Lets talk about celestial power?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alpha vermelho, Aug 13, 2013.

1. El El Committed Player

We should be able to combo into supercharge as well,but at the moment celestial supercharges are the worst in game.
    I dont understand why a godlike powerset have such lame supercharges.
  2. Kristyana New Player

Do yourself a favor and unsubscribe right now then.

Celestial powers should not be weaker or more powerful than the other powers in the game. They should be balanced. Every new power set has been tweaked after launch because either the power set itself is a little too powerful, something isn't behaving correctly, or players simply find combos or interactions that the developers didn't think of.

That's why we have a test server. If you think paying a sub or buying the DLC entitles you to have a more powerful power set than someone who doesn't, then this is the wrong game for you.
    • Like x 6
  3. Kristyana New Player

t
    Maybe because as of right now the rest of the power set seems pretty godly in what it brings to the table.
  4. Meta Flare New Player

That idiot has been saying celestial should be the most powerful power in the game just cuz it's celestial and based off of specter and eclypso and the presence inspired it. Just ignore him.

Ps he needs to use google translate or something, his posts are hard to read and doesn't help his arguments at all.
    • Like x 2
  5. El El Committed Player

Why place supercharge in a powerset if you already know its gonna be useless doesnt make sense?
    So far videos i have seen it,i dont really see the so called godly powers because other power sets dominate visualy.
    If you would do a 8 or 4 man operation with celestial,you wil not see the visuals clearly its like celestial dont excists.

We already seen it on the last webcast Mepps vs Spord,Mepps needed to stop casting powers otherwise you would not see the celestial visuals just pathetic for a reveal of a new powerset.

We dont have have this visual problems with other powersets the other poweres are balanced to eachother thats not the case for celestial at the moment.

People wil complain about this sooner or later.
    • Like x 1
  6. Meta Flare New Player

It does seem a lot cooler than I originally thought after reading a bunch of stuff on it. However the supercharges seem lacking in that there isn't a holy damage super charge. I like the supercharges overall but the 75% damage reduction one seems the worst to me so far. But it is really really pretty lol. So that makes up for it a little bit.

What would be cool is if each super charge gave you access to a holy and dark version. They wouldn't be able to both be on your load out though. I think this would be a good way to alleviate the supercharge complaints.
  7. Mini Lini Loyal Player

I don't see how the SC abilities are really that bad. Maybe because I play Earth and Earth has the worst SC skills ever. Though they really don't seem bad, not for Healing anyways. The DPS ones are not that great, granted. Wouldn't say WORST SC's in the game though.
    • Like x 5
  8. Mini Lini Loyal Player

I think this one will be a more PvP oriented SC. A group shield in a designated area that doesn't break and prevents 75% damage for 12 seconds. It'll really shine for PvP imo.
    • Like x 2
  9. General Zod 10000 Post Club

He also hasn't even tried out the power and he's judging it >.>

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/dlc8-celestial-powers-feedback.168165/page-3
    • Like x 1
  10. AIpha New Player

They are 10x worse than earth supercharges its that bad. Sacrifice isn't like Regen or Invigorate. The heals are lower, the power tics are like 23 and the user recieves no benefits and the only way to make it heal for the same as the other supercharges is to die which isn't exactly what you want your healer doing. Concecrated ground is probably the best of the 4 granting a 75% absorption shield to anyone INSIDE the AoE. So its unlikely you will all be in it. Would make more sense if if was a damage supercharge like blizzard or Volcanic Calamity and did damage to enemies inside. Life Idol is weak but its a 25% so its supposed to be weak. Life Siphon ticks for like 140 damage might and heals for about the same per tick for about 12s. Its the second best of the 4.
  11. Meta Flare New Player

Yeah you have a good point...I didn't think about it from a PVP standpoint.
  12. El El Committed Player

Maybe not the worst but its close lol.

I just cant place the tank SC in the celestial doesnt make sense to me,the tank SC would be usefull for the earth tank they need it.
  13. Meta Flare New Player

I agree earths are still the worst and probably will always be.

I love the cursed idol super cuz it hits and dots. It's cool to me.
    • Like x 2
  14. Meta Flare New Player

How is it a tank supercharge? You keep saying that but it doesn't make sense tome.
  15. AIpha New Player

But its weak. The Hots and Dots are low, and its summoned on you and only HoTs or Dots surrounding enemies or allies. Its very limited in uses. Meteor Shower and Earthquake are much better than it.
  16. Meta Flare New Player

17. Meta Flare New Player

Of course they are weak it's not even a 50. Plus this is the first powerset where you don't need a super to compensate for the lackings of your chosen powerset. So they don't need to have earth shattering numbers.

Did you see what I did there? Lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mini Lini Loyal Player

I'm with you on Idol.. I actually like it, because you can pretty much spam it. Meaning even if you run out of power, you can keep a steady DoT on enemies while you combo with weapons. The damage is a bit low but... if the damage was any higher, and it costed 25%... It would be very OP.
    • Like x 1
  19. Meta Flare New Player

Yep...my points exactly. It's one of my fav supers in the game if you take into account the things you and i mentioned behind transcendence, oblivion, and transducer.

Ps. Didn't your forum name used to be something different?
  20. AIpha New Player

I understand that but I can get a power other than Idol and do more damage and not have to use supercharge meaning some of my weapon combos would be stronger..........no point in using a super if power can do more damage.