Jason Momoa's Aquaman

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Swaggernaut, Aug 15, 2016.

1. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I think that's where the lawsuit plays a part in it, that Fox was willing to take them to court to "protect" the movie license. Even if Marvel still owned the TV rights, that threat of further litigation would put Marvel's X-verse on TV in a state of inactivity. But neither company makes money from a dormant TV property so it does make a little sense why they would work something out together.:confused:
  2. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

No, I'm saying you and others should be grateful he's finally getting put on TV and not leaving our imaginations to bring him to life.
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Personally, would have rather waited until we got the King Arthur we are familiar with and deserve, but then again, he is even lamer than The Flasher so don't really care either way
  4. Ashrode Well-Known Player

I decided to spend a bit of time looking through the case notes of the Mutant X trial (yes, it was bothering me that much).

What happened was in the initial deal struck in late 1993 and announced in early 1994, Marvel retained the TV rights but due to the wording Fox decided this entitled them to any TV production that was "feature length" and that an hour long TV show was "feature length" and thus was under their control which Marvel disputed.

Long story short, both studios believe they own the TV rights to the X-Men.
    • Like x 1
  5. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

Yea that sounds like something a lawyer would argue, which sounds crazy to me. I mean when was the last time a feature length movie was an hour long. But Fox still had to make a deal with Marvel to get the new show running, so the courts probably didn't agree with them.
  6. Helderman Dedicated Player

There's nothing lame in Aquaman, unless all you know is that 50 YEAR OLD cartoon.
  7. Ashrode Well-Known Player

Or their agreement was that they'd have to work jointly on any TV project so the other wouldn't moan about it. Otherwise there's several loopholes Marvel could have used by now.
    • Like x 1
  8. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

That's not good style, and since Marvel recently got the rights for Daredevil etc. back, they have no reason to push it. F4 will fail with part II as well and then Marvel can sit and wait to see Fox give up on that property (like they did with Daredevil), have them play their X-men card til nobody no longer cares and get that property back the "regular" way as well. Marvel is a company, so time is not that much of essence to them like it is for the fans involved. If you have to wait 20 more years for that to happen, you will prolly have lost interest or maybe will not be around any longer even; for Marvel, 20 years is not that bad; at some point, they will have their property back.
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What cartoon?
    His primary power is: the ability to talk to fish!
  10. Gwalir Loyal Player

No, that is just his most well known power thanks to the cartoons. In the comics, he relies more on his super-strength and endurance in combat than his telepathy. While not as strong as Superman, Aquaman has been able to lift a cargo ship and throw it, as well as shrug off a missile to the face.

Also, his trident has been shown to be an extremely powerful weapon. I believe it's totally indestructible (least I've never seen anything damage it), shoots blasts of energy, and it has been shown to be strong enough to pierce even Darkseid's skin.
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Bah, AquaDork will always be but a cheap imitation Namor
  12. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Funny that Most of the world knows Aquaman but when you name that Marvel character you get a hilarious...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Fox currently owns the movie rights to anything mutant related. At the time Quicksillver and Scarlet Witch were mutants and therefore were allowed to be used by Fox. However, both were Avengers not offiically X-Men which is why Marvel was allowed to use them (as long as they weren't mutants) which is why their back story was changed in the movies. My guess is Marvel is trying to find a way to make them stop using those two characters because they are no longer mutants in the comics (although I think at this point they can still use Quicksilver due to already existing, I don't think they could use Wanda anymore) but I never studied all the necessary things under movie rights to know :p

At the end of the day Fox can use any Marvel Mutant character because they own the rights to it (film wise).
  14. Ashrode Well-Known Player

They hold the rights to anything X-Men related, that does not give them claim to every mutant going (imagine if you'd bought the Namor franchise and then found out Marvel had sold his rights to another studio as well).

The Maximoffs have a history with both the X-Men and Avengers so became one of those rare cases where both franchises had them included. The Skrulls are another case (between the Fantastic Four and Avengers because numerous individuals ended up in each franchise). All studios have a set list of characters they can use, if Marvel could take away a character they would already have done so a long time ago.
  15. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    So here is some concept art and photos from the upcoming AQUAMAN
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Here's some more
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wait, they are now adding Nicole Skidmark to this mess? :eek:

Not sure what they were thinking, butt Mera's outfit does not look like scales, hexagons do not look like fish scales, certainly not looking as perfectly shaped as that!
  19. JebuNagazi Active Player

For me personally i think he is wasted on playing Aquamano_O!

There is one character i hoped he would play instead & that is THE MAIN MAN LOBO!!!
    (he would be perfect for that)...
  20. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Skidmark? Is that an insult to the greatest Aussie actress (And one of Hollywood's) best actress of all time?

Nah, I ain't gonna take that.

[IMG]