Fixed Increased incidence of game crashes on PS5 during load screens after recent GU

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Dec 10, 2022.

1. Random Mind Dedicated Player

A question.... is the fix for the hard crashes of the PS5 or is it a fix for the crashes caused by warping/ switching characters? If you fix the warping crashes, you solve both issues.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The fix is for the warping and we do believe it will solve crashes on both PS5 and PS4.

This in-depth of a fix requires a full game update to deploy *and* it requires significant testing, which is why we expect it to launch with our next game update in February.
    • Like x 4
  3. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Here's hoping....

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. mynch457 Well-Known Player

1/28/2023 - 11:15 AM CST...I had yet another hard crash (green screen) not liking having to wait until Feb 8th for the fix for hard crashing.
  5. Big-Daddy_Serius New Player

Think it's the anniversary event cause the freeze and the over extent of crashes I'm on ps5 us and I getting tired of these crash warping or even reading it getting old yall need to try and fix this plz
  6. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

This game is unplayable on PS5. I have 6 characters, playing only 3 currently and just from the dailies in Kahndaq I get 2 or 3 crashes.
    Every time I change phase or teleport there's a chance the game will crash. Sometimes the game closes and I can just restart it, but sometimes it actually shuts down my PS5, like if it got unplugged from the wall, it opens the repair window when I turn it back on.

Now that's annoying, but what's even worse is when I was in an alert and died. When I pressed the button to respawn it simply crashed. Teleporting from where I was to another place IN THE SAME MAP AND IN THE SAME PHASE made my PS5 shut down and open the repair screen.

Is this game on beta on something? Cause this issue has been happening for months. Are you guys working into a fix? Or is it one of those problems you're just "pushing forward" you finally decide to fix? I'm really considering finally giving up and uninstalling.
    Just today I had 4 crashes, 2 of them shutting down my PS5.All I did was dailies in Kahndaq with 3 characters, a solo and an alert (well, half of it) in 1 of them. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't crash this much.
  7. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I looked in the Update Notes and didn't see any notes about about the Warping/Switching Character bug fix. Was it included in this update?
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It was. Please let us know if you continue to crash.
    • Like x 2
  9. Random Mind Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Our initial data shows a significant reduction in crashes.
    • Like x 2
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I haven’t experienced any crashes yet. In fact some areas actually feel smoother which feels odd. Haven’t checked all vendors or all forms of mass “buying” but on the vendors I did use I was able to buy items back to back without the game stuttering and slowing down buying. There is still an issue if stuttering while queuing up thou. By que I mean hitting the accept or que option when someone selects a content to que into.
  12. Kestral Committed Player

SFFE every time we wiped last boss on 2/3/23 multiple people were getting disconnected. I suspect all PS4 players but can not confirm. It was not the best group so we wiped more then a few times and without fail several people would disconnect and have to be invited back.

It's honestly about the same as it was way back when we used to hold the disconnected persons space in the group to give them time to reconnect and automatically be back in the instance on re-log. SFFE seems to be specifically a bad map for this and no change was noted from pre update to after implementation.
  13. LunaLongbottom New Player

I have been having no luck getting past the initial loading screen with Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Flash. I am on PS5 and since noon yesterday I have not been able to do anything but select my character (tried all including alts multiple times). The cog in the bottom right corner is spinning so I'm not frozen. Mepps? Anyone? Know what I need to do? I debated uninstalling and reinstalling, but I don't want to risk losing anything.
  14. 0xDJBx0 Well-Known Player

Just Hard Crashed on PS5 for the first time since the update:

12.53AM UK Time, EU Server
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You won't lose anything trying a reinstall. If that doesn't work, please open a ticket with our team for troubleshooting at https://help.dcuniverseonline.com.