Lift dlc buyers cash cap or at least raise it

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by fm0987, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fm0987 Committed Player

Repost lol posted in pvp on accident. I figure no one will ever see it there or maybe it can get deleted idk.

Anyway, thinking about buying deluge since I have a ton of marks left over from before, only other dlc I've bought was af3 when it came out (and the mainframe/ trinket pouch one) and subbed or open episodes everything else in between. Why is it that people who outright purchase the dlc still get treated as premium, it's pretty much insulting to the player base. I understand the legendary benefits but imo are hardly worth it just to get a lifted cash cap and acces to dlc I rarely run anyway. I've pretty much given up on feat hunting, I don't really care about that aspect anymore. Especially since introduction to time caps. And yeah, escrow withdrawal or whatever it's called, what a rip.
    • Like x 7
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

$5 for unlimited access to your cash for a week is a rip?
    • Like x 3
  3. fm0987 Committed Player

If you ask me, the whole cash cap idea is a scam pretty much imo lol.
    • Like x 9
  4. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

In all honestly, I know some people here have the mindset of

"Go legendary and stop complaining" , but I think it would be a great idea if they raised the cash cap by like 5k for every dlc purchase, and maybe 500 to 1k cash every time they bought something small in the MP, like replay badges, stabilizers, renown boosters, etc etc.

It wouldnt hurt the game, I dont believe. It would give me more incentive to buy more things as premium.

One thing I liked when the time capsules come out was every time you opened a capsule, it gave you 5k cash. And then they took it away. Idk why, but my guess is they knew that cahs was already a surplus in the game, so they cut that part out. Kinda sucks imo
    • Like x 2
  5. fm0987 Committed Player

Yeah raised cap for mp purchases is a good idea, or some kind of in between status for people who purchased the dlc. On that note, how long before the next episode bundle or updated ultimate edition.
    • Like x 3
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's not a scam. Go legendary and have unlimited cash or don't. Pretty basic.
    • Like x 11
  7. fm0987 Committed Player

Cost of legendary hardly justifies unlimited cash cap. The legendary perks are lame. $15 a month just so I can play broker or buy more than one piece of vendor gear at a time or modding supplies or repair my stuff if for whatever reason we wipe a bunch. And no I'm not subbing for a yeal lol.
    • Like x 4
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Matter of perspective and highly subjective. I'd stop playing if I was premium
    • Like x 8
  9. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I still like my idea better
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I don't, in my opinion that would be one step closer in killing the subscription model altogether and making this a TRUE F2P game
    • Like x 10
  11. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Imagine fresh fish in this game :) 1st impresion is : what ? paying real money for using in game money heh thats good - uninstal .
  12. fm0987 Committed Player

Kinda off subject but I've got like 500 some marks. I'll prob buy the episode, maybe sub again eventually, idk. Should I just save for the elite set then? Elite doesn't require a checkpoint anymore right? How is it in terms of difficulty. I have a few replays as well. Also, my main toon is earth, usually I just spam jackhammer for most everything. I assume elite (if dps) requires range. Do I just swap the tornado combo thing ( name lol) for jh?
  13. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I have bought all DLCs.... "here's a +5k cap"

The Old Republic... "oh you spent 5 dollars, here's a six digit cash cap which is more than enough to get you stuff from the broker"
    • Like x 1
  14. useless Well-Known Player

huh,much has been discussed about this,my opinion is like Fatal said,if i go premium i wouldnt play anymore
    $15 a month is no scam or rip of for me to fully enjoy the game
    Access to all DLC Packs
    150 Free Replay Badges Monthly
    Unlimited Prometheum Lockbox Unlocks
    Unlimited in-game currency
    More Inventory Slots
    Free daily Vault Access
    Form a League
    14 Additional character slots
    20 Broker slots
    36 Additional Bank slots
    Trade items and cash
    500 monthly Loyalty Points
    10% marketplace discount
    gifts etc.....
    It's a fair price but hey its just my opinion
    this game is my only gaming vice lol
    • Like x 6
  15. Hytch Well-Known Player

The whole point of the cash cap is that it is supposed to be limiting to the point where you will want to either sub to get rid of it. If they raise it then it would not be limiting anymore and not near as many people would sub.

So when folks complain that the cash cap for premium is too low then, yeah, working as intended.
    • Like x 5
  16. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I thought they would see the high SP then uninstall?

Or the toxicity of the chat channels and installed?

Or didn't like the grind then uninstall?

Or the fact that there is no tutorial then uninstalled?

Now this suggestion that new fish would see the cap, not even being able to trade items and having to spend $5, but instead they uninstall the game because they only can spend 1500 in game cash???

OK.
    • Like x 3
  17. Entrust Committed Player

Just to be clear, I've been premium since 2012, own nearly all DLC's, and have used escrow access tokens on several occasions. I've found enough ways around the cash-cap to make its impact on my gameplay minimal.

Any change to the cash cap is very unlikely.

Any change that makes Premium more appealing is more likely to have a negitive impact on the number of Legendary subscribers, and that loss in revenue is unlikely to be recovered in marketplace purchases by Premium members.

Basically it boils down to this, the more a player can ask, "why should I sub-up when I can just..." the less likely DBG will make the change. It's just a bad business decision.

I freely admit that I have no data to back this up. The above opinion is based solely on my understanding of how companies make decisions that could impact revenue.
    • Like x 3
  18. Hytch Well-Known Player

You really don't need the exact data to back it up when you have logic. You are 100% correct.
    • Like x 1
  19. Entrust Committed Player

Right or wtong, all I have now is an unsupported assertion.

Since I don't have access to DCUO's membership, or revenue data, it would be best if I supported my statement with findings from research done on the impact changes had to other multi-teir memberships. I could even use published business/revenue theories to support my statement.

However, this is just a game forum page, I wasn't a business major, and I haven't decided if I want to pursue an MBA. :)
    • Like x 3
  20. RealTegan Dedicated Player

My two cents (again): I am now Premium due to cash flow issues, and I don't find the cash cap limiting at all.

That said, I would love to see if raising the cash cap a small amount for every DLC purchased would encourage people who don't want to/cannot buy membership to buy more DLCs, or if it would negatively impact subscriptions. I don't know. I haven't got the data. Like Entrust says, without the data all we have are unsupported assertions. And, if I'm being completely honest, my example goes against what I think would happen... so maybe I'm just full of it.

If I want to play the broker, I'll buy one month of membership and play the sucker's game to my heart's content. If I want membership benefits, I'll subscribe. But at the moment, Premium is enough for me (I have all DLCs, the utility belt and base upgrades, so the cash cap is literally the only annoyance... and it's minor).
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.