Ices Damage Out

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Balistical Ice, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Since Ice's damage out isnt on par with other powers atm, what do you guys think about adding a DoT on Impaling Ice? I think it would bring the damage up a bit
    • Like x 1
  2. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Inb4 annoying people come to say that Ice is on par with anything:

@Balistical Ice You need to specify how you play Ice, how you mod and spec SP. From there other players and Devs can identify
    potential weaknesses with your choices or the power set itself.

Obviously, using Weapon Mastery with Ice/Sorcery/Mental doesnt mean that these power sets are on par with other power sets. Weapon Mastery has the same cookie cutter loadout which is pretty much the same no matter which power set player is using.
    All one needs for successful melee WM loadout is:
    Field PI set up power, Weapon buff, PI utilizing burst power/Melee burst superpower, 35% Finisher, RobotSidekick, NeoVenom.

From my testing Ice is starting to under perform if one is trying to play PftT with mostly Arctic Gust and cant or wont use Frost Blast. This can be easily fixed if Ice gets second 300-400 power cost no CC channeled power to rotate Frost Blast with and drop Arctic Gust completely. Using Iconic channeled superpowers along with Frost Blast works better than using Arctic Gust.Not an ideal solution and Im personally getting tired of needing Iconic imports where my own power sets lack.

Ice has 3 DoTs, 2 of which are melee which can play really nicely as an PftT melee loadout but you need to figure out atleast 2 powers to rotate/ spam while DoTs are at cooldown. You can rotate for example Frost Blast/ Freeze Breath and Ice Boulder or spam 100 power cost powers. You can try to combine DoTs with WM but it would be too slow for adds and kinda danagerous for longer boss fights.

Hybrid (weapon clipping) lacks for all power sets including Ice.
    Using DoTs/Pets or whatever with generic weapon clipping wont net good numbers since you use at least 2 different sources of damage but you cant maximize both Precision and Might.

EDIT: Btw using Impaling Ice or any Supercharge generator is a guaranteed damage loss since we still wont be able to use SC's enough and nothing can justify the damage loss from using the SC generator instead of a better damage opted superpower which is pretty much any non CC superpower within any the power set.
    • Like x 2
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

that ^ and because you have to spend a lot more SP's into weapon combos for WE,
    while PFTT has two seperate stats combined into might+power, lets weapon fall behind.
    well, devs said they would work on it slowly, because they overreacted with every feedback
    in the past, considering the statpoints for WE, hybrid and PFTT. a solution would be easy:
    take away the dammage buff for hybrid and super powered and seperate power and might.
    power should replace vitalization, either they should fuse together... or... wait a second,
    i got a QUESTION: do we even need vitalization as a stat? would it be better if its gone?
  4. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Highly frustrated with ice damage right now! It is truly under performing. No rotation is smooth, seems clunky as there is no other way to describe it.
    • Like x 2
  5. VioletSorceress Committed Player

TBH, Superpowered Focus got overbuffed at the end of the revamp, 10% Might bonus alone should have been enough but these extra 10% power overdid it big time.

Weapon taps were too OP at start of revamp and got nerfed I think twice in favor of Cross Weapon combos.
    While the thing that was underperforming from start and needed a buff never got one - normal Hold weapon combos.
    Remember at first normal weapon taps and hold combos were doing about the same damage ?
    Weapon formula is still far from perfect. Weapon clipping is behind PftT and Weapon mastery, heck weapon clipping is not even balanced with itself since clipping with different weapons nets different damages.
    • Like x 2
  6. Tilz Loyal Player

Leaguemate can pretty much keep up with superpowered ice. Ofc not against elec players in instances with many adds, but Ice is really not in a bad spot. Not at all
    • Like x 4
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

i guess the power was needed for super powered, because as it is, the power recovevery was even slower without the additional power and not sufficiant for real Pftt... however: giving additional might was overkill. same for hybrid: we (testers) never asked for a 10% might buff. we only sayd that the power recowery was too slow at first and boom: might and power got fused at the same time they gave a 10% might buff to those two styles and an additional power buff for super powered PFTT... anyone ever heared about overreacting? here is the best example ^
  8. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Ice is my favorite power and it is true that it is under performing compared to electric, earth and rage. I have all goon mods in my generator, all special forces mods in gear, red=might, yellow = might and power and blue= might and health. I also have 327 sp and I seen a rage do outstandingly much more than me, with about 250 sp. All I ask for is that all powers be equal or balanced. Because if stats matter than I should be out performing these powers. Now I can respec and change to one of these powers, but like i said, ice is my favorite and i am not wanting to be top dps. Just would like to see ice be the same as the other powers that are doing extremely well.
    • Like x 1
  9. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Oh but it is.
    • Like x 3
  10. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Please devs give ice a look at. Just want to know if its even a consideration or not.
    • Like x 1
  11. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Any news yet
    • Like x 1
  12. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Just checking in
    • Like x 1
  13. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I'm ice, but i have over 10k precision and use bow smokebomb. I personally have no problems in raids but ive been playing for a long time and my positioning and shield management are paramount.

Like someone above said. I clip wintry tempest with ice bash, and switch my loadouts between the two other dots or sidekick and snow devil and neo venom.
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Smoke bomb is not the equalizer. Most powers that use smoke bomb use it because pftt is weak. Imagine earth using smoke bomb or Electric? Electric using smoke bomb with arc lighting in current content would blow every other power out the water. Powers should have been balanced with pftt and then with weapons, not either/or
    • Like x 4
  15. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I do very well with ice as well but there is a noticeable difference between the powers i already mentioned. I am not saying that ice is weak, but that there is difference that ice is under performing than the powers I already mentioned.
    • Like x 1
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

I switched to weapon expert on my ice guy. As others have said I did "okay" damage wise but the power set as a whole just felt clunky. Having two strong shields makes it a great power for melee weapon focus.
    • Like x 2
  17. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

18. Exostorm Well-Known Player

I spent the past 2 months trying to find a decent loadout for my ice dps. I finally gave up this weekend and used my free respec to switched to electric. Ice is definitely up to par with the other powers, and as others have said, clunky as hell.
  19. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Ok I don't what to tell you guys but I am not having any trouble with ice dps at all. I'm CR 204 and out dpsed a CR 211 gadgets and a CR 209 electric dps yesterday. I top the charts everytime or come close to it. My loadout is the following:
    PftT
    1. Tempest
    2. Cold Snap
    3.Frost Blast
    4. Arctic Gust
    5. Snow Devil
    6. Blizzard

Rotation:Tempest-Snap-Devil-Blast-Gust-Blast-Repeat
    Mods: Modded for might, Blizzard head mod, Extended Super-Charge head mod. If you have any questions shoot me a message. I'll be glad to help
    • Like x 1
  20. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Yeah, I am normally at the top also, however ice is definitely under performing then rage, electric and earth. Cr no longer has a bearing as far as who can out perform another. I have seen cr 201 out perform a cr 212. It has to do with skill and ability and what power they are using. Even sp don't have too much bearing as far as who can out perform one another. I have seen someone with 257 sp out perform a person with 324 sp. The person with 324 has all goon gen moods and all special forces mods and also has all the op gear as well. even the new op hand gear cr 200. Its the power that they are using that is out performing ice. All i ask for is that all power be eqal so that skill and ability would be the main factor. Is that so much to ask for? Since ice is my favorite i would like to see ice get a look into from the devs.
    • Like x 1