Ices Damage Out

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Balistical Ice, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Tilz Loyal Player

Aggro is applied by a Tank being in tank role. If you use a power every 12 seconds you'll keep aggro no matter what. Some scripts from adds/bosses let them jump away, but that's noting with aggro.
    Dominance is for shields and heals. Read the power descriptions ingame.

Ofc the tank should be first on adds. I meant first from the dps. Running alone into 5 adds as a DPS is not a bright idea.
    Oh i'm not a DPS player. I mean I can play DPS, but I prefer playing tank or healer all the time. And ever have that.

Battle roles are more for the ppl knowing their roles and giving some extra to their role because they've mastered the "pure role" already. Before the revamp celestial could battleheal on a really strong level without hurting the group, it just took skill and knowledge. Tanks that just tank in DPS gear for raids and die all the time should be kicked. Simple. As long as ppl don't really hurt the group idc for the playstyle. I know some atomic tanks (and earth tanks) that can put out insane damage as tank (with full tank mods and tank gear). They just put some sp into damage crits and from a healer point I don't see any difference in their survivability. They do more than fine.

I win!!!! made you respond.
  3. Aright Guy New Player

Sorry Buddy. More dom = more effective crowd control effects for tanks. Longer AGGRO.

Dom combined with resto determines the tanks shield abilities and potency of healing.

Troll use it for crowd control effects. Healers for healing.

Tanks dom is high so they can control the crowd more effectively. AGGRO.

YES whomever hits the add first will get the agro. tanks dom should be higher which means they can pull the add away from the person who hit it first. A healer may carry more dom when no tank present, which is why the healer get targeted for the one shot. Whenyour in a four dps group the one with more dom usually get targeted.

So when you run through the alert with the high skill point people where everyone is knows the game, there are no problems. 7 minute alerts, 12 minute raids. Not just the first boss in ELITE.
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

I see what you're saying.
    Ofc more CC keeps the adds stunned/juggled, but that's CC and not Aggro.

Aggro works like that:

If you are a Tank, then no matter how much Dominance you have, if you hit a add with a might attack or use a superpower (like a shield) you'll get and keep aggro.
    So whenever you hit a add with like Earthern Grip (earth multi-pull) and just block you'll have aggro for like 12 seconds. If you don'T use any other powers after EG you'll loose the aggro and the add will go on.
    Whenever you use any power it will "refresh" the aggro. With ice you can for example cycle 6 shields wihtout hitting adds/boses and without any CC and you can keep aggro.

In a group of 2 Tanks you have 2 scenarios:

1. Both use regular taunts (pulls and any other superpower!). The tank that does higher damage gets aggro. Not the tank with higher dominance. Even when the atomic tank pulls adds the add might have aggro on the other tank, that just did higher damage, because: CC =/= Aggro.

2. One tank uses singletarget taunt (Lasso from iconics as example). Singletarget taunts overwrite aggro from a tank using regular taunts. That only works when you're in tank role though.

Also ice tanks always are better off using restoration because they get more out of their shields with that.

I can tank raids without hitting the dom requirement. I just can't pull/cc then, but i get aggro just fine. ;) (actually happened once to me and was kinda funny to tank)
    • Like x 1
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

[IMG]
    You should quit while you're behind. Seriously.
    • Like x 1
  6. Zpred Dedicated Player

I can't believe people are still having the conversation of dom = aggro.

Dom = the ability to control an enemy (if higher of course then enemy will power), it also = shield strength and some healing abilities and the lastabillity of a stun (aka controller stun, which was changed later down the line).

Aggro = attraction-number 1 on the hate list from an enemy regardless of dom or not, if a tank has no dom but activates a power on the enemy he will have the aggro (unless a special scripted boss, which should still go back to tank) doesn't matter how hi or low your dominance is as it plays no effect in aggro.

Now in the early days originally, with no tank the enemy would go to highest damage dealer that was doing the most damage to that enemy specifically, but now days I don't know what happened or what got mixed up an changed but it seems that healers seem to of got higher on the hate list.

Aggro and the ability to cc are 2 different things remember that.

Even the devs have clarified this for people that don't understand this and even stated dom does Not effect aggro.
  7. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

This guy literally changed the subject from Ice to dom\aggro in one paragraph...
  8. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Out dpsed a flavor of the month earth dps today. Listen I'm not saying you are complaining, but reading most of this thread sounds like people want to be "OP" or they want the devs to fix certain powers to cater to their play style. Find out what works. I made small a change to my build and it has worked wonders. I basically, switched core strength with extended super charge and I am putting out great numbers. In my opinion ice is fine. There are other issues the devs should fix for game viability. Try different powers, try different loadouts, keep on testing, I'm almost at a loss for words
    • Like x 1
  9. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Dominance has no effect on aggro what so ever. Never has, never will.
  10. Apolloin Well-Known Player

“I tried this loadout, couldn't get it to work for me damage-wise. Figured I was doing something wrong with it.[/quot

What were you running? If you get knocked out of frost blast you need to spam gust until it's of cooldown. You should try to get off at least two frost blasts per rotation. When dpsing adds try line them up to maximize your dps. Gust and blast conal based powers. Get your dots out first. When you have a super buff up with your trinkets, cast your dots, throw out blizzard, then complete your rotation. Use home base trinkets. Mod correctly.”
  11. Exostorm Well-Known Player

To add, I'd also like them to give back Ice Armor's damage buff in DPS stance.
  12. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I understand where you are coming from, but what if the subject was changed from Ice to Sorcery. Would you still stand by your statement about how the power is fine and balanced like other powers? Probably not. When i see Sorcery kicking out 13k-15k dps, ill stop. Lol
  13. Apolloin Well-Known Player

This conversation isn't about sorcery though, it's about ice, and how y'all claim it's "broken". Now you're bringing up a hypothetical that merely suggests that you have no argument. Go read all of my posts on the topic, I have suggested sorcery and and mental need to be fixed. I have never made the claim the game was fine, I made the claim the ice is fine. It's called reading comprehension try it out sometime
  14. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Edit- I understand where youre coming from. Again. Ice is not fine. Try it out.
    • Like x 1
  15. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Lol ok...do you even read? I've stated throughout the entire thread that I've been ice since launch. But ok I'll make sure and try it out. Meanwhile keep on bickering. Bicker on, bicker on
  16. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Will do. Whether you've been Ice for years or not, you fail to see that Ice isnt on par with the other powers.
  17. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Funny to see how people compare melee(Rage\Earth), range(in this case Ice) and broken powers(Elect). Probably someone should learn to play instead of complain on forum... And yes, Ice is fine.
  18. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Ice is not fine. And im not complaining. Its called giving feedback or just giving a suggestion. Which is what i did in the OP. Its not on par with other powers. Whether i compare the other powers to Ice or not, it is still not on par with the other powers.
  19. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Yet you fail to take advice. I given my loadout,rotations, and tips on how to play it. I have even suggested switching to extended supercharge white chest mod. I have beaten fotm powers the whole week, yet you keep complaining "ice is broken". "You can lead a horse to water, but you can force him to drink"
  20. Gmoney Active Player

Yes you can!! A bat to the back of that horse head, he will be Drinking face down in a river of water!! Lol