i have a question for the DEVS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entrust Committed Player

In a perfect comparison, with ALL things being equal EXCEPT Stat points, the player with more SP should and currently does "outshine" the player with less SP.

There are too many other factors that need to be taken into consideration when making comparisons between players.

So your request to make SP matter has be fulfilled.

If your expectation is for more SP to overcome differences in augments, weapon choice, power-set, and/or player skill/capability then prepare to be disappointed.

Stars matter, SP matters, but appearently not as much as you think it should.

Your request might receive better consideration of you could provide information related to how you perceive that SP do not currently matter, besides the "you can finish all content without SP" hyperbole. (Btw, I would love to see the video where you complete the 2 current elite raids with only 2 SP spent)
    • Like x 5
  2. hoaxone Committed Player

I'm not gonna go into specifics and start another war.

The first SM was almost beat with a tank who had 50sp.he got to round 9 before the nerf.
    Content is being beat after people are using the jump to cr170 after the "stats matter" patch.
    Gear and skill will always beat skillpoints.still 77 or so will make you not trash if u have the gear and know how.
    The power over skillpoint arguement is still valid because of munitions alone.a biggun verse a blizzard will negate 200sp with a whisper.
    That's all.nothing bad here,move along.
    • Like x 1
  3. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

If OP's name matches his DCUO toon we're talking 339 SP. So take that as you will.
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I really hope he doesn't only have 339..... talking like he's above 400
    • Like x 4
  5. BumblingB I got better.

That's him.

BTW, what API do people use now? The two greats kind of... yeah. :(
  6. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Matter-of-fact perspective with this.

Currently they do give players a boost to run certain content and in older content they could scale it to the SP for that level so newer players should be fine.

The problem would be when a higher CR player run the much lower instance with the higher SP.

Hyperbole, if two players Max out might but 1 maxes out precision as well they will do the same amount of damage as DPS if both are using PFTT (excluding everything else).

Luck plays a much bigger role than health or any other stat for those types of players.

Resto and vit or overkill, if they weren't you would actually need 2 of each for all the content, I say it is overkill because even if the roles were struggling you can burn through the content just as someone else already said the game is fairly still easy when you weed out the terrible and severely unskilled players.
  7. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I have to laugh at this.

I have around that number probably a little less and I bet could out troll you anytime and I won't be just dumping power in a corner but will use stuns, debuff and out survive you and I haven't even been playing consistently for at least 2 months.
  8. dresserball Dedicated Player

Are you not doing better then people with 200 Sp?
    • Like x 2
  9. dresserball Dedicated Player

Now if all the players did that it would be something, but just one doesn't really impress me. At least in the sense in what he is trying to make us believe.
  10. Yaiba Committed Player

Beat newest elite contents with low sp as possible before asking :).
    • Like x 1
  11. Batrederik Dedicated Player

it is unfortunate .. i completely agree with you
  12. Batrederik Dedicated Player

there will always be limits to this and all sorts of people. But you’ve hit the nail on the head there.

you are definitely right*
  13. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Doesn't matter, All my toons are between 360 and 333. But when someone comes in with CR245 but with 210 SP, My CR243 with 339SP should outperform them with no problems. Again, I've topped the board with no skill points allocated at all in both DPS and support (again just 1 in weapon and 1 in superspeed flight). SP don't mean that much in this game and it should mean equal or more than gear stats since you have to actually EARN SP and not have it given freely to you just by playing the game.
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

So you are saying that you were outplayed buy another player that has less SP. The last time I checked SP does not fix faster/slower ping times, reaction times or dumb. You just need to understand that there will always be someone better no matter how good that you think that you are.

SP do matter. The thing is.......SP do not create miracles or play for you.
    • Like x 2
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Honest question: If you're beating content as easily as you claim with little to no Stat Points* allocated...exactly WHY is it necessary for Stat Points* to matter "more" than they already do?? I'm not asking you why YOU want it to matter more...because the answer is blindingly obvious (you want to lord it over other players...you said as much). I'm asking why is it needed if you have already supposedly proven that they don't "matter"??? I'm looking for a logical answer...one that the Devs could actually consider.
    • Like x 4
  16. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

I'm fairly sure from a business standpoint that a hardcore "sp is everything grind" wouldn't be a big moneymaker. I think KHALONofGUN hit it on the head.
    • Like x 1
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

Imbalance between the powersets is why you got out dps'd, and/or maybe the shocking revelation that this other dps might have done a better job in Dps'ing than you did. :) I know, tough pill to swallow... You DID top the charts among pugs. :eek::eek::rolleyes:

Making SP automatically turn your toon into a one shotting-beast machine would further imbalance everything much more than the existing issue of imbalance between powersets, but it seems like that's what you want here. Good players will get good use out of their Skillpoints as it is, you won't be miles ahead of another good Dps just because he got slightly less SP than you and you shouldn't either unless you would want further imbalanced gameplay to the point of broken.

Also, your comment about "not having it given freely to you just by playing the game".... That's funny, that's how you get most of your SP. ;) :D

Again i'd also like to point out the decently large amount of TC feats that keep coming our way with no signs of stopping, there is no skill or challenge in opening up a wallet or hoarding broker with your in-game cash to rack up feats. Do you really want Skillpoints to matter as signifcantly as you've expressed, knowing that we might have a three digit number of SP's tied to TC's alone in a not too distant future?
    • Like x 1
  18. DCUO Addict Committed Player

As a player that’s more on the casual side, I think the balance of gear, state points, artifacts, augments and buffs (e.g., base, league hall, soder, etc.) is in a good place and does not need to be adjusted.

Context for my option: I consider myself a somewhat average player and have been playing since Battle for Earth. I sometimes enjoy grinding out feats, but I don’t enjoy PvP or elite. I’m very slowly grinding LPvE, and I don’t spend much on TCs, preferring the free stabilizer/broker approach. The result being that I have about 310 SP. When I run my alts with closer to 150 SP, it’s absolutely a noticeable difference; the two things that are obviously different are survivability and power management.

/rant (100% just my opinion and not directed at any particular person)
    The posts on these forums get exhausting with the number of times someone says the game is super-easy for anyone who isn’t trash, and the false narratives that are repeated ad nauseum.
    • The majority of feats do not require skill to achieve. People can quibble about how to define skills, but more than half of the feats (i.e., the majority) come through natural game play or through other means, such as time capsules. It would be better for most discussions, especially those commenting on challenge level, if no one played the martyr. You know exactly what you’re getting when you go for feats. No one has tricked you. If you want a change, state it clearly, but don’t act as if you’ve brought about world peace by getting max SP.
    • The exclusive goal of this game is not to gain more state points. The purpose of the game is to play super-powered characters and have fun doing that. One player’s goal might be to get as many SP as possible. Another player’s goal may be to have the best possible gear at all times. Another player’s goal might be to find a way to solo open world bounties at the lowest CR possible. These are all valid. Any narrative constructed around the idea that one person’s or one group’s goal is the real goal of the game is false and detrimental to providing constructive feedback.
    • Origin Crisis was not the high point of this game for everyone, and not just because of the difficulty. I normally hesitate to bring this up due to how personal this is for some people, but we seem to be going through another cycle of OC being held up as the shining example of all that made this game great. The rose-colored glasses that people wear when talking about OC make it difficult to take seriously any discussion related to it or supported by references to it. While I agree with some of the recent conversations about the benefits of the progression used in OC and the need to gear up for raids, OC was one of the buggiest episodes ever released. It was also the beginning of the end of clear storylines, IMO (aside from AF). There were so many issues with gameplay, so much cheese, and so much toxicity in attitudes towards anyone deemed ‘not gud’ that I would have quit permanently if it hadn’t been for Sons of Trigon. I’m not saying there was nothing good about OC, but it was not the Garden of Eden.
    • Players who find some instances difficult are not trash. For those who need their ego stroked because their skill and character builds make everything easy for them, awesome! – way to go! – congratulations! – you are the bomb! No sarcasm intended whatsoever; it really is great that you’ve built up your character and your gameplay skills. I support challenging content. I run with a small group, so I haven’t played elite since the elite alerts. (I really, really miss those!) However, I want the devs to invest resources in elite content, even though I will never set foot in there. I love the fact that we now have event, regular and elite raids. Still, players that find regular content engaging and sometimes very challenging are just regular players, not unskilled or trash.
    Every change made to the game needs to consider how it will affect new players, too. The game is seven years old, but with the IP, it still attracts new players. Vets are going to leave, new players are going to come in. That’s how MMOs (and life) work. To keep a functional population, the game has to be inviting for new players. Making high SP absolutely required to clear content is not good for new players.
    /rant
    • Like x 5
  19. BumblingB I got better.

If you are losing to someone on performance, maybe it's not the skill points that is the problem.
    • Like x 4
  20. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Here is my thing. Games should be more risk = reward. The hard the challenge, the more you do...but stronger you should be. As I have stated, if you just play the game (even if you don't have any real skill or are an extremely bad player) your going to get marks/gear. Hell, you can even pop into a pug run at the end and get final boss gear and marks without doing anything. There is NO challenge to that. It's like if you wake up, your going to open your eyes. It's a natural progression in a chain of events. Yes stats from gear should be progressively better than the previous sets. Not disagreeing with anyone on that.

Skill Points however are a challenge to get. Sometimes you have to enter a raid/elite raid several times to get a feat. Sometimes you might fail at getting a feat and have to rerun it several times due to the mechanics of a feat. Some may take you hours or days to get the feat done due to the complexity of what has to be done to accomplish said feats. Getting feats are the only REAL challenge of the game. It's the only obstacle that if you can't do it you can't progress your toon in terms of Skill Points. Therefore, those people who have worked their rear ends off and buying replays, and spending hours and hours playing to get 340+ SPs doing all the hard feats and monotonous dreary feats....There should be more of a reward than a 1 percent increase in overall stats compared to gear stats.

No matter what they call it, there is still a CR differential going on in the game. As long as higher CR means you do more damage, no matter what algorithms and formulas they use, CR still means the same thing now as it did before they "removed" the CR differential, just not AS much stronger as before. Now, Item level and combat rating are 2 different things in my book. Item level is and should be exactly what it says, the level of the piece of gear. Combat Rating is supposed to signify your overall combat effectiveness or support effectiveness. Therefore, I believe your stats should be included in the calculations of CR. Not SP in this case. But since your current stats reflect not only gear stats, but SP stats, generator stats, mod stats, augment stats, and artifact stats...all these things should be calculated to determine your true combat rating or they just need to rename it Gear Rating.

If they are going to make feats hard to get, and with TC make you PAY for feats, then they should be more rewarding than what they are now.

*disclaimer - the 1 percent was just an exaggeration of an idea. No math was conducted to get to that number. However, the increase in comparison to gear is still weak.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.