Jason Momoa's Aquaman

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Swaggernaut, Aug 15, 2016.

1. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

alpha flight finds a rose...in the wastelands...a sign of lingering loki magic...he had been there before...im drawing on decades old memories...so yes he must have fought a different team to be there and leave traces in the first place...x people makes sense considering xfever was pretty big in the 80s...even bigger than spiderguy syndrome in some ways ...not at all saying your wrong ...also makes sense loki would target xkids...that would be classic loki...make a godly vow never to harm some mortals head...and then move heaven and earth to murder every child that mortal had...leaving hints the whole time proving its lokis revenge
  2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    As some else stated, the trailer for AQUAMAN will be released after its premiere at SDCC. As an addition, here is the movie poster for the next film within the DC filmverse and a leaked image from the director, James Wan
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Probably just me, butt that smirk is not doing anything positive for me, it's actually putting me off even more (not that was interested in a DC movie anyway)
  4. The Canadian Level 30

We sacrifice always on little things with actors, especially the big names. In return we get a great performance, I'm very excited for this movie because I really like his Aquaman it brings a different edge out of the character that i thoroughly enjoy !
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Except, Atlantis was supposedly in the Atlantic (it's why they named the damn ocean that), even though in reality it was close to Greece and still there, his Pacifica tattoos (and overall re-design) would be more suited to a Zealandian (who hate the Atlantians by the way :p)
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So SDCC 2018 is well underway and WB/DC have showcased some of the costumes that will be in AQUAMAN and special collector statues
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  7. DCUO Post Loyal Player

8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Doesn't look too bad, still not gonna see it though :p
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    EE-VIILLL!!!
    • Like x 1
  10. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

*sigh*

I went into the trailer with an open mind. I definitely liked the casting of Temura Morrison as his dad, and I was even able to restrain my eyerolling on Aquaman's reaction to the temple they walked into.

But then they had to go with that line about alternative methods of applying water to the artifact.

Ugh. I know they were going for some humor there, but that was the best they could come up with? :confused:

I think there's potential there, I really do. But between that and all that running (wouldn't have expected that in a film based on an aquatic character) I'm just not 100% there.
  12. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I think this one is more than likely gonna fall into the "decent" category but FAR from the "good" category. Either way I am still gonna see it as I go to the theaters and watch every comic book movie the night it comes out.
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So here are the various movie posters for the upcoming film
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wait, if Queenie was married to Kingie, does that mean Artie is a... n illegitimate child? Very rarely, if ever, has one of those ever been willingly crowned 'king' (about the only ones that have, have been the child of the king, not the queen)
  15. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Let me rephrase the casting:

Conan as Aquaman
    Green Goblin as Vulko
    He-Man as Nereus
    Dr. Chase Meridian as Atlanna
    Nite Owl as Ocean Master
    Korath as the Fisherman King
    Jimmy Woo as Dr. Shin
    Jango Fett as Aquaman's Dad
    and
    Dracula in a yet undisclosed role

Is it possible that some folks at Warner think success is in the actors, not the script???
    • Like x 1
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Considering the success rate of their previous attempts, yes (and remember, their only successful movie had a female lead)
    • Like x 1
  17. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Can nit pick, but Nicole Kidman was an Oscar winner. William Dafoe (Oscar nominated) and Patrick Wilson are decent actors. Actors go from gig to gig. They do their part, lot of times when a movie turn out bad it's due to lot of reasons outside their control. If you wanted, we can easily do a same list of cheesy earlier roles on the Marvel actors. Captain. America (Chris Evans), whom I like btw, was in Not Another Teen Movie, I'm not going to hold that against him.

Big name actors sometimes command big salaries. If your movie does well then maybe can pay more at the sequel. If anything WB is being cautious and fiscally responsible.
  18. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

I didn't say anything against the actors, I enjoyed watching most of them in the roles I added to the list. The point is the big difference if you compare experience and success on the actors' side and then have a look at the writing/script team, where only Geoff Johns really pulls weight. Even the best actors can often not get good stuff out of a bad script. My flak was fully against that point of planing at WB, especially considering how their scripts failed in previous movies already. And considering how many great story arcs they could pick from in the DC lore, while the movies go FX, FX, FX-permascene to the point of the FX getting boring.

If you have that much money to throw at actors who will probably end up not getting the screen time they deserve by their name and previous success, get some cheaper fresh faces for the minor roles and put the money into some good script doctors. The ones that make stories fitting and fool-proof, preferably.
    • Like x 1
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Can anyone else remember when (relatively) fresh actors or actresses were chosen for leading roles in a movie and the veterans were minor supporting roles? Because the story was good enough that it didn't need a Major Name to carry it?
  20. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

There was a movie in the late 70ies using very distinguished British actors to support a young US brat pack. One of the lead actors even gave up on acting before because it didn't pay the bills for him. It became a big franchise which is nowadays just producing crappy movies with bad story writing, horrible mistakes in details and tons of FX so the typical average people (and worse) come out of the movies "wow, boom, wow...."