever other powers I forgot. We MUST use our weapons or we will run out of power pretty quick. So if you are running out of juice then I would guess that you need to incorporate more weapon attacks.
    • Like x 1
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

ID and Flux don't contribute to any power regen. I agree you need to use E-gen. Try AL clip Wired, E-gen, weapon combo into VB. You should get two stuns out of that rotation. Also, go in with a full SC because some weapons will knockdown with full SC. If you don't have E-gen specced used E-burst as it knocks back and helps with survivability.
    • Like x 2
  17. Avian Dedicated Player

As it is right now, what's the highest DPS Electric can do in a raid setting?
  18. Absolix Loyal Player

It depends on whether you can get away with using melee weapon combos or not.

Melee combos like Haymaker, Smoke Bomb, Dual Flurry, etc, when used alongside the AM will get you the best Dps potential for Electric.

For range, spamming Bow's Arrow Storm alongside the AM is the best you can do.
  19. Avian Dedicated Player

Yeah, was thinking about range mainly for raids and SM and wow, really wouldn't have guessed that Arrow Storm was the better option for that.
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Hello - so I am sick of players complaining about the high power costs of Electric healing. I assume many players are supporting this opinion with information from the Wiki, which is outdated. I have went on test server with a fresh toon, no gear or SP spent, in order to figure out what the power cost updates were from GU38.

Wired - previously 350, now 150
    Electrogenesis- previously 270, now 250
    Arc Lightning - previously 350, now 285
    Voltaic Bolt - previously 350, now 300
    Tesla Ball - previously 350, now 300

Flux - no value previously, now 270
    Static Push - previously 375, now 300
    Biocapacitor - no value previously, my best guess is 275
    Galvanize - 350 before and 350 now.

Interestingly, the GU38 notes state that Galvanize received a power reduction but it did not. It did not make any mention of power reduction with Electrogenesis, however the current power cost is keeping with Briar and Metabolism. In fact, I trust Sore to keep the Nature wiki updated, so it appears that Electricity is more in line with the power costs of Nature.

Biocapacitor was tough to get a value on. The target dummy was slow to supply instant power, so natural power regen would kick in first, giving me a wide range of results. Flux also was tough to get a reading on as well but I think I got it right. This is keeping with the 4-player shields from Celestial and Sorcery. The Wiki says Swarm Shield is 250. I didn't want to stir up a hornet's nest with Sore on that one.
    • Like x 1