If so many players hate the census apps...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Sep 16, 2014.

1. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I said the same thing last week... People were on here screaming that the app abuse was running rampant in the game, I never even keep the LFG channel up when I'm on because I hate it scrolling non-stop, but I left it up for 15 minutes during peak time on the hero side of USPS and not once did a single person say anything about the app in LFG or Shout.
    • Like x 4
  2. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

Then i need to get my SP up....LOL I link in my sig, im not hiding anything.

If they want a group of 160+ that is their choice. People can choose to play with whoever they want. Im not going to cry about it....
    • Like x 1
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It was pretty crazy the first 24 hours or so on USPC. People have easier access to the app on PC, especially if they have two monitors. I haven't really seen anything since then, though. I'm probably the only person I know who was aware of its existence until I passed it along to my friends and league-mates. I've only used the app out of curiosity, but I have yet to use it as a reason to kick anyone. I let performance/attitude dictate my kicks.
  4. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

What about the idea of a counter Winter? And did you actually look at the newest version of the app? Very helpful. I can look up the feats I wanna chase.
  5. FameYack Committed Player

I amuse myself with many ridiculous statistics,
    I don't know why but i think is a fun reading,

I have opposition towards the Readines of it use for Profiles without Players Input,
    I love to have all those numbers for me to see and simply for my own amusing,

Sharing (serve it in a silver plate) to low performer, narcissists and unknowledgable players is what i totally dislike
    • Like x 3
  6. kawe Loyal Player

On EUPS we don't have gold sellers, one thing that makes us better. muahahaha
    I didn't mean to show individual player's ignore list, but rather a counter on how many ignore list someone is. Like "Pen Drossel is on xx ignore lists and has xx people ignored"
    I's anonymous enough imho. Maybe displaying friendlist counters that way is ok too. Statistical counter, no names. That's how I like it. xD

From what I've seen so far those who are close to being paranoid had experienced situations that let them become sensitive about their information. Mainly females if I may say so (guessing tho). Females ARE preyed on online. In the silliest and most stupid ways. Most have been given a reason to be sensitive about seemingly simple things. It sadly is a thing, and it sadly isn't understood by many.
    • Like x 2
  7. FESTER665 Devoted Player

No, but people are usually quoting forum violations, discussing moderation, trolling, etc. I've had opinions against the devs MANY times (so much myself and my brothers were referred to as "uppity" in a AskDCUO segment) and yet I have never been banned on here or in the game....

If people on here were able to "read between the lines" they would stop asking for opt outs, no app, or their stats and numbers not to show up upon inspection in the game. :D
  8. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Shes wrong, DC INFINITE is the best league on EUPS

Yeah I literally got nothing to do lol, Scrims are unplayable cause PVP is broken till GU41.. got every feat but Accidental Perfection which I'm even grinding to no success and I play on my villain daily and run the alerts which takes me about 2 hours in total

Work is quite chilled atm too so I come on here and support the greatness of this App :)

EDIT: Refering to your comment above Pen Drossel is on my Ignore list now :p so you got 1 counter tick there xD
  9. winter13 New Player

If you were using a tool specifically for the purpose of weeding out those you perceived as weak, would you tell everyone? I doubt it very much.
    • Like x 6
  10. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

Damnit DEVS where's the thumbs down button??? I see the thumbs up,not the thumbs down!! but it's completely unfair that they dont get the BENEFIT of the gold sellers. Can we export half of ours to EU? And then the other half to those PS players?

That ignore idea sounds really really bad, very negative.

As far as the Female "issue" (notice I didnt say "problem" :p) There are so many guys out there dressing as women, the very idea of stalking them would scare the hell outta me.
    • Like x 1
  11. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Same here... I have used the app the most to give other league mates a hard time in group text messages. It actually got one guy to start playing again because I took a screenshot and sent it to him on FB showing him his last log in date.... Now he is back and looking for another PS4 to get the new GF playing as well.I sent our healer a text with a screen shot of his toon saying his 143sp was why I dropped in a raid, etc...

I have yet to look up anyone I'm actually playing with in the game since all content I've run has gone smoothly. Why waste my time looking them up if the run is going just fine?

I have looked up the people on here who are so adamant to get this thing closed to see if there was something they were just not wanting people to see, and 99% of them had numbers that looked perfectly fine.... I dunno. [shrug]
    • Like x 1
  12. winter13 New Player

I have checked out the more recent rendition of the app. It is clear that Sore has put a lot of effort into it. Having said that, I still feel it is negatively impacting players game experience, and I'm simply asking for my toon names to be set to private. I don't really think that is an unreasonable request. That would still allow all the data miners to play around with the data as much as they want.
    • Like x 2
  13. FESTER665 Devoted Player

According to everyone on here it was rampant, people were saying "108CR 150+SP, will check app" or "hey ______ get your SP up you scrub.." etc. I saw none of it.

I wouldn't use the app to form a group myself, but if people want to use it and set requirements for their groups their putting together, that's their choice. Who am I to tell anyone how to set up their group ?!??!
    • Like x 1
  14. kawe Loyal Player

No am nawt! o:

I stopped hunting feats. I still work on them, But I they lost the thrill for me they once had. So I'm way behind. But hey, check your loved app and see for yourself. lmao Leave a comment in the guest book.
    I'm still waiting on your Accidental Perfection thread!

You can't ignore me... I'm on your mind now... like a curse. ° v °
    • Like x 1
  15. Twilight Man New Player

Its a good thing these forums dont represent the majority of players. Its been chaos on here since the app was shared in a thread.
    • Like x 2
  16. winter13 New Player

ll provide another example of how the app is being used. I spoke with someone yesterday that is 108cr and he said he uses the app when he puts groups together for t6 content. He watches lfg and then checks the names that pop up in the app with his phone to see if they meet his standards. Oh, he doesn't tell the people in the group he is doing this by the way.

As has been noted, the person putting together a group has the right to make whatever requirements they want. In my opinion, this is utter foolishness, but that is what the app allows players to do now. Do what you want, put your group together however you want, but please take my toon names out of it.
    • Like x 2
  17. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

And people werent doing this before the app? When asked some lied ofcourse, I never lied about something like that. I want your eyes wide open...as I let you die and you stare at the ceiling thinking....damn this healer SUX.
    • Like x 2
  18. FESTER665 Devoted Player

As fast as the names scroll and people get scooped up from LFG I would be there for a week trying to get a group together if I tried to scan every person in the LFG....

Super Troller1234: 108 troller looking for Lockdown....

"sweet, we need a troll, let me look him up in the app...." Okay, his numbers look great, let me look for him in recent text.... Oh wait he's way at the bottom of the list now.... Invite Super Troller1234.... Super Troller1234 is already in a group.
    • Like x 2
  19. kawe Loyal Player

[IMG]

What exactly don't you like about the idea? Displaying any kind of ignore numbers in general?
    Reason why I think it's a good thing is beacause some might think twice before acting like bellends. People wouldn't want to be on many ignore lists if they knew it was on their stat site. In these threads I read a lot of "idiots will be idiots" when it comes to kick happy ppl etc. So it's just fair the idiots get their own stats. ;>

Lol I had the opposite, a male toon telling me it's a girl, befriending me and all just to later ask the colour of my panties. Don't trust any type of toon gender. xD
  20. winter13 New Player

Just an FYI -
    Since the release of Destiny, and the release of the app, LFG is scrolling at a snails pace now