Ices Damage Out

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Balistical Ice, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Apolloin Well-Known Player

I will kindly disagree. There are other powers that have it way worse than ice. Ice, in my experience is just fine. I haven't had any problems dpsing. Why are you asking for buffs if you are topping charts. Ice isn't easy mode anymore, so what??? Ice is fine
    • Like x 2
  2. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Not asking for buffs or easy mode, however there is a difference between the powers I already mentioned. Any experienced player will tell you that there is a huge difference. I like ice and if i thought like what you said then i would just respec my power, but since i know that ice is ok and that i am doing well, but not as well as the powers already mentioned i think that all powers should be on equal footing and that is what i said btw
    • Like x 1
  3. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Combo power sets deal more damage but they eat more power too.
    Ice can only hope to be on par with something like Rage or Earth if it gets another 400 power cost channeled power or Arctic Gust gets buffed to eat 150 power per second similar to Freezing Breath with an appropriate new damage. Right now Ice has a lot of extra power that cant be utilized and Gust is just pointless as mid tier 200 power cost.

Fury and Crystal are in same boat. They cant serve any purpose as mid power cost/ mid damage.
    Every key ability that used to be main factor for previous AM should be high power cost/ high damage.
    • Like x 1
  4. Perseus Chase Committed Player

Ice and fire falls into the same category of "try hard" if you want to get a good damage out, you have to know and aware of your surrounding so that you don't get interrupted when you use fire burst and ice burst (I forgot the name so correct me if I'm wrong), and always drink a buff soda if you want to keep up.

Personally I don't have any problems with it because I don't look at the scoreboard as much, a good dps for me is the one that don't die often trying to melee the boss, or stop in the middle of a combo when a teammate need a pick up.

I got a secret loadout for my fire dps that I can normally keep up with rage, earth, and nature but felt a little bit short vs a good electric players (especially when there are a lot of ads) but as I post above that I have to try hard to beat them instead of just standing in one place spamming jackhammer or voltage bolt.....luckily fire and ice still have their unique mobility so you have to know when to get in close and when to step back.
    • Like x 1
  5. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Well Said
  6. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Disagree, I use gust as my filler when Blast is up and is spammable. I have no problem using it or getting good numbers with gust
  7. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

If ice is fine, then you must mean that Rage, Electric, and Atomic must be nerfed right? Because how is 9k-10k dps compared to 13k-15k dps sound? Idk how you see it, but ice is not fine.

Either nerf the other powers, or buff Ice.
    • Like x 2
  8. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

prob a lot like Sorc now...look around its limitations to what you can do
  9. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Well Said
    • Like x 2
  10. Tilz Loyal Player

the leaguemte is running pure pftt loadout wihtout iconics. (not sure about heat vision as single target damage).
    Otherwise "only" ice-skills. So you can't talk about working around limitations.

Another point might be actual damagefarmer-skill. I mean stuff like when to use orbitals and where to stand for max damage and max surviving. Also being fast on adds. All those little things are also a big factor on the scoreboard.
  11. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Please Devs take a look at Ice. I would not ask if it was not important. I really think it should be look into. At least let us know what the intentions are for ice
  12. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Once again you can't base everything off the test dummies and if you're only getting 9-10k on a three target test then you are doing something wrong. I can get 12-14 pretty regularly. But what do I know, I've only been ice for as long as the game has been out. Just keep complaining I'm sure someday someone will actually listen. I've posted and tested since revamp. Ice isn't the top but it's not the worst either. Ice is fine
    • Like x 1
  13. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

That is what we have been saying all along, but there is a huge difference between the powers we already mentioned and ice. We just want it to be the same, thats all
  14. Exostorm Well-Known Player

I would rather they buffed Resonating Gale, at least the initial cast.
    • Like x 2
  15. Exostorm Well-Known Player

I tried this loadout, couldn't get it to work for me damage-wise. Figured I was doing something wrong with it.
  16. Apolloin Well-Known Player

17. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

my sorc uses no iconics i understand about iconics but not what i meant neither here nor there though really
  18. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Ive been here since beta, and never switched to any other power. I test Ice to find what works for me and to find the maximum potential for ice. And I take that back, Ice is getting around 11k dps with 283 sp, fully Might modded, and tactical mods correct. Im not saying Ice is bad, but it does need to be looked into.

Also, dont assume im complaining. I only want whats best for the game. And as of right now, you have 4 FotM powers. Its bot balanced. How do you think the devs get noticed of what needs to be looked into? These forums and gameplay. Not everybody is here to get things nerfed. Ice needs to be looked into, as well as other powers.
  19. Aright Guy New Player

Ice does need to be fixed. It's way too slow. Stats don't matter with this game update. Those of you with under 350 sp don't have any idea. Stats don't matter if everybody can just get to the max at the bottom. 250SP will get you to the top of the tree. but that means someone with 350sp is stat even with the 250sp guy because he only needs 183 to get top might/precision from tree. How is that balanced?

Frost blast is too slow. While your dancing around, the target is gone before it goes off. That seems fair. And if your also a tank, you should have dom in your gen. mods. So when you DPS you draw aggro and get interrupted (a lot) while your dancing around. That really cuts into the damage output. You waste a lot of power just using breakout. And this so-called " battle troll" thing I keep hearing about, a trolls job is to give out power and debuff. Trolls do no damage! Don't tell the group you have no space in your loadout for debuffs. DEBUFFS and RECHARGE are your loadout!

I won't even go into those dumbazz tanks who always try to pull everything into the group. STOP. LUNGE THE ADDS. They will go right to you. The group will go to you. Instead you try to pull everything to the group spreading the adds out.

point being people don't know how to play the game. People don't know how to block. People don't know that the skull over the boss's head means. People don't know that the words on the screen tell you what you need to do. People never ran lower content that teaches them the mechanics. Instead Daybreak dumbed down the game to appeal to the noobs by letting them become as strong as the people with the most skill points without earning it the way the top skill point people earned it. There is no way in a fair world that someone with 250sp should be on the same damage output level as someone with 350sp regardless of the power.
  20. Tilz Loyal Player

still laughing at the comment on dominance and aggro :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3