Lift dlc buyers cash cap or at least raise it

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by fm0987, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That benefit is not attractive enough to most players to continue to sub up...it just isn't. Secondly you say "Daybreak would have more possible paying customers"...don't you understand how that's a problem???? Daybreak doesn't just want "possible paying customers"...they want and need Guaranteed paying customers paying regularly...which is what subscribers provide. So if you make Premium more attractive than a sub, less people sub, and instead go to premium thereby providing LESS dependable income.

Here's a micro example:
    The cash cap gets raised and Knarlydue decides to go premium because he's disgruntled with the game's direction but can't bring himself to quit outright. KHALONofOGUN is not dropping his sub because he's got that sweet 3 months for $29.99 deal going on (which essentially breaks down to $10 a month).
    So the latest episode dropped in March....
    Knarlydude spent:
    March= $5 DLC, $10 Replays
    April= Nothing
    May= Nothing
    June= Nothing
    July= $10 DLC, $10 Replays, $20 on Stabilizers
    August= Nothing
    September= Nothing
    November= Nothing
    December= $10 DLC

KHALONofOGUN spent:
    March= $10 membership, $10 Replays
    April= $10 membership
    May= $10 membership, $40 Stabilizers
    June= $10 membership
    July= $10 membership, $10 Replays, $20 on Stabilizers
    August= $10 membership
    September= $10 membership
    November= $10 membership
    December= $10 membership, $40 Stabilizers

Look at the two examples above. Even if the premium guy spent more WHEN he decided to spend....if he's not consistently paying every month in a way that the company can depend on...something they can put in their books as guaranteed income, it can't be considered the same even if money spent is money spent. This is just an example of two people. If you get a multitude of people dropping subs, that becomes a huge number of people that the company can't count on for a consistent flow of income....because MAYBE the premium might spend something next month...maybe not. The Legendary can be counted on. All the other "benefits" you mention doesn't mean JACK to the investors that Daybreak's parent company has to answer to. They want to hear about guaranteed income...not possible income.
    • Like x 4
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What you've gotten is anecdotal evidence from a few individuals that say they value all of the perks of membership. Guess what...??? I'm that guy who is subbed up PRIMARILY because of the cash cap. I was premium for all of a month back in 2012. Yes, there were easy workarounds to the cap...it still annoyed me. It annoyed me enough that I subscribed.

All the perks are nice, sure....but they're icing on the cake (the cake being the lifting of the cash cap). It may sound silly to you, but it isn't to me. That cash cap and its workarounds are annoying, so I am paying to not be annoyed, point blank. And I know i'm not the only one. Maybe some people aren't admitting to it to avoid looking silly.

And if it were as silly as you think it is, why hasn't the company changed this model in the 6+ years since they instituted it??? That's because it has worked. The cash cap may not be every individuals reasons for subbing, but it is a huge one for a majority.
    • Like x 1
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I get that a premium isn't as consistent as a subscriber but you can also view it in the way even if they only buy things half of the months of a year so 6 months they spent 10-15 bucks on those 6 months on various items. that's still way more than any other developer gets for their brand new game that people only pay for once. and has contributed to the game's development..

I guess this really comes down to how greedy the company wants to be.. is it better to accommodate the player by making them feel better about their purchases and them to stay around and keep spending.

or pinch too hard and risk pushing them away because they feel like their money isn't taking them far enough and the friction of the cash makes the game unappealing or they haven't made enough friends to keep pulling them back in with the next DLC.. who knows?

I feel like now with the Field being so different and the game being out for as long as it has it would benefit from an update to their model. how they go about it I don't know but a lot has changed since they created premium and legendary sub levels.

can we agree that an overhaul of the subscription levels might benefit the game hell we could all get more than we expect if they really took it under advisement?

EDIT im sure someone will come back with pineapples could sprout tomato plants if you plant them near enough to a nuclear radiation. or some similar statement to address my comment in red.
    • Like x 2
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

caught you al little there ;)

so you're saying take away the cash cap and sub is worthless.......LOL I know you don't mean that but we all get caught up in this debate :D but you see where that defends my earlier post between you and KHALON and my self

that if thats the main factor in subbing there is something wrong with legendary and should be adjusted to make it better and the same goes along for the premium players
    • Like x 2
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

thats only true if legendary stays were it is which as you have both said now.. not enough!
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I've listed a few ;)
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

we all see it! .....just have different takes on it and to whats good for all..

the devs never chime in they just let us all argue amongst our selves until someone takes it too far and they will lock the thread
    • Like x 1
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well if you get that, why can't you understand that they can't work on a budget or add things on maybes and intermittent cash spikes???

Nobody is denying that a restructuring of their business model might be long due...hell, why do you think threads like these are allowed to go for so long...or at all???

The problem is that no one has come up with a model that all sides can agree with (in detail) that benefits everyone including, and especially the company. Increasing (not totally removing) the cash cap only benefits Premiums and serves to undermine what some already view as a shaky foundation for Legendary...which ultimately hurts the company's bottom line. That's not a viable solution...so it's time to go back to the drawing board and present something better....not the same arguments that have been going on for 6 years now.
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Everything they "need" to say is already being represented by the business model that they have yet to change. Is it really necessary for them to repeat what they've said in the past??? Maybe Mepps will have to keep a notepad open with a canned response to paste into each of these threads until someone comes up with a new answer or response. All I know is that what people have asked for in these threads is not suitable to the company, hence the lack of input from them, or any sweeping changes to the model.
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

wellthere is only mepps now monitoring this stuff so who knows how much he forward on in the topics. I know they have seen all this crap before just like we have all said it before. I guess all we can do is those of us that are the most outspoken stop participating in them but for my self, i know i love the debate along with i feel like a change is warranted, always have so I always get dragged into this thread. but ive been enjoying the discussion with you and Proxy but i think im clocking out, for now, its taking too much of my time i should be working :D later fellas.. happy fighting for whoever stays
    • Like x 3
  12. fm0987 Committed Player

What have I done lol. :eek:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.