Lets talk about celestial power?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alpha vermelho, Aug 13, 2013.

1. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I may be wrong, but it appears to me that this Celestial power is all about utilizing BOTH trees and gaining the extra healing/damage when comboing between them. If you stick with only one tree, you will not be doing any spectacular healing or damage which comes from the combos. It seems that this power is unlike previous powers because of the reliance on the combos and the connection between both trees. Notice that there is not any combos within one tree, all the combos involved a link with its opposite.
    • Like x 2
  2. fairyoftime New Player

Exactly you need both sides of the coin. if you just go blessed or curse you cant combo and wont reach its full potential.
  3. Lokkii Committed Player

Secondary like electric? you must be kidding
    • Like x 4
  4. Claiyne New Player

Hmmm, was hoping it gave you the choice to take on a pure holy role or dark role. That kind of kills that idea lol
  5. Dynagirl Committed Player

Again that's is what you do and that is fine.:) I just want blessed side to have the OPTION of a damaging supercharge if people want to use it or not. Personally, I don't get why people don't run with supercharges. I mean, the effects of a full supercharge on weapons are barely noticeable imo and it is a powerful move that doesn't cost power to cast. As a dps, even if you didn't like any of the damaging supers from your power set wouldn't you at least want to run with word of power and help the group out from time to time?
    • Like x 1
  6. darkmoon caverns New Player

I don't like running with super charges because I can do more damage with a heavy hitter that I can cast whenever I want as long as I have power rather than having to build up my SC meter. I'm sorry I called you out like that and sorry that this power wasn't exactly what you wanted. I hope you're not turned off completely and can enjoy it regardless of the lack of supercharge. :)

Edit: I don't run word of power. There's too many other moves I need more and my vit as a dps so low that it wouldn't help much and wouldn't it overwrite PoT? Not sure how pot supercharges work.
  7. fairyoftime New Player

I don't really use surcharges either unless there the healing one. Im changing to this power battle healer.
  8. Ivy Bird Committed Player

It has no effect on PoT.
    • Like x 2
  9. darkmoon caverns New Player

Okay thanks.
  10. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

I hear same people that want that celestial power be nerfed.
    Please let me know if this hapen because i will cancel my membership and continue with my gadget because dont have diference.
    I am membership to have acess to usefull content like most power powerset, no because prometiam box and etc.
    The devs want game more easy the answer to this is improve power that in dc comics have power, like fire, mental, sorcery dont became game more easy.
  11. Dynagirl Committed Player

Well I was aiming for an all blessed (with cleansed cursed combos) angelic themed heal/dps hero alt when it drops and that's why this puts me a little off. Don't get me wrong, the blessed supercharges are not to be underestimated. I already see so much potential in strategy for the 75% damage reduction one. It just would have been nice if it could damage too. :D As for word of power it doesn't overwrite pot. With all the vit we get now in t5 gear it probably can give more or less 1/3 of the groups power back which is helpful in a pinch if something happened to your controllers. It's been a while since I used word I'll have to test this out next time I log on.
  12. darkmoon caverns New Player

200 vit is enough for that? That's how much I have.
  13. Kristyana New Player

Sadly, I know exactly what's going to happen - there will be a lot of hesitation for people to take the new power into raids and alerts, especially pugs. This has been the case with every new powerset that's been launched. The main reason for it is that people use a respec token and switch to the powerset then immediately jump into endgame content without knowing anything about it. Raid or alert fails, new powerset is blamed as being a "weak" power.

Hard light on release was considered a bad power because nobody understood the clipping or combo system, and the PoT move and debuff was a melee lunge.

Electricity was considered weak because to get the best heals you had to get up closer to the group and couldn't just sit back.

Earth was considered bad DPS and a bad tank when it released. Earth tanks are still incredibly rare.

Quantum people had mixed feelings about, but it's been shown to be a good powerset much faster than the other three, but it's also much simpler than celestial.

Celestial is going to be in the same boat because there's a lot of things you can do with it, and not all of them are going to be effective. It's going to take time to figure out what works and what doesn't, and if history is any indication, a lot of groups will base their opinion of the powerset off a bad player or rotation.
    • Like x 7
  14. ElectricBoogaloo New Player

I'm an Electric healer, full T5 97cr. Yes, an Electric healer is in fact the secondary healer in the T5 raids. I love Electric healing because its a great compliment to Sorcery and Nature, and it's the emergency healer. When a boss uses an aoe and people healths go down fast, an Electric healer can pop them back up in a flash. Let's just say Nexus, if it's a good Sorcery healer, you rarely need to heal while in the hallways. But when theres a boss, Electric Healing is the way to go.
    • Like x 1
  15. blklightning New Player

We're only secondary when the other healer has more resto or knows their powerset well. I've not run Nexus much, cuz I hate to pug, but I've been the top healer about 2 of those 5 times.
    • Like x 1
  16. ElectricBoogaloo New Player

An Electric healer is designed to be a secondary healer, if you have a good Sorcery healer like I stated. Then you are really needed only for the boss fights, or when the group gets swarmed and the HOTs are useless. I'm not trying to talk bad about Electric healing because I am one. But when I run Nexus and Paradox, I am only needed when boss fights occur, when the boss is able to do 2500 damage on people and those Jesus heals save the raid. Electric healer doesn't often top scoreboards and thats not important. But I know that Electric healers is the big reason that raids doesn't wipe.
    • Like x 1
  17. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

For those of you on test server is celestial more single target or aoe based? Or is it a mix of both like mental?
  18. El El Committed Player

What i dont understand is there is a tank supercharge but no real damage supercharge im confused.
    Also it seems like other powerset have way more dominant visuals then celestial.
    When playing celestial in combat with other powersets i dont really see the visual effects.

Dont get me wrong the visuals look nice on a sparring target in your own lair,but as soon you mix with other powerset in battle you dont see the visuals clearly of celestial.

I like how they made the shield of donna troy,that kind of brightness i wanna see in the blessed tree.

19. Lokkii Committed Player

That's just not true tho, it's not designed to be a secondary healer
    • Like x 1
  20. Meta Flare New Player

You can be straight holy or dark.

All you have to do is only use the holy powers and holy versions of dark powers. And the opposite is true as well.

As an example...if you use smite and combo into the cleansed version of haunt it is the cleansed holy version with a different effect and the same color as the holy powers.

And as I said the opposite is true as well. So if you use haunt and combo on to smite, smite would be corrupted and have a different effect and have the same color as the dark powers.
    • Like x 2