i have a question for the DEVS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Do they? The truth is often what we make of it However it is a question many of us would love to know the answer to I sure .. My guess is yes. You don't slaughter the cash cow, you slaughter the sick cow. Especially if you are selling the meat to McDonalds.
  2. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

that is what people keep telling me every time i complain about Time Capsule..
    • Like x 1
  3. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Why do we always refer to other models.

OK, Warframe, really is not a good example.

Sure you can play for free, but the grind is even longer.

Their prices would be the End of Days for this game.

People would riot because of the cost of things.

It is like paying $10 just for an upgrade or grinding 1-2 pieces of content for parts to get a prime.

Sure you could trade for parts but as a new player you would be clueless doing that.

Also they have Prime packs, $30, just to start off as a prime.

Want a stronger weapon, grind for the parts or fork over the funds.

If you have been following the thread you would see outside of spending $5, 10 or 15, you can reach a certain level without buying all the DLC's or by running the stabilizer event and the TT content not sure about the Deluge content.
  4. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

grind is the main reason to play Warframe... the grind is there not to encourage you to spend money... the grind is the game.. Warframe is basically a 3rd person shooter version of Monster Hunter... without the grind... there is basically nothing to do in Warframe..

that is also why they charge outrageously high for people to skip the grind.. it's a punishment... you arent suppose to skip it... plus there isnt that much to grind, if you play the game as it suppose to be, you'll have enough material to build anything in Warframe..

if you are paying 10 bucks for a prime.. you are playing it wrong..

Prime Access is there for people to give money for them.. Prime Access is basically a heavily discounter platinum bundle... you actually get more value in Prime Access than just buy the platinum.. not that you are require to buy the platinum to begin with.. Digital Extreme actually allow people to trade platinum with each other.. so you can 100% play the game for free as many players has..

So you dont need to spend money on Warframe if you dont want too and everything is still accessible to you.. nothing is locked behind a pay wall.. especially the virtual gambling system.. you cant buy the lootbox and you cant pay to open the lootbox.. you have to play the game to get the lootbox and you have to play the game to open the lootbox..

can you open lootbox for free in DCUO? yes, once every 3 days and that as a paying customer in DCUO.. while in Warframe, you can open from 1 to as many as you want depend if your character can take on a single mission or endless wave of enemies in defense or survival mission..

if you are doing the free player route, you will never ever each the end game without being a legendary member or buying DLC, because DLC are only available too free players for a limited time and you will never able to reach the CR requirement to unlock the end game gear within the time..

free to play in DCUO is just a glorified demo.. you arent suppose to stuck in free to play, which is why they put on so many limitation on them, like 1500 credit cap for example.. what can you do with it? tell me? the last item that i buy cost 2 millions.. and that is just small change for me as a legendary member.. what can you do with your 1500 credit?

Warframe have none of these.. everyone is on the same playing ground, people who spend money on it, dont get to play more of the game than people who dont spend..

not on Warframe because it's 100% free.. as i mention before, you arent suppose to pay for things on Warframe, that is why everything is so expensive, it;s to discourage people to spend money on Warframe.. As result, every single penny given by Warframe player to Digital Extreme is given willingly and that is the main differ between Warframe and DCUO or any other "free to play" game.. they dont point a gun at player to force cash out of them or scam them with RNG

DCUO, you are encourage to spend money... in Warframe, you are discourage to spend money..
  5. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

The time it took you to kill 5000 paradox demons. the investment, the fact that you had to do it for hours and hours. Same for salvaging. I invested time and work into my toon getting not only the grinding feats, but the actual challenging ones that had to be repeated until you got it. I didn't invest hours and hours getting gear which is just given to you for playing. I and others like me want something back on my investment or just take SP completely out of the game.

BTW, No, I played since Beta. SP mattered more than gear at first. SP had a major impact on your performance at first. The devs even said SP is how you level your toon up after you hit level 30. So SP did matter. But since they added CR, they made CR how you level your toon. Thats my greivance. It's spitting in the face everyone to put the hours upon days upon months of work and time into their toon to get higher SP.
  6. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Don't 4get that mods are the most important part of end game. It does not matter what frames or weapons you have. You need to have the right mods for particular warframes and weapons to make them powerful. If ppl think getting prime frames will make them powerful off the bat then they are wrong.

Also they prevent fresh out the boat new players to skip content and have access to weapons. Say if your master rank 3 but bought a master rank 12 weapon your unable to use it until your master rank 12.

And you have to finish certain amount of missions to do quest.

And as you know prime access is a discount for plat. It's like DCUO booster bundle without the RNG. So let say 1,500 plat for $100. With prime access you can get 2,000 plat for 50-75 dolars and get prime frames with weapons with catalyst for frames and weapons
  7. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Again that model would not work for this game.

The grind on Warframe is much longer to encourage you to spend money.

And as I previously said their focus is different to how you run things over there.

You can taxi to other areas and get carried or work your way to the other planets.

Then the Derelict is a grind of its own, where on DC people have a problem just killing reapers where in Wardrobe you have to acquire certain keys to even grind the Derelict area which also is somewhat of the samething where your just going through an area and basically wiping out everything.

We all can have something that we feel would improve upon the gameplay for DC, we all see other games choices and would like those incorporated with DC.

You don't have to believe me but Warframe would have been closed and removed if it was totally free so there is a whole lot of speculation going on because obviously it is making money just as DC does in its own way.

And Primes do offer an advantage over a regular build, there rank system is no different than any other game as well.
  8. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Now put that into DC's marketplace, where getting a power is 2000 plat using the same scale, it just wouldn't work.

People would be going crazy at that price on this game, $50-$75 for MP cash just to buy Quantum or HL.

And grinding mods is just of a grind as feats if not more if you want the mods good for your build.

The RNG works for that game because it is free, they allow shortcuts as well which is how they make their money.

By allowing people to jump to CR 170 here on DC comes with its own problems in wardrobe their progression system is a whole lot different.
  9. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

DCUO already sell powers just not that price. Difference between DCUO and warframe you get more bang for your buck. If your a type of player that don't mind spending money to support the game Warframe is cheaper all around.

have to correct myself prime access give you 2,600 plat. So let say you bought prime access twice, that's 5,200 plat. lets just say all waframe is 300p each and there 30 warframes you can choose from. You can afford 17 warframes. Now mind you you get frequent days of 50% off. so if you buy warframe each 50% off day that's WF is worth 150p you can get all 30 WF.

So you spend $140 to get all warframe without RNG, vs DCUO spending $200 and more on TC and not get a sp.

But I have to say this as well. If you spend $140 to get all WF thinking it well help u end game then that is not smart. Since you can easily earn warframes for free.

And mind you one of the most request warframe you get for free buy doing the quest. Not going to spoil it for you
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

I think it’s just a matter of semantics at this point.

You did spend hours and hours getting gear.

For argument’s sake...CR is equal to gear (a different representation, but dependent on it...)

Now you’re saying “level” up past 30. Technically, I’m still level 30 at CR 240+ with SP 300+. I think you can still toggle this in the options menu. SP to actually level up? No, never was a thing. How to improve your character’s stats? Yes.

As far as the time investment. The deal was always laid out in the feat menu. Do X, receive Y feat points. Everyone’s time spent on those was different. I don’t know how you can come back with hindsight and say I want more value. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with asking them to increase the percentage...aka make stats matter more, but I really don’t think they’re even entertaining anything on this type of scale since the amount of time and effort spent on the “Stats Matter” revamp.

The gap between vets and new players needs to stay manageable.
    • Like x 1
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

Anyone have an old image of a level 30 character? How much might did the gear give you vs how much could you get with say 60 SP? Remember when 60-80 sp was the high benchmark?
  12. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Here you are wrong, Spytle himself said back in year 2 of the game that SP is how you level past 30. And that was almost a direct quote.
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

Just semantics...

What did he mean by “level?”

What do you mean by level?
  14. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

It's how you LEVEL your toon after 30. 1-30 was the tutorial. According to Spytle.
  15. Darth Piper Loyal Player

It's fairly simple:

Player skill > gear > SP

Ignore SP at your own peril, however. While SP is not going to make or break you, it will give you a better fighting chance. Player skill will nearly always trump both gear and SP no matter what you do. Better gear and more SP will make a good player better... but it will never make a poor player as good. All that stuff will do is give you a fighting chance to be mediocre at best. If anything, what Mepps told us a long time ago with this revamp is that if you have CR and SP approximately the same you should be able to be successful in non-elite content, and that for elite content you will certainly want more.

If you're going to do anything other than DPS, you're going to want more SP just to at least get to that 100 mark in your primary stat(s) for the 10% bonus after maxing out your crits. You can make up for some other shortcomings with artifacts and augments... but even those will only go so far as well.

So if you want to just be a gear chaser and play with low SP, "git gud." :)
  16. Plowed In Loyal Player

Because you would get stat increases when you “leveled up.” That’s still how you get base stat increases past 30. It doesn’t negate the fact that gear (read CR) is/was required for whatever instances you were doing.

Instances are CR restricted, not SP restricted.

Gear is mandatory, SPs are not.

As you said...you can beat things with only a few SP equipped. How far can you get with all your SP but no gear?

It always was this way. ;)

I think you’re missing the forest for the trees...

I’m dizzy though, I’m getting off this ride. :)
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

Gear > Skill + SP + Artifacts + Augments

Broken gear = you keep getting knocked out because you have no survivability.
    Under CR requirement = locked out, “you can’t do this yet”

I get what you’re saying, assuming everyone is near one another in CR, the differences in skill and SP (and now augments and artifacts) start to widen out. Gear’s still responsible for roughly 80% of your stats.
  18. Batrederik Dedicated Player

rest i must.. feel you i do:(
    [IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.