Ices Damage Out

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Balistical Ice, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Apolloin Well-Known Player

People have tried to help and you some others refuse to take it. And if you know enough about ice why ask? Sounds like you have already made up your mind
  2. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I have made up my mind in regards to ice compared to other powers that we all know to out dps ice. That is without question.
  3. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

Look me up in game, TheKeefMasta, I'll help you out if you're going to stick with ice.

There's really no secret to any power in my opinion, I truly believe they can all be pretty beastly, you just have to know how to use them with your play style.

My rotation is tempest clipped to reflection - ice boulder - avalanche - arctic gust

That's pretty much it. Just spam avalanche to juggle when you need it and arctic gust to put the hurt on them. Always keep tempest and reflection active when it's available and you'll do fine.

Don't try and get right up on enemies either, I see a lot of people doing that and they're always dying or the healer is struggling to keep them alive. Avalanche has nice distance and juggles so I tend to start with that instead of arctic gust (plus it's got nice damage as long as tempest is active). Arctic gust works best when you're sort of close but not too close to an enemy. I'm not sure of how distance is measured by you guys in this game, I just work off of close, kinda close, and far away.

My supercharge is Ice Elemental. I've seen a lot of people say Blizzard is better but I've tried it and it's not. For me anyway. You get a damage bonus for a while after you change and it lasts a pretty long time. Usually my damage output doubles in Elemental form. I also use my trinket and orbital strike while in Elemental form for much more damage. The loadout in that form is the same also but I use Snow Devil instead of changing back to normal form.

If you do all that right I guarantee you'll never need power unless you get blocked on an avalanche cast about 5 times, you'll take little to no damage unless the tank goes down or you draw aggro because of your distance and reflection, and you won't be in many oh s&%t situations either.

Arctic and avalanche hit multiple enemies which causes massive damage.

Use Max Damage, Blast Adapter, Escalating Might, Core Strength, and Breakout Protection in your gear.

I put all my SP into Might. Supercharged. Max out the first two, then just fill the last one up til it's full. That'll gives me around 16.5k might without popping anything.

Some people focus on all the trees but I believe if you're DPS then it's your responsibility to kill stuff PDQ, and the best way is to max your might. Even with a weak healer and tank you'll be ok in 95% of content as long as they have SOME undestanding of how to actually use their power.

Hope this helps, but if not, look me up, it's better to explain/teach this in game than on a message board.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

No offense taken or anything.

I've played with thousands, possibly millions (if that many people even play this game), of players to date, I've been playing off and on since the game was first released. I've probably played with every player on these message boards at one time or another, we probably all have. In all that time I can't think of more than a handful of players that caused me to go, wow, they're good.

When I go into an instance, or group, or whatever I always look at the CR of everyone else, we all do probably. I find the highest CR and that's my competition. At the end of the instance I look at the damage and if they've beaten me I'll inspect them. Usually when I do this I find that they're wearing all sorts of OP gear, but if they're not, then I'll message the player.

I do this because I believe if you beat me then you're one bad mofo and I want to know what makes you that way. That way I'll better myself as well. If I'm not focusing purely on DPS due to the experience of the other players I'm not worried about it, but if I am and you beat me, I want to know how.

Ever since the stats revamp I haven't seen much of a difference on the end game boards. I know SP was supposed to matter, blah blah blah, but I haven't noticed it in anything other than taking longer to kill bosses/end game content.

I think it's because if you're good, you're good no matter what. I know that may come across as cocky but I think it's the truth.

I've seen beastly players of all the powers and I've seen some that just need to go back to Mario and start from scratch, but those true beasts all have one thing in common. They know their power, strengths, and weaknesses like the back of their hand.

I think a lot of times someone gets outplayed so to speak and the only logical reason to them is because the power the other player was using is better. I agree, sometimes it is, but not all the time.

There's a TON of us playing this game, we aren't all on the same playing field as far as our experience, knowledge, and playstyle go with this game. There's going to be players that suck with any power and there's going to be players who are gods no matter what power they use but I assure you those godly players know their powers inside and out.

I've been beaten on the boards by all the powers and I've beaten them all as well but to say that I haven't gone against a true rage/electric/earth/whatever beastly player is kind of nonsense (no offense) because we all play differently and have different levels of understanding of this game.

I know Earth is like, THE power to have right now, but really, who wants to constantly push that button to make jackhammer's or earthquake's aftershock work right? I'd much rather sit back, push a few buttons, be aware of what's going on around my character, survive, and NOT have blisters and still out DPS them than have to go through the trouble of hoping my aftershocks work right. Earth is good, but only if used right.

Which brings me full circle. The player makes the power, not the other way around.
    • Like x 1
  5. Apolloin Well-Known Player

You're right the player makes the power. Did several runs yesterday trying different loadouts. i basically made a small change to my loadout and low and behold I was barely behind the top dps who was an electric 214 dps. I know many will say he wasn't good but he did 8.8 million and I did 8.4 million inGCZ. Hit me up if you want to discuss the loadout. Let's just say I found a place for heat vision and ice elemental on my bar. 13k consistently on 3 target test dummy and 7.9 k on single target test dummy. No buffs or supercharges were used on the testing either
  6. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

What's your loadout?

And why do I keep seeing so many people using heat vision?
  7. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Sent you a pm brother
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

You are correct, the player has a LOT to do with the performace and yes many so called beast DPS are better suited for Mario Kart (that was a great line)

All that being said for rage and electric (if you know what to are doing 13k on 3 is avg #'s at best.
    Against rage melee your still 1500 dps short.

I also use Heat vision on my single target of Electricity and get avg of 8.5 (and that's usually Electrics weakspot)
  9. Eddevil Well-Known Player

I read all 6 pages and there are literally two people who shared their loadouts and rest of you are just spamming silly comments with no proof. If you think you are doing really great with Ice and that Ice doesn't need any buff, please do us all a favour, make a 20 second video on three sparring targets, with 10sec par. No buffs and No Supercharges. Teach us all how you are doing 13k-15k just like Electric, Rage or Earth as Ice. ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Everything is "underperforming" compared to Earth, Electric, and Rage though. I have noticed a few Mentals doing some great DPS in the last few days.
    • Like x 3
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It's easier to just say "Ice is fine, I out dps Electric and Earth all the time"
  12. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

If you are ice, I find that hard to believe;)
  13. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

It is not up to par..i said it once on here already. But Can the guy with “the loadout” just post it. Instead of pm...to get it?
    • Like x 1
  14. Dead Reckon Well-Known Player

Need some help. I have tried everything everyone has posted and I just cant seam to keep up in damage. So if anyone one has a load out that does not require Icon powers that would be great. I'm just getting tired of not being able to keep up. And no I don't want to be the top of the leader boards, but I also don't want to be dead last by a huge margin. If I'm last as long as we are all close I'm ok with that. And at this point I'm getting close to being done.
  15. Xibo Loyal Player

I have found this loadout with Frost Blast which it's 15-17k, but it's power hungry

Credits by Incipidous

16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

That setup is way to long and risky
  17. Xibo Loyal Player

Probably only in raids this setup can perform better.
  18. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

Would someone please tell me how to upload a video to these forums?

I'll need to know how to actually record the video on a PS4 and what to do with it after that.

I want to post a video of me playing Ice against dummies, duos, and raids.

Ice isn't broken.
  19. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Can give these a look

1. All in one; link= http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/share/videoclip.html.

2. Capture on ps4 then put on USB stick to transfer to computer for video edit then upload.
    Link= http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/04/guide_how_to_copy_ps4_videos_and_screenshots_to_a_usb_stick

Facebook and YouTube provides free hosting service.

On forum use [ url ] [ /url ] code; in example square brackets, no space.
  20. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

Yeah I'm not savvy enough to want to make multiple 15 minute videos then figure out how to upload them, etc.

Thank you though = )