Jason Momoa's Aquaman

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Swaggernaut, Aug 15, 2016.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Can't take away the fact that it has lasted this long, and that it does still have fans (old and new) who still enjoy it and don't pick it apart nit by nit
    Nor does it divert away from the movies that use Big Names and still flop (barely making enough money to pay the Big Names)
  2. Eve YouTuber

I can't wait for the movie. Jason is amazing as Aquaman. "I dig it".
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Now THAT was a good trailer for the film.
    • Like x 1
  4. sirzap Well-Known Player

I saw Aquaman yesterday.

It was Great!!!
    • Like x 1
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

To all the naysayers who said Aquaman sucks, blah, blah, blah. HA!
    [IMG]

DC's Aquaman film is a great comic book film. The cinematography, visuals, and music in this movie was, quite frankly, wonderful. While I did enjoy the film within a packed theater, truth be told, it wasn't perfect, there were some scenes that I thought could have been shortened but ultimately doesn't ruin the film. Jason Momoa and the supporting cast was great. The 3rd act of the film alone, is better than half of the DCEU films. I highly recommend the film. Don't miss out ;)
  6. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I saw it yesterday and here's my take:(May Contain Spoilers so read on at your own risk)

They borrowed a lot from the story of King Arthur and Excalibur which will explain how Aquaman is able to ascend to the Atlantian throne.

Plot tended to get a little cheesy but all in all it was a good to very good flick. Not great but good. I give it C+ to a B-.

DeFoe is the latest to cross from Marvel to DC and joins JK Simmons and Ben Affleck in that realm. Incidentally, he was his usual great self. Dijimon Hounsou as well but he sort of keeps flipping from one to the other.

Took me a minute to recognize Dolph Lungren.

Was fun to see DCUO characters come to like like Ocean Master and a brief but cool shot at the Briny Hulks.

Amber Heard was very, very hot looking.

Nicole Kidman wasn't horrible.

Black Manta was extremely underused in this movie to the point that he was basically a McGuffin and his inclusion added absolutely nothing to the story. His screen time was badass but otherwise he was completely wasted. In fact, he was basically reduced to a minor nuisance. But it's obvious his time is not over yet.

I think Mamoa carried it off well. His Polynesian background was explained away because his father was a lighthouse keeper in Massachusetts.

Didn't need the Greenpeace portion of the movie but thankfully it was only a blip on the radar.

Patrick Wilson was decent as Orm but his performance was a tad wooden at times.

Julie Andrews voiced the Karathen. And John Rhys-Davies voiced the Brine King(lots of big names in this movie).

All in all not a bad flick. A bit cheesy but a good popcorn flick.
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Nothing wrong with a bit cheese, something WB will hopefully remember going forward
  8. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

I can agree with the "good/solid but not great" summaries. Entertaining, yes, but in details off. For me, those details were soundtrack and some of the optical fx choices, sometimes in combination (had to think of Tron Legacy when Aquaman first entered Atlantis with Mera).

The thing that got me a little out of the movie was - Patrick Wilson, and totally not his fault. His first appearance in the movie was just remembering me of Julian Sands in the Warlock movies.

Wilson in Aquaman:
    [IMG]

Sands in Warlock:
    [IMG]
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Knew he reminded me of someone, thank you!
    • Like x 1
  10. SuperBell Loyal Player

I just watched this movie again. Still fun. But god, that cover of Toto's "Africa" is so bad. Even worse than Weezer's non-version. They should have used this:
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Apparently, it's cheaper to pay some one to cover (badly) than it is to use the original :rolleyes:
    Of course not saying that ^^ was a bad cover