If so many players hate the census apps...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RSL, Sep 16, 2014.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

how dare i talk to greatness with my lowly 95 sp..

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  2. FameYack Committed Player

Or be better,
    I personally think the opposite,
    Your opinion is respected while not shared,

Since now you can pretty much dominate any content, the only way to get better is to have this challenges,

I presonally preffer elitist self exile from playerbase by putting up ridiculuos standard that means next to nothing,
    that way they will stay safely away from me,
    However this will eventually backfires badly in every future content development

Sure you get to do Necro in 5 min... and still complain

i usually prefer long and amusing runs full of variety and team spirit,
    that's the kind of action comic books display

And that is something only challenges can bring
    But i pretty much rather you keep asking for 199 SP+ for any raid,
    That way i can safely take measures to not help you being carried
    • Like x 3
  3. Malachyte Devoted Player

LOL
  4. RSL New Player

then play with players at your level. there's nothing wrong with that. the problem is the mentality that because YOU don't play often or whatever... that others who do HAVE to carry you. it's awesome that we can all play this game at the rate we chose. again, as i stated in the initial post, just start your own groups. don't insist that other people MUST carry you or else.
  5. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

I don't insist that others must carry me. I actually hate when people think that. What I'm saying is, don't judge a player by their SP or stats, judge them by their actual skill. I never run any content until I'm at least 3 CR above the requirements, anyway, so there's rarely any carrying when it comes to me.

And finding a group isn't always so easy to do when you don't know who you're dealing with. I've got probably at least 50 people on my friend list, but rarely more than one or two people are on at the same time, and I don't trust people I haven't met either in-game or on the forums. So, yeah, I've got my own situation figured out, but like I said, not everyone is like that. Not everyone has the ability to put together a group around them, and not everyone has the luxury of subbing and grinding. It doesn't mean they're not dedicated, it just means that they don't have the money.... Don't assume that everyone who's not a l33t just wants to be carried through content, because that is absolutely not always the case.
    • Like x 11
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I can get where you're coming from when it comes to terminology used in the forums. My own pet peeve is people saying something is broken when they mean something's not working in the way they think it should be working. So I do understand why you'd raise the issue with the word use.

Personally when I think of the people I'd term "elitist," I think of the people who ask for the overinflated CR or skill point totals and give off a vibe of you not being good enough to run with them if you don't meet their often-times ridiculous standards, especially when their requests run counter to the entry gate determined by the dev team. They seem to judge you only by your numbers and not even give a person a chance to perform and prove themselves. I also call them the "you must be THIS tall to ride" crowd as well. All depends on how much I want to type. :D

Those kind of players are one of the big reasons why I decided long ago to go it alone. I removed myself from the situation because that behavior to me is toxic and does nothing to help the community and the game as a whole. That's been my biggest concern with the app and the information that comes from it. It just makes it easier for that kind of behavior to take place and it's tough for me to see positives that can outweigh that particular negative.
    • Like x 2
  7. justvin New Player

All I'm going to say is that it's funny how people think it's those with low CR/SP that don't want the app to see their stats, because it's not so please be a dear and stop saying that. People with 100SP + CR wanted the opt out, so stop saying how it's low CR and SP please, thank you.
    • Like x 8
  8. Grumpy Dedicated Player

They stood up.
    • Like x 4
  9. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Specifically...

Doing what you're doing, I could say "Oh I tried to cure cancer once, didn't work... let's just give up". What specifically did they do to stand up?
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Came on the forums and complained.
    • Like x 5
  11. Malachyte Devoted Player

So now players of a video game are bullies ?? LOL
  12. FESTER665 Devoted Player

You need to work on emptying your inventory.... :D
    • Like x 5
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

No?
  14. FESTER665 Devoted Player

You don't get nuked for voicing your opinion, you get nuked for trolling or for not following the forum rules.

It's not like they said "this poster doesn't like the census app, ban them.."

If the developers banned everyone who didn't agree with them on here there would be four people on the forums.
    • Like x 3
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Oh, I thought he meant in game dealing with elitists. Like I was talking about in the post he quoted...

We're still crying about the app? it's a new week, guys and the game is still playable. Get over your Vitalization being on display to the World. Jesus.
    • Like x 2
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The post you quoted has nothing to do with the forums and peoples opinions on the app. So therefore your response, as it has nothing to do with what I was discussing, is irrelevant.
    • Like x 1
  17. Plum Crazy Committed Player

I do not love or hate the new app rather mixed feelings atm. Its like most new toys it's hot right now many people are tinkering with it but in a few weeks or whatever it will be old news.
    • Like x 1
  18. Grumpy Dedicated Player

So having an opinion against something the devs support is equal to not following the forum rules?

Nobody said that, but you need to read between the lines.
    • Like x 6
  19. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I've been loathe to post my opinion on this app. For whatever reasons the attacks from both the pro sides and the con sides have been the most mean spirited I've ever seen on these forums. I've seen friendships dissolve over this app, for right or wrong.

It would appear to me that the tools to make this app were released with the full intent of it being a done deal. The 5 day gap between the tools being made public and the official announcement make that all the more clear to me. It seems to me that this thing is here to stay, complaining about it, merited or not, is tilting at windmills. And that's a shame.
    • Like x 8
  20. Dom-Eon Dedicated Player

^This. If the people who've expressed concerns aren't noobs with low CR/SP then the opposing straw man fallacies falls apart......but I digress.

Now back to your regularly scheduled forum discussions.
    • Like x 2