Jason Momoa's Aquaman

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Swaggernaut, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Swaggernaut Active Player

Ok this has been tearing me apart for awhile now. Jason Momoa is a good actor and definitely brings the badass attitude I wanted for Aquaman on the big screen. What disappoints me is that he won't have blonde hair.

Now hold it right there. I know there's more to a character than just his appearance but this seems like a big deal to me. Aside from, I believe it was 9 or so comics, that aquaman had black hair he's always been a blonde superhero and they're taking that away.

I think of Marvel and castings have seemed so perfect (excluding Nicholas Cage as ghost rider). Why can't DC just get on that level with their heroes and villains? Maybe I'm just fanboying too hard but its tearing me apart.

Is this bothering anyone else? Are there heroe and/or villain castings that are bothering you?

Find out next time on DRAGONBALL Z
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Do you feel the same way about The Flash(es) ?
    • Like x 2
  3. Swaggernaut Active Player

I do. I feel this way about a lot of castings. Aquaman is my favorite hero so he's my main concern but the Flash is probably the second biggest mistake in my eyes.

I think the situation is worse with Aquaman being that he won't have a mask at any point like the Flash will. We're stuck staring at who is supposed to be Aquaman when the Flash will actually look right at some ponits.
  4. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Aquaman is DC's version of Wolverine. He will be DC's cash cow. They're gonna milk
    him for all he's worth much like Marvel did with Wolverine. He's getting his own stand
    alone movie much like Wolverine did. Hopefully, his movie won't be another X-men
    Origins: Wolverine. That movie is just terrible. I think we can all agree. Wolverine is
    my favorite Marvel character. Aside from Iron Man and Thor, of course.
  5. Swaggernaut Active Player

Hugh Jackman actually seemed like a good Wolverine though. Aside from his height he pretty much killed the role. I have yet to see how Momoa plays Aquaman but he straight up does not even look like Aquaman. They have the same eyebrows. That's it.
  6. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

I don't care about his hair, but those eyes... *shivers* And if they wanted to make Justice League more fun, why is Aquaman acting like a Game of Thrones reject? Even the New 52 had it rights. "How does it feel to be the worlds least favorite superhero?" :p So why be so... Drogo in the Justice League trailer?
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Because with Batman showing a bit of a sense of humor in the trailers, someone has to be the grumpy/serious/grim person and he lost the rock-paper-scissors match? :D

Don't mind me, I was up earlier than normal today so I'm mildly sleep deprived right now. LOL
  8. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Personally, I like it. Sure, I'd like his hair to be blond, but I can overlook that minor point.
  9. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I think DC prefers not to get on Marvels level because they want to set their own standards and I think that's wonderful. I didn't mind them changing some of the characters, I mean look at Marvel right now, they recently cast two different people as Quicksilver but one is dead, and one lives in his mothers basement as an only child. That was very confusing to me but it just shows people make mistakes all the time. The most important part is that they're bringing our favorite characters alive. They can't pease everyone so there will be things you don't like but if you truly love something enough you don't see its flaws but what it brings to the table. I think if Aquaman is great and the storyline is great people should accept him as that because extremely negative criticism will only prolong the absence of him on the big screen.

Do you understand what I'm supersayin? XD
  10. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Technically a good point, but the Flash was a whole lot funnier than Batman. That meant Batman had to be the grumpy, serious, grim person in that scene. They could rather have had Aquaman be funny and slightly less annoying, and let Batman stay truer to how he's portrayed in Batman v Superman. Changing his personality from movie to movie feels lazy.
  11. Swaggernaut Active Player

Lol I'm picking up what you're putting down. I will support it being that it's his moment but I wish they'd put more into the appearance. His structure is perfect and he has the right character. It was such an easy task to dye his hair and he didn't.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ashrode Well-Known Player

That's not Marvel, it's Fox you need to blame for that one. Do people seriously not understand the difference at this point.

Fox is BAD. Anyone that's ever watched Gotham can tell you that.
  13. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]
    It doesn't seem too different to me, he does have "blonde" highlights.
  14. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I don't care, movies are movies. Fox doesn't own Marvel therefor Marvel should've stepped in and done something about it. Gladly I'm a DC fan so Marvel can kma
  15. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

I don't mind the hair. I do question the tats, though. Maybe they're more than just tattoos, and have some significance to the story besides "this guy has tattoos so he must be a badass." But I doubt it.
  16. Swaggernaut Active Player

Blonde highlights aren't the same. It would be so easy to just finish it.
  17. Ashrode Well-Known Player

And Marvel don't own Fox, so how do you propose they step in and stop them? Marvel cast a Quicksilver so Fox immediately ordered a rewrite and cast their own. Nobody at Marvel knew it was happening until Fox announced it, Every draft they'd been presented with had Juggernaut in it.

As per usual, nobody was willing to bring Fox to question, in fact they sided with Fox purely on the grounds that theirs "looks cool".(abandoning the source material does that sort of stuff).
  18. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Thor's missing helmet, think I saw it on a milk carton
  19. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

TL;DR. Long story short I don't care, it was stupid of Marvel to allow that to happen with THEIR character.
  20. Ashrode Well-Known Player

As I've said already, it had nothing to do with Marvel and they were powerless to stop them.

Stop trying to get one up on them, you obviously don't know what you are talking about. There's a company screwing around Marvel that's also screwing around with DC. It's a common enemy, go after them.