Lift dlc buyers cash cap or at least raise it

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by fm0987, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

While thats true, there has also been mature request threads from premiums that has been overshadowed by the subscribers, and me being a subscriber it doesnt bother me that premiums getting a cap increase since I valued them, because after game went f2p we all at one time was premium then eventually subscribed or atleast most of us, forcing players to subscribe is falsely promoting the game as f2p, because you got a model that gives the game money and there is no appreciation for premiums, if it is chances are it's for every model. That makes no sense.
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Well, that might be true. However there's a fine line between minor irritation and absolute disgust that causes people to simply uninstall and walk away. I'm not advocating for an increase to the cash cap, but there's no reason to make the game an absolute pain to play either.

I agree that any changes they make does affect the desirablity of legendary however. But, IMO, being denied purchasing things off the broker and inability to create mods is enough of a motivation to sub. Having an endless 2,000k in your account would simply mean you wouldn't have to waste time on the minutiae of stacking soders, playing, buying more soders, playing some more, buying more soders, etc. Instead, you would just play the game, albeit in a hampered way.
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

There is no forced subscription to the game, not anymore.

As for appreciation, I'm pretty sure the devs/company appreciate any money spent by premium players. Most companies trying to make a profit are like that. ;)

That being said, by no means does it mean the company should bow and scrape to every whim, idea or demand that comes from the premium players, especially if those ideas/whims/demands could jeopardize those profits they are trying to make.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Words do not describe how much you aren't listening.
    • Like x 2
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

On the surface, that sounds right...but look at it again...if your continuously throwing money at this game or any game...SOME premiums continuously throw money at the game...not all, and certainly not on a reoccurring basis.

Sure, a premium might have bought Deluge for example, $20-30 worth of replays and 20-40 stabilizers in March. Meanwhile, they might have spent zero in April. Yes, they spent a lot last month...but when looking at it from a month to month balance, they are zero for this month. Meanwhile depending on whether you got a deal or not, a legendary will show a consistent commitment that the company can actually account for...like say if you're paying the max $15 a month, until you cancel that sub they know Drathmor is good for $15 every month and the same goes for every other legendary (regardless of discounts, there's "steady" income to account for). They can't count on the premiums despite their support because it's rarely consistent across the board. Some spend every week, some only every three to five months, and others at wildly varying in-betweens.

It's hard to make plans based on varying degrees of support, whereas the steady accountable income can be counted on (at least until the individual cuts it off for whatever reason). All other sources of income (at least for DCUO) serve to fill in the gaps between dropped subs, discounts and premiums. If they filled up their marketplace properly like the games that often get mentioned, THEN they could fully transition to a microtransaction model like those other games. Unfortunately, that's gonna take a while (though they've started to take steps in that direction in 2018).

I played around in Neverwinter in 2016 during the "No new content for a while as we work on stats revamp" period. It was...ok (sword and sorcery doesn't do it for me anymore....it's Superhero & Sci-fi for me). I never touched the subscription there...there was nothing I could see to push me in that direction. So unfortunately I haven't a clue how it works there. Take that for what it's worth.
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I understood what you meant...but I suggest you see my reply to Drathmor above to understand why the support is viewed differently by Daybreak (and not necessarily the Devs who get the brunt of the blame for things). Financial support is financial support, but not all things are equal.
    • Like x 1
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Except it's not an absolute pain, as evidenced by the amount of premium players still playing. A lot of them seem to be managing just fine (and with the ability to stack soders to 99, things got a slight bit better for them...it's a stretch I know).

Now in your opinion, not being able to use the broker and still having to do workarounds for mods might be irritant enough to induce some to sub up...but the bean counters at Daybreak don't share that opinion. And seeing as how almost all premiums asking for a raise (not total removal) of the cap seem to just want to be able to repair comfortably, that would seem to back up their assertion that all is working as intended.

Yes, it's a flawed method...but it seems to be working for them (much to the chagrin of the players on the forums).
    • Like x 3
  8. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

While your right but it's still wrong if you want to keep long time supporters, and that is why I specifically state daybreak and not the developers.
  9. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Call it what you want, I'm listening loud and clear you just cant understand what I'm saying, that is all.
  10. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Not saying that at all, but can you name one appreciation thread from daybreak highlighting premiums without everyone?

I'm waiting.
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If you want things to change for premiums, you have to suggest something that will also work out for Legendaries AND Daybreak. The scales have to balance out.
    • Like x 2
  12. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I'm just a defender of justice for premiums, as far as being legendary I already suggested ideas to make legendaries more appealing, but nothing but silence, so how can one do so.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I understand exactly what you're saying.

You think your one off purchases in game entitle you to something more than what you purchased.

And the thing you can't diminishes a perk that people get for subscribing.

That's it in a nutshell.

If you're choosing to play premium then deal with it and stop asking for subscriber perks or even part thereof when you're not prepared to pay for them.
    • Like x 4
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Oh that's rich a defender of 'justice' because it's such an 'injustice' premium players get what they pay for and only what they pay for...

What a horrible miscarriage of justice... they are so lucky to have you...
    • Like x 3
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You may not have liked it, but silence is an answer...it means no one liked the idea. That is why the Daybreak hasn't budged from their current model....the players can't agree on what they'd like that would keep them subbed up and the company is not gonna roll the dice on something that most will reject. If your idea gets met with silence or outright rejection...keep trying until you hit on something that gets a favorable response from both sides (paying players and Daybreak). ;)

As for defending premiums remember...they chose the purposefully limited route, they can't then get mad that it's limited. That's not to say they shouldn't ask for a change....but you can't ask for change on one side while unbalancing the other side and not caring about that.
    • Like x 4
  16. Entrust Committed Player

I am not a victim of any injustice requiring defence by you or anyone else.

I was fully aware of the limitations of Premium membership when I chose that membership path.

I am fully aware of the cash-cap, how to wor k around it, the reasons for its implementation, and the impact any change to it would have on the game & other membership levels.

I've been Premium since 2012, I do just fine at end-game, and most other players have no idea that I'm not legendary (because I know what needs to be done & i do it).
    • Like x 4
  17. Dene Devoted Player

That's a bit rich coming from you, since you ignore any point that isn't 100% on your side and simply denigrate anyone who doesn't agree 100%

Noone is judging anyone on their choices.. If a Premium chooses premium then great, more power to them, they get the benefits of only getting what they pay for and therefore spending less, while legendary spend more (as in monthly sub fee) and get more

You are advocating to narrow the gap between legendary and premium. There is no benefit to doing this, to the company, money wise - so why should they make it easier to play as premium when they want you to subscribe ?
    • Like x 4
  18. Dene Devoted Player

Exactly.. you chose Premium because it suits you, you make it work and you save money doing so :)
    • Like x 3
  19. Dene Devoted Player

Exactly - I'm here to play a Superhero MMO. The reason I even downloaded this was the Trinity (Supes, WW, Bats). I do not like everything they do but switching to fantasy MMO of the week or some Anime adventure in the gardens of eve or whatever will not fill my wants/needs no matter how cool their loot system is or how long i can get my hair lol

I know a % do not really care about the Superhero aspect but I think more do, than ppl think!

Every few months a new MMO will create a "sky is falling" - Remember Wildstar ? That was supposed to close DCUO for good.. iirc Skyforge was touted as a fierce competitor etc etc
    • Like x 2
  20. Dene Devoted Player

Appreciation for what? They buy things - they use them. They are players of an MMO not an elite society. They get exactly what they pay for.

If you are saying DCUO do not appreciate their players, in general, then that is another thread.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.