If so many players hate the census apps...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Sep 16, 2014.

1. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Seemed to be doing fine when I was on over the weekend. In any case, I give it another week or two of Destiny before people start making their way back.... Same thing happened when GTA-V came out as well, slowed down a little then it wore off... You know WAY before the app. Heck, even Jens has been on Destiny a bunch. It's new, it's shiny, kinda like the app. It'll wear off.

I don't know how they can stand playing Destiny though with the app on it and all. :rolleyes:
  2. Volkenraider Loyal Player

That Accidental Perfection thread is coming soon, once safehouse comes out and AP feat drives me nuts who knows what might happen. Actually even if I get it by some random miracle I will make a thread cause its ridiculous.

Yeah with 191 SP you wouldn't be getting in my groups just so you know :p I'm pro app which means only those worthy enough of my stats can join my groups, everyone else is a scrub xD

:eek: you mean witch! I better take you off ignore before bad stuff starts happening
  3. FESTER665 Devoted Player

That AP feat is driving me nuts. A bunch of guys in the league got it the one time I had to go to a family function and they PuG'ed a tank... :mad:

As for PvP feats... Ugh. I just stink at PvP and try to force myself to do them. I tried running Arenas and even in full 89 tank gear cycling shields I seem to get ripped through... I dunno, maybe the next season coming up with make it feel different...
  4. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Yeah 2 in my league got it with PUGs, man we were all jelly xD

If you were on EUPS I would gladly run PVP feats with ya.. Try and do some legends first to get the mechanics right cause they really do help and then just practice your role. Thing is a pure tank with a tank movement debuff on him is weaker than paper

Season 3 will deffo bring back some balance so you should have a bit more fun... You can always get wins on legends so that helps too (not sure if all maps apply)
    • Like x 1
  5. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I have a bunch done on Legends already.... Just need 50 on Batcaves and 50 on Ace and I'm done with those.... The majority are Arenas and Last Laugh stuff. I didn't notice any debuffs on my toon at the time, but I'll keep an eye out for that more as well. I'm working on my elemental android set right now but in DPS stance to see if that'll make PvP a little more fun for me.
  6. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Cute lizard. No if you listed how many times you ignore someone else? That might simply illustrate how old your account is and it doesnt differentiate people humans and gold seller bots. If it listed how many times your ignored then there's 2 problems.

1st is 1 person could ignore you up to 16 times.
    2nd is People may not invite you to groups or even leagues because of the number of people you have on ignore.

They may not take into consideration the amount of time you've played the shear number of hours. I mean, my ignore list cant be anywhere near as long as someone whose played since beta and also the amount of people ignoring me.
  7. HealerT New Player

I for one am all for the census app. It helps keep everyone honest in the game. Other games have the same and it has worked wonders for keeping things in order. I am sorry if many of you disagree but I am also one of those in favor of blocking walkins because new players are not learning the game and dont have experience. At least with the app i can get an idea of their knowledge of the game.
  8. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I like checking it for feats to see who lying to me about getting a feat. Only one person I know who lies all the time. He cannot lie to his league members anymore though.
  9. kawe Loyal Player

Ye, even if you don't start a thread somebody will. If Time Traveller get's em, APerfection will too.

Oh, is that so? Well, take a look at LFG and try. Make a group. Just try. :cool:
    Besides, my toons are way to pretty for your group. HA!

(I think we heavily slide off-topic, sorry)
    • Like x 1
  10. Radiohead New Player

• Like x 2
  11. kawe Loyal Player

More or less the same can be said about the pro app faction. The most vocal pro app-ers are the same in each thread. But it's clearly to see that both sides are equally fighting. Well, from my observation.
    I'd prefer if both sides would work more together. :/
    • Like x 2
  12. Volkenraider Loyal Player

I'll wait till this app rant blows over and I'll start the Accidental Perfection campaign 1/35 is just as good as playing roulette and even worse odds than playing russian roulette lol

If they give me the choice between russian roulette and AP ill go straight for that revolver ^^

Calling my groups ugly then :O ... yeah were deffo getting off topic xD Join the pro app movement Pen, ill give you cookies!
  13. Flightboy New Player

I still don't understand why anyone would want to "opt" out. I don't understand how any privacy is truly being breached... I mean as many have said in the past I can inspect you do some simple math to figure out your CR (pvp/pve) and stats. Letting me see your SP just made another small addition to what I can already find in game... o_O

Sure people can get harassed by it, but there are many ways people harass others in game. Report and be done... Or add to ignore. As far as who used to lie about their CR/SP to get into groups. That's too bad you have to be honest with yourself and others now... Not really though I HATE liars of all forms...

The changes made to app are fine ( IMO no changes needed to be made but whateves :p)... I think some of you need to relax and ADAPT to what we now have.
  14. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

I'm not aware of any problem with that feat is it bugged?

Lol lets just not go there. I've disagreed with Winter on this from the go. He's allowed his side and I'm allowed to be RIGHT. I dont agree with him over the app He feels that it should be an option as to whether or not to participate. I do agree he should have that option.

"Checkbox" to make it private.
    • Like x 2
  15. Radiohead New Player

i see your point and I agree. The real point I was trying to make is that the fighting is only on the forums. Usually when the community disagrees with something I read about it in Trade chat (USPS) but I haven't seen anyone spamming chat opposing it like they did before WM was released.
    • Like x 1
  16. kawe Loyal Player

Most game related fights are happening in the forum only, in-game ppl only complain if something is bugged. Once again, just my observation. xD
    WM was a big thing, it had a stream, WIPS and all that, the app only had hints about it like a year back, and now it popped up in this forum only.
    Lot's of ppl just don't know yet that the app exists. May that because they are on a break for destiny or it simply didn't cross their radar.
    So far I've only actively seen this app being used once in a raid, and it ended with ppl blaming and making fun of the tank for his SP after a wipe, even tho he said he was lagging. (he really was, he was warping on my screen but they didn't believe him) With or without the app, the blame game would have caused a victim. But the blame-game feels more rude that way. ):

I wonder how the general community in-game would react if the app, or let's say the census data, was made public in a big way. The (active) forumites are a small percentage compared to the mass of casual players this game has. Forumites are generally more involved with the game compared to a true casual and thus are in leagues, or have friends or generally know how to look after themselves. They aren't much affected of any aspect of making gear related stats public. But the broad casual pug community might react different.
    I can imagine 3 scenarios:
    one, ppl like it.
    two, ppl don't like it
    three, it encourages ppl to work on their stats. (which would be a middle thing of one and two, ppl work on their stats to not be looked down on and like it for comparing purposes)
    None of that are facts of course, just my assumptions. Might be totally wrong here.
  17. Anilyst New Player

Because the people who are getting kicked are clearly entitled to every raid group that other people set up of course.
    • Like x 1
  18. Radiohead New Player

I wish!!! lol jk ;) ... but seriously:cool:
  19. Ben Panced Level 30

:eek: I wasn't aware chairs wore clothing of any sort...

To address a point made earlier (to lazy to find it), both sides of the current disagreement have acted childishly. Sadly, there is a belief (correct or not), that one side is being treated more harshly than the other - furthering suspicion of the existence of a bias.

Anyhoo, for those who are interested - here's a time-line to look at:

20140904, Thur- Official SOE Forums - Beta data made available
    20140905, Wed - Official SOE Forums - Concerns raised about lack of opt out etc.
    20140907, Sun - Official SOE Forums - First mention (that I have seen) about consultation with EverQuest II and PlanetSide 2 fansites being engaged with prior to public release.
    20140908, Mon 11:54am - DCUO Forums - First post on forums with Bytecode's site
    20140908, Mon 12:35am - DCUO Forums - Mepps comments "Awesome Job!" on thread about Bytecode's site
    20140910, Wed 01.39pm - DCUO Forums - Mepps apologised for lack of warning etc.

That's 6 days between the data being available, and an offical announcement. There is also mention that CR and SPs have always been intended to be visible....to which I say "why didn't you bloody well mention this in the numerous threads about SP inspection"?

Food for thought, or fuel for the fire.
    • Like x 2
  20. JSnaples Committed Player

I've noticed most the people who hate the App are people with 80 sp and 100 cr..and then they make up excuses like "This is a new Psn"
    "This isn't my main"
    "I can't afford replay badges"
    "SP isn't needed anymore"
    and so many other ridiculous excuses
    I will say though, half the people who claim they are "beast" players are the main people with low skill points..
    Let's just say my ignore list has gotten bigger since the app came out
    I'm curious how many people have been made fun of for their SP so far..
    I like the app myself, I see nothing wrong with it..if Weapon Mastery didn't encourage people to go get sp then maybe this will
    • Like x 1