Lift dlc buyers cash cap or at least raise it

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by fm0987, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Always*

And no he doesn't
  3. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

You want to know the real reason I subscribe? Because I'm lazy. I want to play "the game" and not spend time running around making trades or wondering if I can scrape up enough to repair my armor or pay for something I would get automatically with a subscription. Because I pay about 75 bucks twice a year and convienently don't have to buy escrow tokens or Promethium keys or wonder if I have enough cash to buy the next DLC. I play maybe 3 to 5 hours a day...every day. That's somewhere around 45-50 cents a day...let's say 25 cents an hour. And I don't get "free" stuff. I get stuff that Legendary players get because they pay for it. I get to open 5 Time Capsules every two weeks instead of one...not because DayBreak want to break people's hearts but because I pay for it. This game is not free...but it is not expensive unless you only show up a day or two a week for a couple of hours. You get to choose...do you want a sample for free, or an ala carte item but nothing else, or do you want an entire meal without having to check the menu again. If you don't want to pay for Legendary benefits, that's fine. But stop complaining that you don't get what you didn't pay for.
    • Like x 6
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Well done.
    • Like x 1
  5. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Prove it.

You do not have enough data to prove this assertion, just as I don't have enough data to prove that raising the cash cap a tiny bit for every DLC bought wouldn't hurt subscriptions. We cannot rely on assumptions or anecdotes for this, we need hard numbers. And, by the way Daybreak is conducting their business, the hard numbers (which we don't have access to) suggest you (and I) are wrong.
    • Like x 3
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The data is there and I have proved it. All you have to do is look at the pricing from items in recent or new content. Namely booster bundle items, Resurgence TC items & starro stuff being sold in the broker. People just refuse to see it.
    • Like x 1
  7. majosea Dedicated Player

raise the cap is not need . just run other content to repair your gear t6 duos gear you can sell for 2000 a pop . I know I have done this for years
  8. Red Batern Well-Known Player

I agree with a lot of this post, but this is just not true. If the cash cap is the biggest reason people subscribe, then there is a HUGE problem with the subscription model. I'm not saying people dont consider it in their decision, but it's not the MAIN reason people sub.

I've had other players, even some from this forum, explain to me why it's a good idea to sub, and NO ONE has said, "The reason you want to sub is for the cash cap, everything else really doesn't matter".

Say it out loud to yourself and you'll see how silly it sounds. Would it be nice? Sure. But it's so easily worked around that it's just not a "main reason". What most people tell me is, "Do you want to buy all the content seperate?" "You get loyalty points you can use to avoid using real money" and the list goes on and on and on. I've never had one person bring up the cash cap FIRST THING in this discussion, and I've had it on a mic and via text at least a dozen times over the past couple of months.

So again, not trying to take away from some other great points you made, but this is just not as important as the forums make it out to be. I have a hypothesis as to why the forum exaggerates this, but ill leave that for another post.

Ill just end this by pointing out that people who are not subs, probably do not play enough for the cash cap to matter, and there are SEVERAL other aspects they would value much MUCH more than unlimited cash.
    • Like x 2
  9. majosea Dedicated Player

agreed a huge problem if the money is the only reason
    members need new perks .
    to make subbing worthwhile
    the main thing kills sub is time capsules and the p2w
    daybreak lost tons of subs and leagues do to p2w
  10. Red Batern Well-Known Player

Huh? The subscription is a great deal. If subs had to purchase escrow tokens with loyalty points, it would still be a GREAT deal.
  11. Red Batern Well-Known Player

Asking for statistics that DB doesn't even have access to is kind of ridiculous. I GUARANTEE you they do not have hard correlations to the number of subscriptions they maintain due to the cash cap. Nor do they have a statistical computation of the standard deviations other reasoning is comparably. They can only hypothesize at best. All they know is some people do and some people dont.
  12. majosea Dedicated Player

not in my eyes . content is not fun . why pay for something if I am not having fun
    content better years ago , 3 month cycle not 6 months and tons p2w capsules
    if anything this pushes players away from the game ,
    1 all lot of players dont like the p2w
    2 6 months to long for new content
  13. Wildboy Committed Player

Guess what? Cash cap is working as intended. ;) No changes necessary;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Yup. There is. I agree.

The rest... meh, opinions. I know far more people who claim they only bother subscribing because they hate the cash cap than people who subscribe for the other benefits, but that's an anecdote, so I'll cede the point.
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Oh you mean you're employed by Daybreak and are privy to financial and commercially sensitive information...

God if only I knew...
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Daybreak doesn't have access to their own sales statistics lolololol.

Oh boy thanks I needed that.
    • Like x 2
  17. majosea Dedicated Player

lol I'm sure they have access to their own sales statistics
    hmmmm #timecapsulegate do I need say more
    devs knew something was a miss when
    tons on stuff from time capsule was opened and placed on the broker or players wearing gear
    without paying for them
  18. Red Batern Well-Known Player

Yes they do. What they do not have is statistical data directly correlated to people subbing or maintaining a sub based on the cash cap, as i clearly pointed out.

All you had to do is read the post you quoted, but you're welcome anyway I guess.
    • Like x 1
  19. Red Batern Well-Known Player

Unless they poll everyone who subs, and everyone who leaves about the reason as to why, they do not have access to the information I mentioned.

Pretty simple concept.
  20. Red Batern Well-Known Player

I can't argue with that, so I will concede as well. Wasn't trying to say my experience wasn't anecdotal. It clearly is.

And again, you made some great points in the post I quoted. I only disagree with that part of it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.