Fixed Increased incidence of game crashes on PS5 during load screens after recent GU

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Dec 10, 2022.

1. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

Just managed to do bounty hunt t5-t6 with a group EU PS5 had 4 crashes in last hour had to keep asking for invite back to group. Some when using teleporter and others were while the load screen was up just froze for a while then crashed out. Had several crashes every day this week, after so many per day just give up and play something else.
    • Like x 1
  2. Grim931 Committed Player

Just had a hard crash on PS5, had to repair the system and external hard drive. Screen went green like others have stated, and this happened when warping from Gotham to HoL.

Had a few minor crashes up until this point, one happened when warping into an Alert.

Has this been identified yet? Been going on for a while now and seems to be affecting more people.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

One-off crash today around 7:11PM UK time on EU PS5 after using the warp menu to teleport to House of Legends from a lair.

Also had numerous crashes yesterday but it was Christmas so I didn't bother reporting.
    • Like x 1
  4. MrK Active Player

Having multiple issues on ps5 with dcuo.
    Adds dissapearing into the ground. Crashes on teleporting. Black screen and complete shutdown of ps5 console.
    Can't even send crash reports cause of this.
    Any idea's when this going to be resolved?
    • Like x 1
  5. xXlNesTlXx Well-Known Player

Same issue here
    • Like x 1
  6. KillahBags Level 30

I've crashed on ps5 this morning alone around 10 to 15 times going in teleporters or into my base, Its pretty much unplayable at this point
    • Like x 1
  7. Srchill99999 New Player

Ps5 here, I posted about this in another thread, this morning alone, I’ve dc’d twice, once relocating my base and the 2nd time just logging on a toon. They need to shut this game down for a few months a just start over at this point, I mean I know that isn’t going to happen but something has got to give, this is ridiculous.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Had a one-off crash at approximately 6:01PM UK time on EU PS5 after selecting Warp Rally from the Map menu while in BOP: Metropolis. (from where you fight the Metahuman bounty)
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

One-off crash at approximately 11:16AM today (UK time) after logging into a character. (Character was located in Infernal Kahndaq, crash occurred at end of load screen). EU PS5.

Had only been on another character for a few minutes previously after launching the game for the first time today.
    • Like x 1
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

PS4 has been experiencing more frequent disconnect/crash as well. Always/only when warping.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Yeah, It's pretty bad.
  12. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Always when teleporting or rallying after a K.O.
    Lost count today how many times it's happened. Game is nearly unplayable on ps4.
  13. Pandeth New Player

US/PS5

Lost count myself,I can tell you it wass 7 between a few weeks at end of nOV AAND EARLY DEC. 2 RECENT HARD CRASHES, ONE KAST NIGHT AND ANOTTHER 20 MINS AGO. I have had several crashes (game and system). IK, going into base, ooonce at HoL tele, once iin foyer, a few times at base tel, transporting to Gotham, once at the end of a raid. GM Dunbar asked me to delete my save files on console abd crashing got worse.

whays the update on this?
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have another potential fix ready to deploy with our next update, next week.
    • Like x 5
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

it acts like a memory leak, generally wont happen until after several warps and if you log off after every say 6 warps and relog the problem kind of goes away.

but get 10 or 12 warps in with out reloging your risking green screen
    • Like x 1
  16. Pandeth New Player

Thanks for update
  17. Pandeth New Player

Its only been a day and a half, but i deleed my console save and the game and reinstalled without pulling the save from the cloud and things are ok, will update if I have more crashes
  18. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

Anyone else getting a complete PS5 system crash from DCUO or is it just me.
    • Like x 1
  19. Roocck Committed Player

My screen turns black then green before it shuts my PS5 completely off, this happens when transporting. When this happens I need to literally turn the PS5 on by hitting the button on the console, controller will not work. This is a real problem and should be looked into and fixed before it breaks someone’s console. I believe this should be a priority. Getting to the point where It is very annoying. Please fix this known issue before it destroys someone’s PS5…
    • Like x 1
  20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

A few more crash reports (all on EU PS5)

Exact times are approximate.

Last night (06/01/23)

10:37PM UK time - one-off crash when teleporting to House Of Legends from Patchwork Themyscira.

10:47PM UK time - one-off crash when warp rallying while in Flashpoint Gotham City (from where you fight Paradox Prince back to Mission Hub)

Today (07/01/23)

10:33AM UK time - one-off crash when teleporting back to House of Legends from Infernal Kahndaq. (Had only been online for the first time today a few minutes earlier)
    • Like x 1