If so many players hate the census apps...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Sep 16, 2014.

1. RSL New Player

it's their decision not to get more SP yet try to only play the top content as well.
  2. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I agree, but really the devs have closed the main thread because they have all the information they want.... People are just failing to read between the lines.:)
    • Like x 1
  3. Petralka Well-Known Player

Hopefully they come up with a solution because I'm not planning comeback until then :(
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Things have actually calmed down considerably since the first day. I haven't seen the app mentioned on USPC in several days. I really think it was more a matter of jerks having a new way to be jerks, so they took advantage of it until the newness faded or the GMs removed/suspended their accounts.

Hopefully it was the latter; that behavior has no place in a game that is supposed to help people de-stress, not find new ways to stress.
  5. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I think you've seen the plan. The apps aren't going anywhere anytime. They're going to add more information to the inspection function in game, and they're going to be releasing an official app.

I think that they'll leave off the information they have disabled temporarily, but other than that what you see now is what you get. If that's too much for you then you'll have to decide if you can live with that or if it's "too much info" and move on at that point.
    • Like x 2
  6. RSL New Player

"he would" is entirely as fictional as "he won't". you surely aren't saying that all players with low SP and desire to hide are better players than those with higher SP. well, honestly mebbe you are. denial isn't just a river in egypt. and this forum is full of players for whom less is really better than more.
  7. Petralka Well-Known Player

Oh I know but never though it will get this far :cool:
  8. Volkenraider Loyal Player

It isn't constructive really, but I do agree that RSL has a point, If you don't like the crazy demands make the group yourself

Then it spun again to the same debate which has been going back and forth with the same points being risen, having a bit of a laugh at the situation is bound to happen

All points are clear to both sides I guess
    • Like x 1
  9. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

That'd be a shame, can I ask, do you play any other MMO's? Just about all of them supply this much info and more. Do you have any idea how much information is available out there on the internet with just your (real)name? Comments you've made in the past? Its astounding. You'd basically have to live a cash only life as a hermit.
    • Like x 1
  10. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Huh? You lost me on that one.....

I'm saying the guy who is using numbers to decide who he wants in his group will continue to do so. The people who "opt out" or set to "private" will not be getting in his group anyway....

I'm not saying anything about who's a better player or anything like that?
    • Like x 1
  11. same Johnny Dedicated Player

You would think that, yes, but no, people still feel they need to add more threads on the matter. And I'm saying that for both sides. Like Fester is saying up there, decisions were most likely already made, just not disclosed yet...
    • Like x 1
  12. Petralka Well-Known Player

My sister's is the one that helps me pay ffor most MMO's and yes I do play other MMO's game like Guild wars, Onigari, FFXIV AR, Mabinogi and I know how much information is available, but I never have such problem compared to the DCUO and I have never give my real information in the internet because my sister will end up killing me for that xD
  13. Petralka Well-Known Player

I'll give it some time and see how it works
    • Like x 1
  14. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Just like WM, I too think the decision was made as well

Gonna have to wait and see... Whats driving me nuts is no news about GU41
    • Like x 3
  15. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Don't worry, I don't just assume that everyone pro app is a jerk, far from it.
    • Like x 2
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It would help if people responded respectfully to the points made on both sides. I see points on both sides, and I agree (to an extent) with most of those points. The points I disagree with are my own personal choice to have an opinion, but that does not make those points invalid.

Having people attack one another is what has led some to feel their points are not being considered. That is not helping the discussion come to a conclusion because it is breeding animosity instead.
    • Like x 2
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ok, maybe I'm just tired and frustrated from work, maybe I'm just tired of parts of the discussion. Either one is a distinct possibility. But three words keep coming to mind whenever I hear folks talking about how the data shouldn't be skewed and must be kept intact.

Forget that noise.

Okay, so that's not exactly what I'd say, but I'm not tired enough to risk a forum violation over what I'd really say. ;)

Anyhow, it's like folks forget there are people behind that data, people who can be affected by the use or misuse of that data. The concerns and misgivings of those people and others who might be affected by the data use should not be trumped or disregarded by a perceived need for pure data. At times I almost expect to see statements like, "We must have the datas....we MUST...it is precious to us....GOLLUM! GOLLUM!" :p

People are far more precious in my view than data. Given a choice between people and the data, the data can take a flying leap for all I care.
    • Like x 1
  18. same Johnny Dedicated Player

Agree with pretty much everything, yes. It's the human nature to disregard one another that is fuelling this "war". We all have the right to voice our opinion, when constructive, and the ones to blame here are those who come in attacking on the spot.

The only reason that makes me say I feel adding more threads to this discussion is pointless is the firm belief that a decision has been made by the powers that be and that the new UI will have many of the features presented in both apps. Including CR, SP, stats and date of creation, at the very least.

But we will see. At no point did I mean to be disrespectful to any side when saying that adding to the discussion is pointless.
  19. Draco8573 New Player

what people dont realize is that the majority of dcuo players do not visit the forums, meaning they will only hear of the census apps if someone tells them. There is no need for people to freak out they are just doing it anyway. I also think that people need to get over the whole sp thing. Yes sp helps stats but no SP does not make you good by itself. Ive said before that I have 104 or something SP and I can troll just as well as my 144 sp friend because i know how to play my role.
  20. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

The App is a tool and like all tools it can be used for positive and negative purposes. I'm actually using it to see what group feats league mates need to get and make arrangements to get them. I want to see everyone in my league become the best they can. You don't have to be an "elitist" to appreciate the benefits of the App. The App has been talked about for at least 1 year and a few people I know have been looking forward to its release for the same reason that I'm using it for.

We all agreed to the ToS saying that everything we do in this game and our toons are the property of SOE. I actually want to know how long I've spent playing this game, I have a rough idea, but I'd like to know the exact figure; I have friends and family that want the same info for their toons as well. There isn't any private or personal information being released by this App either, the only data we see are those regarding our toons, there is nothing about us personally being shown at all. This App also shows nothing more than any other MMO or other on-line game shows.

It has already been stated by Mepps that they meant for SP and CR to be made public on inspection for a while. IMO the only reasons people are now complaining about this App are either because they or a friend are being outed and excluded, or are just upset with the newest thing. I actually wonder if people would have bought or kept playing this game if the App would've been available on launch day.

For those that are being excluded for having low SP, there are a lot of SP to be gained from lower tiered content that are easy to get now that you are over geared for it. I got 99% of my feats at the proper tier, because I didn't skip content to get to endgame ( my main was built December 2011) we had different Marks for each Tier and there weren't Replay Badges either. Other games have a much higher level cap than we do, our level after 30 is our CR and SP.
    • Like x 5