Lightning Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Max Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. not_again Dedicated Player

For TB it is not that simple. It is a unique power that procs based off of targets in range. I have no idea how they could make it split other then completely change the power. I am good with it either way as there is very little use for it currently then inflating numbers on the scorecard fighting adds.
    • Like x 2
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

True, but I think it's important to note for when the Electricity update happens. I would bike to see E'cute be worth the 5PP you have to spend. I would actually like to see Tesla Ball slowed down a bit. It's an awkward power.
    • Like x 4
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Any outside the box, but logical loadout options for DPS?
  4. Deity Supremacy Well-Known Player

The highest dps I got was from:
    Wired, shockwave, electrogenesis, electrocute, voltaic bolt, and robot sidekick.

The problem with this was the instability of wired to spread electrify PI.

My highest average dos was with the same loadout except I used arc lightning instead of shockwave.

At the time I used brawling but I would've had higher damage with hb. Also another thing to keep in mind is that I had synthetic might mods.my average dps at 153cr was 41k dps.
    • Like x 2
  5. Derio 15000 Post Club

I would actually like TB to be slowed down severely and last about 3-5s longer.
    • Like x 2
  6. Deity Supremacy Well-Known Player

Agreed. I tried using TB in place of ecute for hallways especially but also to save the 5pp. Unfortunately because of its cooldown. I lost on burst damage by using Tb every other combo. A longer cool down would make it more viable.
    • Like x 2
  7. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Plus being outside of the AM hurts you on power use. I would love to have a loadout with both TB and Shockwave, but power would be a problem.

For 3 targets my average dps for TB and Shockwave loadouts ended up being about the same. TB was better for 8, but that can be a rare in game scenario. I did have both loadouts in amories during NGN, HH times, and would switch to TB when lots of adds were around during phases of those raids.
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The only other work around d for Electrified PI is Gadgets and Mental players.
  9. Veritech Loyal Player

And Electrostatic Pulse Device consumables when you can afford to melee. But yep most gadgets dps and trollers run gauss grenade which is nice for some free PI.
    • Like x 1
  10. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

I know Electricity is suffering from serious damage, but I was wondering what a good Dps Ranged AM Loadout would be. Do I have to have Arc Lightening in the loadout? I currently use:
    Electrogenesis, Wired, ? , ? , Electrocute, Voltaic Bolt
    • Like x 1
  11. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Do you have to use Arc Lightning in your loadout no. You may want to and it will be up to you and your playstyle to figure that out. I do mainly because I cast it right after the egen wired clip before I do any weapon attacks. So I go egen clipped with wired into arc into echute (maybe) into VB. Then I do some weapon attacks clipped with SW or VB. That is how I play it. You could however cast egen clipped with wired then do a weapon attack clipped with VB. IT just depends on how you want to do it and which gives you a better result damage wise.

I would suggest trying both and seeing which you like more
    • Like x 3
  12. Deity Supremacy Well-Known Player

Actually after testing I've done I've seen that the highest potential dps comes from wired, electrogenesis, shockwave, electrocute, voltaic bolt, robot sidekick. The problem with this is on adds. Even with the guaranteed on the first hit, I found that it doesn't always electrify all adds. With the higher potential dps, it has a lower average dps.

If you replace shock wave with arc lightening you get a higher average dps but lower potential dps.

Overall I prefer the higher average.

For bosses you can go with shockwave since you will electrify the boss.
    • Like x 2
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yeah, I tried to keep RS in loadouts as well.
  14. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I find that RS dies too fast and to often to be worth it. It may put out good numbers on the dummies but it seems to spend all of its time dying in actual content. I am really hopping that when we finally get our update for midrange we can get Shockwave added to the AM. Not sure how everyone feels about it but I have not heard any downsides to it plus it would add some needed burst to the AM...would be nice to have all the damage on all the pwoers buffed a bit while they are at it though tbh.
    • Like x 1
  15. Deity Supremacy Well-Known Player

If you don't mind me asking. On which slot do you put rs? When I put it on my X slot I found if I jump a lot whether In the air or on the ground, sometimes I'll hold the L2 button while I jump by mistake since I'm casting powers. Than when that happens I unsummon RS by mistake. In combat I rarely see my RS dying.
    • Like x 1
  16. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I tend to keep it on the triangle slot with the right trigger. I use the RS on my fire toon also and it dies there a lot also. I cannot seem to keep it alive until I am over geared.
  17. Deity Supremacy Well-Known Player

Hmm. I know a lot of players have this issue. Personally I've never had this problem. From time to time it does die but not often.
    • Like x 1
  18. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I would like to see all powers with electrified PI's be part of the power regen. That way both shockwave and TB become options and provide variety. Electrocute damage suffers when enemies don't stand still. I still think just a simple hot fix boosting all PI damage, DoT damage, and damage based on distance to the target would help electric alot. It feels like Rage so far has been simple boosts to increase damage for midrange attacks (< 13m, < 7m), boost some of the PI damage and extend the savage state. I need to go ahead and get some blue gear for my rage dps to start dps'ing raids again for the first time since GU 50. :(
    • Like x 1
  19. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

It would be nice if all the Electrified PI powers were part of the AM. Overall damage boost would be nice also, as well as getting rid of the need to supplement our AM damage with weapon attacks.
    • Like x 1
  20. SkullGang Devoted Player

Hey guys I was thinking of a possible Burst/Dot hybrid solution to Electric. The burst rotation would be something like this...

Electrogeneis > Arc Lighting > Voltaic Bolt - Shockwave.

Most of these powers would need a slight animation speed increase (unless I'm just imagining it being too slow for this to work). Electrogeneis would need its cool down (reduced) ? Basically allow use to use it in succession with the other powers (still don't know why this isnt a thing ?) You won't be able to combine the two same way you can't combine the Geiger AM and combo AM with Atomic. Shockwave removes the Electro-Charge and Voltaic bolt refreshes it for dot damage. This way you have a chance on mobs aswell as the boss. The only issue I see with this is making the dot mechanic appealing on bosses with and without weapon use ( if possible).