i have a question for the DEVS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Yeah there sure are quite a few feat.s that require no skill to achieve, especially TC feat.s. They aren't skill points because they take no skill to achieve them. SP isn't as much standing for skill points it's more standing for Stat Points so you have better stats. It's amazing that players with a lot of SP can some how not be skilled players. Part of that is alot of misinformation & players not knowing or taught. Things like old play styles, power changes, old ways of setting things up vs new changes, etc. You have to be skilled just to set up the character right. I can't count how many players are a hot mess. Probably because they watched a video from 2 years ago & everything is changed. Things like not knowing how to be in the correct role & it's benefits. What white mods, what augments to use, what artifacts, where SP is used etc. How many players do you come across with not having the most beneficial things for their role/power. U know that player running pve content with pvp gear, 4 different augments because they like to have all the colors. Have every weapon SP point open so they can switch to every weapon and not respec., have a white mod for every role, up side down & backwards... everything. Toon & team mate setup, that's what takes the real skill...LOL!
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

This is pretty much what a high amount of SP already does for you. The only difference is that it won't automatically make you good if you stink. Good players will make good use of their SP, bad players will still be bad players no matter their amount of SP when it comes to performance. That shouldn't change.

If you can't tell the difference in damage and power consumption in your performance between speccing all your SP and hardly none of your SP as you stated that you've done on multiple occasions, then I don't really know what to tell you.

You also specifically stated how you shouldn't be out DPS'd by someone with 200 SP if you have over 300, that tells me somebody performed better than you and it could possibly relate more to an issue regarding imbalance between powersets rather than SP not mattering. You seem to continue to ignore this.

Again, you specifically stated earlier that someone with 200 SP (as if 200 is super low compared to 300, it's not) shouldn't be able to out DPS you, even if he had better gear than you. You basically don't want someone who could perform better than you to be able to do so, just because you happen to have 100-150 more SP than him. No matter the diffence in skill level and performance, you want SP to act like a safety net, which makes this conversation pretty ironic when you start bringing up the PVP clamping. ;)

You are directly asking for SP to have a ridiculously significant advantage and you fail to see just how further imbalanced gameplay would be if this was the case.

People could rack up 300 SP in that sort of timeframe if they actually devoted time to it. There are tons of easy feats out there, only so many feats are actually hard to get.

If you're so against it, then again think about what you are actually asking for and the consequences it would bring on both you who claim to hate feats delivered in this type of matter and the rest of the population.
    • Like x 3
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

The damage numbers on the scorecard are pretty complicated. It’s not as simple as “I have more sp, I should do more damage, always.”

Deepen your understanding, and ask questions.
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

Bringing up speed hackers? Really?

The biggest imbalance isn’t the game itself...it’s the players. I could run the same duo with 5 different people using the same character and the damage on the scorecard would vary. Everybody’s reflexes are different.

You should compare yourselves to others less, and compare yourself to your own previous runs. Or just play with 5 year olds so you can be top dps...maybe. ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They run the event version religiously.
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

Report, then add to ignore. Leave instance, then requeue.

It’s part of having open events...gotta take the good with the bad, I guess.

Comparing yourself (not you personally) to someone who’s obviously cheating is just silly.
    • Like x 2
  7. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Y, you think, i came here to argue or insult? i came here to speak about this page, what i propose will satisfy us both. But you mixed up the information, Instead of complaining when things don't go their way, people want to know exactly what went wrong so that they can make the proper adjustments in order to prevent future mistakes or misunderstandings, my section about career as a Basketball player for long ago... long, long ago, however, was a lesson you properly could use in Building, when you do raids, and how to do better. You didn't pay attention to it.. plz don't say

“It's like you work at a job for 20 years, and you are the best at what you do. But then when time for a promotion, they higher a kid right out of college for a job you were qualified to do. He's going to struggle as he should b/c he has less exp (or SP) than the 20 year veteran who could do the job alot better and more effective.”

Pay attention to the comments, and you'll find out soon enough. *Let's hope you do*..
    Also you learned a bit of what i want to know, and I learned a bit of what you wanted to know, but they were fragments, the people left in my mind, like conversation, in this page, you cause someone or many others to talk to you, esp. about make skill points matter again.

"Let skill points be what they've been.
  8. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Anytime someone makes a suggestion, states their reason in an intelligent manner with a logical argument...people will put it down with no counter intelligent reasoning, or just a weak wordy "naa aah". They insult the OP (not just my threads but others also). Bottom line, if the devs get a clue and make SP matter more or equally to gear a majority will be pissed b/c that would mean they would have to do feats and it seems a lot of people don't want to do that. They just want to get gear and claim the top spot on the scorecard. So they would have to put more effort into their toon.

I always post the reasoning behind my post, but they ney sayers never offer a reasonable counter argument. They just post NO, or insult the idea, or they just use theory and guesses to how people will react. They don't try to refine the idea or suggestions mentioned by anyone to make it possibly more manageable or logical and workable enough to present to the devs. A forum in the base definition is an arena meant to share ideas among a group of people. But when anyone shares an idea that might change the status quo even alittle, it's insulted.

Again, how about taking elements of someones suggestions or idea, and try to refine it to a point will it could be beneficial. Not just me, but others also.
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

Actually, people have countered several of your not so thought through ideas around here with constructive feedback. Problem is just that you seem to act like that kid on the supermarket screaming at his mommy when he can't get whatever he's pointing at.

People not agreeing with your idea may speak more about you and your actual ideas than the numerous people questioning it. It's probably time to reconsider posting on the forums if you can't handle disagreement in opinion. Just sayin'.
    • Like x 4
  10. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Maybe you should re-read. The only thing I have ever been advocating is risk and effort to equal reward. There is no risk or effort in getting marks and gear.
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

the biggest problem with feats is that you need so many just to get one skill point. with 400 the soon to be optimum maximum amount of skill points needed by now, it's just not very efficient. much like how in stabilizers even members don't get one whole stabilizer key by comparison to the dozens of capsules which can drop in a day, it just doesn't work out. especially with the horrid rate of some capsule collections dropping, and the extent you have to go through just to get 1/3rd of a skill point on the higher star rated feats. skill points don't necessarily equal skill, a far better solution would probably be to set up a more thorough and support role inclusive tutorial, and maybe turn all the side reward missions in the 4-30 into secondary role related tasks that will reward the players with a mark of victory for participating. i know the side missions can make a HUGE impact on how far you'll advance at tier 1 cause you can just about buy little over half the stuff you need to get to the next tier just between constantine, the side missions, and the other level 30 introductory mission. players who follow the extended tutorial would not just have necessary extra skills in earnest, but they'd advance in gear as well.
    • Like x 1
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

I think that maybe you need to re-read your own suggestion and the consequences that comes with it if actually implemented in such a significant way that you are asking for. You ask for one thing but call it something else when questioned, you're starting to sound like a corrupt politician. :p

What risk? Chasing feats and chasing marks/gear are both a grindy time investment.
    • Like x 3
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Maybe you should re-think what you're proposing. Consider the actual consequences which are more than just a theory or a guess.

If stat points matter more, content has to be adjusted to take that into account, otherwise there'd be no risk for that level of reward . That means a significant portion of the population would be effectively cut off from the content they paid money to play, because they wouldn't be able to beat the content under a "Stat Points matter more" era. Even without actual numbers, it's easy to see that the game's population isn't quite what it used to be. Cutting off a large portion of players from content they paid for means a lot less players at the top to run with, and the same would go for queue times. That may not sound like such a big deal to you, but it is a big deal for people who don't run in big leagues or have tons of friends to play with. And of course you'd also pi$$ off a large enough group of people that if enough of them decided to just quit the game, the loss would be unrecoverable.

But hey, you want to lord it over players who just can't be bothered to be as dedicated as you or open up their wallets all the time...who cares about what would happen to the game, right?

Fact is if this were a good or viable idea, the Devs would have considered and implemented it a long time ago (back in Tier 5) when people started asking for this very thing. They know what kind of bad idea this is and what the consequences would be...which is why it's not happening. It's also why no one is bothering to "fix" or make your bad idea better. There is no way to make it better.
    • Like x 3
  14. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I think it comes down to the same response everytime.

The skill level is low along with the population.

It is almost like they correlate with the population being low along with those with higher SP.

Then there is the whole SP don't equal skill level, yet others would argue that you need SP to beat elite.

Percular situation the Dev's have because either way it leads to the same results.

I believe changes are good but not all changes are for the best.

I happen to somewhat agree with the OP about SP, I only see them as another way to progress my toon but as of late I don't really see the importance so my game time decreases becoming a revolving door because feats were the only thing that actually provided a challenge, even the redundant feats.

I can see how if they were to separate the field for players by increasing the difficulty or decreasing it depending on where one stands with SP or which content they are in could drive some away.

No doubt they would trim the fat with such an action.

But it does and has cut both ways it just a matter of who is fighting for what at that time.

Not saying having high SP guarantee success but everybody do know have very low amount of SP does play a much bigger part in failed runs due to the lack of experience and inexperience with group content due to not being able to complete even the simplest feats that requires a group or for developing patience and learning how to observe details.

Something gotta give and it actually has and it is the population.
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Skill points matter, as one avenue of the game. Grinding out generator mods and gear mods was a huge grind. Did they make you godlike?

Not even close. They were another avenue that gave you stat bonuses. Same with Elite gear, OP items, base mods, etc.

You can have the opinion that someone who decided to go and find 200 little crystals in metropolis or pick up a bunch of starfish on the ground, etc. should be a god in the game, but it doesn't mean it's the "correct" opinion. Besides gear, SP is the largest source of bonus stats available, so they do matter.

Personally, if we're talking about improving the SP idea, I seriously believe the devs need to make them all permanently account bound. That would benefit people with alts immensely and also give new players the idea that the long grind is actually more worth it. At the moment, there are so many feats that many simply give up before even getting halfway, since if they want to ever work on a second toon, that hard work is totally lost.

Should SP ever be on equal footing with gear? Definitely not, at least from my POV. That drives new players away, causes vets to dread coming back and basically makes the loss of population far more apparent. The game already has several extremely grindy systems, no need to make another one essential for excelling in end game.
    • Like x 2
  16. Batrederik Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Its nothin' a little music can't help. you are acting like this human, boy in this video. "And! no one is insulting.
    Clear your mind.

18. dresserball Dedicated Player

Here is a counter and perhaps you'll respond. I would say that it is quite easy to get about 325 sp in the game You may disagree. At the time when I got my feats some were hard to obtain, but going back are very easy. Even not much effort in most cases.

Now if you want the risk and effect equal to the reward then I would argue that SP should count for less since there isn't much risk or effort to them. That is the conclusion based on your point.

The other would be what if someone just replays a feat? It didn't take that toon much risk or effort to get it should their SP be worse then someone who completed it outright?

I would also like to say that with SP you gain crit percentages. Without them DPS numbers would suffer. I think SP certainly does make a difference even if you aren't seeing one.
    • Like x 2
  19. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Don't you see, that's how it should be. If you haven't level your toon up enough, you should not be able to do the higher end content b/c you wouldn't be strong enough yet. The game should demand you be a certain strength to complete content and not just have certain gear. They should be cut off from content. That's how every other game does it and they just keep going back for more and don't leave. DCUO players have just been spoiled to the point they want all the rewards with NO effort.

And no, they won't have to adjust out damage output or NPC stats, and I'm not saying b/c you have 400 SP you can do damage like back before revamp. I'm saying they can simply lower the stats given by gear and raise the stats given by SP to atleast make it an equal contribution. Or some other formula that doesn't involve another massive game revamp. I'm just saying, you can have 250 gear and no SP and can complete any mission, but you can't have 400 SP and no gear and do the same.

They can make gear only give defensive stats and SP give offensive stats. That would make gear and SP really work together.
  20. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Thank you for that. A voice of reason.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.