If so many players hate the census apps...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Sep 16, 2014.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

and how can you define how knowledgeable they are?
  2. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Lol before the app I ran with a guy in SB that was hit so hard by barda's ae that I was using a spatula to scrape him off the wall. Literally knocked him so hard up into the air that he was dead by the time he hit the wall. It happened repeatedly. I was the one healing. I prolly woulda looked him up on the app.

That first part I'd really enjoyed disputing that all day long I really enjoy it. That second part on the other hand, well I dont see any reason why they cant exclude that.

Though I agree with you Radiohead, they are allowed their opinion, no matter how wrong they are. :p I really wish they'd put in a counter on how many times your character was looked up or a "OPT Out" button.
    • Like x 1
  3. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Exactly. I think Mepps said it best....

That said, showing SP and CR is absolutely intended, and something we know will make the game better for everyone in the long run. Many of you are concerned about players in LFG or shouting for groups and the requirements they might set (and be able to enforce). We completely understand the concern, but think the high requirements are a response to not being able to actually see information about other characters. Beyond that, those people have as much right to play the game how they want and with (or not with) whoever they want, as much as you do. You're not entitled entry into someone else's group.
    • Like x 5
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Not entirely. For all we know, that 85 SP player would have performed equally to the player he/she was replaced by. There is certainly a strong possibility of that happening if that 85 SP player was at all skilled.

Also, saying that other people's arguments are irrelevant just because you disagree with them does not help further a discussion.
    • Like x 2
  5. Radiohead New Player

the "example" is irrelevant. tbh any "example" like this that has no evidence to back it is irrelevant and does not further a discussion.
  6. Petralka Well-Known Player

The devs decided to take a different direction with this census app and I as well took another direction :D but maybe things wouldn't be so bad with this app, I'm pretty sure this is gonna help the community for good :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  7. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

So, what the OP is saying is that it is now in our hands to eradicate the elitists.

"Mans aggression cannot be tempered. Only quelled."
  8. Volkenraider Loyal Player

That he outdamaged a l33t :p
  9. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Last sentence ftw lol
  10. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Yes BUT one of these anti app people made the statement : "The elitists now have another tool to use as an excuse to kick people or exclude people from a group." They didnt need another excuse.

I agree with that.

The problem as I see it though is they'll just find another reason, they did before.
    • Like x 1
  11. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I'm fond of the last two sentences myself. :D

I'm just tired of everyone assuming this app is all doom and gloom, and it's only use is for "elitists" to be even more "elitist".....

Of every group I've been in since the app has been out, we have used it exactly ZERO times to kick anyone from a group.... As a matter of fact we used it one time to help a guy go through Necro for the first time while explaining the mechanics of the fight to him.

What a bunch of elitist jerks. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  12. RSL New Player

uhhhh no. that's not at all what i was saying. i was saying if don't think SP are important and are insulted by not being allowed in groups where people do... form your own group. problem solved.
    • Like x 1
  13. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Why did you explain him the mechanics? Us pro apper l33ts must laugh at those beneath us because their stats are not worthy of our groups... By being helpful and allowing them in your group you are preventing the transformation of fellow future l33ts :eek: shame on you man

People will always find excuses man, regardless of the app or not

anit appers are the saints that keep DCUO together, don't you forget that ;)
  14. RSL New Player

winter13 has 170+ SP though... and we were never told the SP of the pug he outDPS'd. there's nowhere near enough info to make this a meaningful story.
  15. Volkenraider Loyal Player

summary of the story ^ xD
  16. ThatGuyLee Committed Player

the funny thing is i've noticed that some of the people against the app have or had their toons names with their SP in their signatueres.......ironic huh?
    • Like x 1
  17. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Ohh ok. Gotcha, that makes sense. I agree again. I always form groups and pugs aren't that bad, it just depends on luck.
    • Like x 1
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I think this is the most activate portal for Census data discussion going on at the moment so with that being said:

Devs, please can you re-enable character creation date and last log in information? These harmless pieces of data are basically putting a huge handicap on many possibilities that the Census data allows us to use it for.

Nobody is using this information to stalk players nor is it an invasion of privacy. If a player hated another play so much that they stalked them that badly, they'd use other methods currently available in the game such as adding that player to friends lists.

Please re-allow this data.
    • Like x 1
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

That's their choice. Having their stats displayed through the app is not. That's the point many are making.
  20. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Its not their choice to make
    • Like x 2