Lift dlc buyers cash cap or at least raise it

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by fm0987, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dene Devoted Player

Just give everyone legendary.. so we can all feel the same ?
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I know right. The ones getting appreciated are the ones paying all of the time and not some of the time.

It's truly tragic.
    • Like x 3
  3. Dene Devoted Player

Get what?

Curious: Karas.. are you legendary? If not, i'm assume you are not for a reason?
  4. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I said this before and I'll say it again, dcuo should go back to p2p and see how well their "backbones" keep the game standing, and name any post I have ignored, I only ignore nonsense.

any more ridiculous high horse posts?, and I'm as to why me being a legendary subscriber do not feel the same as you.
  5. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Now you're over exaggerating my point.
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The exact same could be said about you and others who refuse to see what is in plain sight.
    • Like x 3
  7. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

How's that?
  8. Dene Devoted Player

high horse? All i'm doing is stating opinion, you're the one making it personal. People respond to you, but you respond back without answering them.. or worse make it an US vs Them thing - like you just did with me. I was trying to see why you subscribe/don't subscribe because I wanted to understand why you want what you want

p2p would be fine by me - not sure premiums would like it much though, since they want to be premium for a reason. Premiums spend money in the game - noone is disputing that, thing is they purchase what they exactly want.. Legendaries do the same + a monthly fee, it is simple.. legendary deserve more, they are paying for it (if I choose pay extra for something and someone else chooses not to then I do not see why they deserve more)
    • Like x 2
  9. Red Batern Well-Known Player

I didn't reiterate your point, not even in the slightest. As a matter of fact, I challenged it and will do so again.

A primary reason people sub is for the cash cap? That's some fantastical thinking there. It couldn't possibly be for the ENORMOUS amounts of other benefits? It's MUCH cheaper to buy escrow tokens for when it's necessary to access the funds, if that is, you are not interested in any of then other benefits that come with a sub....which there are many.

So no, the cash cap is not a PRIMARY reason, unless all the reasons to sub are also considered primary.

The word you are looking for is supplemental.
  10. Red Batern Well-Known Player

I have an overabundance of marks sometimes. I wouldn't mind spending some of those on an escrow token. It would deplete one of my assets for access to another. It would also facilitate a proclivity to sub of I got carried away with spending marks on tokens.

Maybe stabilizers could work too. They would need to use something that created the possibility of buyers remorse.
  11. Red Batern Well-Known Player

You could almost say the same thing about subscribers who complain about TC rng. Same vein in a way. But I don't necessarily disagree, except that in order to be premium, you do have to pay something.

My initial investment as a premium player cost me more the first month than a sub would have for example. By that measure alone, technically, I shouldn't have had a cap. Didn't bother me though.

And actually, this bothers premium players a lot less than the forum tends to imply. If they took trading away, then it would be a different story.
  12. Dene Devoted Player

I understand.. I have seen a few posts say similar, that cash cap is easily "worked around" once you know what to do e.g, trading, carrying soders to sell etc
  13. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Watch it there, you know the great proxy all ways wins.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Let's say a cup of coffee costs you $5

That's 50c, 50c, 50c, 50c, 50c, 50c, 50c, 50c, 50c, 50c

Instead of buying that coffee each day I don't and instead I put one of those 50c towards DC.

I'm then left with 50c, 50c, 50c, 50c, 50c, 50c, 50c, 50c, 50c.

This is more commonly referred to as $4.50.

Isn't money fun :)
    • Like x 2
  15. Red Batern Well-Known Player

I'm shook. Hasty generalizations and ANY other fallacies always make me crawl into a corner and play DC for days on end ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Red Batern Well-Known Player

Thanks for reiterating my point to Kara.
  17. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Going negative only hurts your position.

Dev's do not respond well to negative post if not at all and it really does not help when arguing for an increase to something that they already said they will not change because of how it would effect subs.

If you are trying to help, your doing a pretty good job with it, proving why it should not be changed.

The OP would be wise to come and counter you because you are definitely not helping the OP cause.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

That's right I do always win ;)
  19. RealTegan Dedicated Player

This is still going. I can hardly believe it's still going...

Once more: The current model for Premiums will not change unless Daybreak moves from a "stick" model of getting people to subscribe to a "carrot" model. The main reason most people subscribe is to lift the annoying cash cap, therefore removing it could potentially be catastrophic for DB. Even raising it (which I *am* in favor of, but only if it doesn't kill the revenue stream) could damage the game and make it lose subscribers, so it won't happen.

Until and unless you can propose a benefit for subscribers that is SO COOL that it would bring in more people than would be lost if the cash cap were raised or removed, then this entire argument is just... um... silly. Almost 300 notes of silly now. I really should stop reading this thread, but it's fascinating how people are just talking past each other even when they fundamentally agree.

====

As a premium now, who has subscribed a bit in the past and will no doubt subscribe again in the future, I cannot think of one single benefit DB can add to subscriptions that would make me just *have* to subscribe. I mean, the deal isn't bad, it just isn't enough for me (in my current financial state). The marketplace is lackluster (but moving in the right direction). I don't use replay badges much. I own all the DLCs, so access to them isn't a problem for me. I would like to open Prom boxes, but the thrill is gone now that Time Capsules have essentially replaced them and they haven't been updated in years. Running the vault daily on all my toons was boring. Having six toons is more than enough (I really should drop a couple, but I'm having fun getting them all to end game).

I liked DB giving subscribers triple weekend marks on the double mark weekends. That was a cool benefit. I liked the idea of getting free bundles of base items and materials as a member when new DLCs debut. But neither of those would make me subscribe permanently, although I might opt in for a month during those promotions. What DB needs is a really great "carrot" to draw people in... then it could abandon the "stick" of the cash cap and go positive instead of negative in getting people to subscribe.

Any proposal to lift or raise the cash cap HAS to include the magical carrot for subscribers, the thing that will replace the stick, or there's no point in even discussing it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

LOL, What ??? Talk about trying to misdirect something.
    I said nothing offensive and you know it.
    You are way out of bounds there and you are actually trying to fabricate something out of nothing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.