If so many players hate the census apps...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Petralka Well-Known Player

It doesn't see like you guys understand at all :confused:
  2. Volkenraider Loyal Player

So have others and they can chose who to run with - they paid for the game so if they want CR 109 SP 196 for FOS1 then so be it

How about running older content that you blatantly skipped?
    • Like x 5
  3. Volkenraider Loyal Player

We do, it just got to the point where nothing new is being said so its time to make jokes
  4. FESTER665 Devoted Player

And like I've said multiple times, as long as the data isn't skewed and we don't lose a raid in WoTL2 because they were busy building in an opt out feature, then I'm all for it......

What do I want, accurate census data and some content for the game. Don't lose either of those and I'm all for whatever options you want. All I've said is those who complain about getting kicked from pug groups because of their stats will still be getting kicked if they're showing "Private" as their stats when inspected.

You could take BRITTENY who is max SP and one of 8 people on the PS to finish the SM, if she got into a pug group and her stats were listed as private she would get kicked by the guy who is hell bent on seeing the stats.
    • Like x 2
  5. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Or you could give us your toon name, we could look at your feats list, and probably help you get your SP up and give you an idea of what stuff to start knocking out to raise it the fastest....

But the app is only used for evil, so that'll never happen. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  6. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Exactly, and he would be missing out big time and she would most likely find another group on the spot.

And yes, I don't want content to be pushed back either (although I don't get why we are told that different teams do different things, and now, because of all that has been going on, the team that makes content is also the team that makes the UI... but I digress) and I do agree there's plenty of information in there that is interesting. I was kinda shocked to see the power set distribution. Who would have known that Fire was so popular? That is information that could be put to good use. With so many Fire users, how does it keep getting pushed back with so many requests for a significant tank revamp, for example. But does it matter to know that there is a fire user named XxxdaFlamexxX?
  7. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Well Kal people also pay for the game and for privacy. Hence why personal attacks are against the terms and agreements, this App would be absolutely fine if there were a privacy option..
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

If you start allowing people to opt out, then you remove them from being able to use any sort of app, whether official or 3rd party. It also creates holes when data needs to be compared between players who aren't opted out and those who are.

For example, an app which shows your league. Null data would be returned for those opted out. Or invisible names. It would look ridiculous.

If you are an opted out player and you use an app, it'll return an error message because you've opted out, therefore the software can't retrieve/find your data. Plus, considering how ruthless people are on App marketplaces in reviews with their "1 STAR DOESNT WORK ON MY PHONE. WORSE THAN HITLER" reviews, it'd be bad for business.
  9. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Exactly the point. People who base people strictly off stats they can see will still be doing it regardless if it's "inspect in the watchtower" or "inspect in the instance" or "inspect in the app" or "inspect with the new UI".... Those people won't be taking people into their group that are listed as private...

Then we'll get treated to threads "I wasn't allowed in a group because I'm set to private" instead of "I wasn't allowed into a group because I'm at 60SP".

I'm not sure about the different teams do different things line either, I'm just going with what Mepps mentioned since he's in the office daily and not me. I know the census team is an entirely different group though, so it drives me crazy when people confuse the two of them.
  10. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I think this goes to the "IF is the biggest two letter word in the dictionary" line.... IF it's possible to have people opt out and not skew results I would be fine with them adding it as long as it doesn't cost us content. Personally we've already lost enough functionality of the app with people getting login times blocked. I don't want to see more lost.
    • Like x 3
  11. Petralka Well-Known Player

Wait I thought you were against the Opt Out Option just like the rest of the group :confused:?
  12. Volkenraider Loyal Player

There is no private information being accessed

Stats, SP, CR etc aren't private information
    • Like x 3
  13. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Not at all. If they can add an opt out, without the data being skewed and we don't miss out on content because they were working on it too long then have at it....

Just know those who PuG will still be judged just as much by being "private" as they do by being 108CR/60SP. Actually they may be judged even worse.
    • Like x 1
  14. RSL New Player

do those exploration feats, do the duos, the solos. don't just create a character and skip everything to get to the top tier. there's a lot of fun to be had in these instances. you're not playing to have all the fun you can if you skip everything only to play the top tier. and yes, play how you want but do not forget... we can play how WE want which may mean leaving you out. form your own group... no problem.
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

They certainly aren't anymore.
    • Like x 1
  16. RSL New Player

wow. stretching much? ;) but that's still the rights of the people making such a group.
  17. same Johnny Dedicated Player

If this happens (and yes, I'm pretty sure it will), those people need to be told on the spot it's because of their decision. There's a consequence to everything, they want their privacy, they risk the exclusion and will have to deal with it.

But we'll see what happens. Replied privately to you on this matter and I think what I have to say is pretty much there. Now back to removing myself from the argument until I see another "constructive" post about how only low CR/ low SP are against the info... ;)
  18. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Combat Rating and Skill Points are consider private information because they couldn't be accessed by players before this. Personally, I feel like my privacy was invaded. People can see everything about you now, the only thing you can't see are the styles, but I'm sure Sore will have that covered in no time.
  19. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Yeah, get outta here and leave this thread to us pro-app elitists. :p:D
  20. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Hold on Seth fair is fair, you never owned it. No one here ever "owns" their game information. You gave anything that looked like a right to that information the moment you logged into any Sony game.

Not according to the ToS. Try reading it first. Not the date it was created, not your friends list. Not your ignore list, time played, or the color of your shoes.
    • Like x 1