Lets talk about celestial power?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alpha vermelho, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Yea I honestly don't see many DPS even running with a Celestial SC. Then again... that's nothing new, many powers don't have good DPS SC and rarely ever get used.
    • Like x 1
  2. AIpha New Player

And its funny cause those are the powers that need a revamp........lol funny how they are connected.
    • Like x 1
  3. Meta Flare New Player

The bonuses from a full super are minute at best. Also if you use a different power that requires power it may lessen your ability to use your combos than if you were spamming idol. It damages, heals and when enemies die they explode to cause even more damage. Did I mention its a 25% super...how strong do you want it to be?
  4. El El Committed Player

For 1 the SC shows a tank icon and besides that if you read the explaination of the power its sounds to me it would suit better for a tank or a troller.It does not do damage or heals its just useless for raids as healer or dps,a healer dont have to worry about damage reduction in a raid come on,thats the Job of a tank or a troll for when he is using debuffs.

A real damage SC is needed in celestial not this tank power.

PVP wise it would be helpfull but not needed.
  5. Meta Flare New Player

I think it's a good choice for a dps cuz of its spammability. And it's extra effects of healing and the extra explosion damage.
  6. AIpha New Player

It sounds just like death mark.............I don't want it to be 25%, it should be 50% and actually worth replacing a power on your loadout bar.
  7. AIpha New Player

I read it and was like WAIT! Thats what I asked for for Earth for a tank supercharge.
    • Like x 2
  8. Meta Flare New Player

I agree it's not the best super but to say it doesn't have uses for anyone but tanks and that healers don't need to reduce damage is just dumb. Also this powerset is a melee focused one so you would be near the tanks and any other melee dps that could use the extra defense for a big hit or something. So to me you couldn't be more wrong.
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I have done the Cathedral duo as healer. I have to say it is pretty fun. though there is a learning curve to it. I don't remeber my loadout at the moment but I used the basic heal, the heal that looks like vegeta's final flash, the damage reduction super, the channeled group heal, blessing , and and the Hot heal.

The Hot seems like a station electrogenesis.

The basic heals behaves as you would expect

The final flash like move is interesting because of it's combo. The buff it gives is pretty good. Often time I would tick for some unusually high numbers which i did not expect.

The shield behaves as usual but I would like to see a comprimise so it gets the utility of other shields

The channeled healed is interesting. You do not have to continue the entire channeld. You can let go of the button before the 3 seconds is up. I expected it to be like Invocation of renewal but was presently surpised. There may have been smaller ticks but I was very tired and didn't pay attention to it too much

The supercharge is meh so far. Maybe I havent found a good use for it. I used it in the jared fight and expected it to buy me time to heal but my parter went down. Granted the inferno he does hit's hard even with t5 gear but maybe i should have used it more preemptively and probably told him i was going to pop it so he doesn't change location.

That's some intial impressions from just doing a loadout based which buffs certain combos gave I liked. Choosing powers is really hard I must say. A lot of the combos sound really good. There are tons of possibilities.
    • Like x 1
  10. Meta Flare New Player

I think you are missing the point/best thing about the power. It's the fact that it is a 25. If you watched the stream he even used it the way lini and I said by spamming it. It's meant to be a cheap/free source of constant damage and hots.
  11. AIpha New Player

Yes but i have other powers that are just as good if not better that work ALL the time. Thats the point. Its only even remotely thought about because its cheap. THe damage and hots are nothing to right home about and again its melee range only it only affects things around you. Its completely useless in say Nexus where you would never get the explosion part of the supercharge and would be much better off using another ranged dot. If it were say 50% and did similar damage to a Volcanic Calamity or Blizzard and spawned on your target then it would be SOOOO much more useful. Gotta question the power to find how to make it better. Don't ever just except it how it is. Always suggest ways to make it better.
    • Like x 1
  12. AIpha New Player

It does more damage at melee range yes, but I can heal from range just fine. And I definately would never take any of the heals of my loadout for a 75% absorption Field effect. Never not in a million years. I suggested making it heal as well, or turning it into a damage super that weakens enemies defenses instead of strengthening yours.
    • Like x 1
  13. General Zod 10000 Post Club

LOL

inb4thevegetaclones :p
  14. El El Committed Player

As a Healer your job is to Heal not do damage reduction,you have trolls and tanks for that.
    For raids like nexus and paradox its useless for pvp its helpfull.

LOOL if people know you have that SC in paradox they wil kick out you of the raid period,its just a waste of space for raids sorry.

The power look great they should make it a damage field instead of reduction.
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I was already planning to post a picture in the costume contest thread in costume doing the move once it hits live.
    • Like x 2
  16. Meta Flare New Player

Look...not everything needs to be the same....that seems to be a huge problem with this game. People cry for something new but then cry when it is that the power isn't the same as whatever else. That's a topic for a diff thread.

I'm all for changing the way it's placed. Place it where ever the enemy your targeting is. That would be great. But I think your wrong about making it just like blizzard and volcano.

And for your last point...I don't think it needs changed. And I'm not just accepting it, if I thought something absolutely NEEDED changed I'd voice that opinion, believe me as I have in the past. And like I said if I would change it it would be what I said about the placement. But agin that isn't needed as the powerset is melee centric so it makes sense for idol to be melee rangeish.

Instead of trying to find ways to make things "better" maybe you could try to experiment and find out ways to work with it or here's an idea...don't use it if you don't like it.
    • Like x 1
  17. Meta Flare New Player

If we aren't supposed to at least help with damage reduction then why have shields?

I don't get how it's a waste in a raid. If the boss is about to land a big hit and you know the tells and you use it and prevent 75 of that damage then it makes it easier to heal them back up and may save time because you don't have to try and pick as many or any people up cuz they were knocked out.
    • Like x 1
  18. AIpha New Player

I think you misread my suggestion. I don't ever suggest things be the same. But DAMAGE should be the same. It wouldn't be balanced if it wasn't its already a totem style dot/hot with explosion damage that would stay but the damage would increased to be on par with the two i mentioned.
  19. Meta Flare New Player

The whole point of the power is to supplement your damage and heals over time. Not to be a source of massive damage like the ones you mentioned. Face it. Its fine as is. Besides...most prob won't use it so they can load up their bar with more combos. So I don't see it even being a problem. I prefer it being the way it is cuz it's more active which is what this powerset is supposed to be, which is active.
    • Like x 1
  20. ElectricBoogaloo New Player

I guess I didn't phrase that right, but whether it was designed that way or not. Most of the time an Electric healer can just sit back and throw out a heal here and there. But be ready to get serious when fighting a boss.