i have a question for the DEVS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

OH MY EFFING GOD! You have lost all credibility with this paragraph.

The number of your gear means NOTHING to your combat capabilities. CR Differential literally was just the number compared to the NPC. It did not matter what the stats were on the gear. You could be wearing healer gear in dps stance and still be stronger than your enemy and with AMs do really big damage.

You need to stop right now. Please.
    • Like x 3
  2. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

If NPC is level 200, someone with 250 CR can beat him easier than someone with 200CR. Still a comparison just with different way to measure it. If your going to quote me, read the whole thing. I said, "
    As long as higher CR means you do more damage, no matter what algorithms and formulas they use, CR still means the same thing now as it did before they "removed" the CR differential, just not AS much stronger as before."
    I hold true to my statement. I never said was the exact same thing, I meant it was similar.
  3. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

4. BumblingB I got better.

5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

skill points are a horrible description...if you are better you are better or worse worse...and no point system in this game blunts this...nor should it...they are really dedication points...i didnt care about styles...you did you played longer and harder and got that cape...and the 25 style feat...i learned to move...press a button my guy flies...you did every race and tried to beat every time...and you got the racing points...its really about dedication...while my guy was showing off the latest worthless styles everyone MUST have in the WT...you were replaying grinding crafting PvPing and Legending...and for that dedication...your character gets a slight edge over mine...a slight edge is about right because in the end people becoming OP just cause they were lucky enough to get the rare cape no one else EVER seems to get..or whatever...would be game breaking and stupid...it would reduce game success to who was lucky enough to get the cape or collection finished or whatever...it would be the opposite of being better by provable gaming skills...
    • Like x 1
  6. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

PUG that **** all da day ...MFer...:cool:
    [IMG]
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Go get 215 healer gear and go into dps stance and tell me how quickly you burn that NPC. Go on. I'll wait.

It's the stats that make the difference NOT THE CR! Please stop. You are promoting something that isn't in the game anymore.

And I'm sorry, but you also started with: "No matter what they call it, there is still a CR differential going on in the game." Which is a statement that is completely and utterly FALSE and it doesn't matter how you spin the rest of the paragraph, you still think the number makes the damage. Which is not true at all. The stats on the gear does. I don't know how long you've been in this game, but CR didn't exist at launch. The stats on the gear is what mattered. Please just stop.

Oh and I can sum up your thread. You want 400 skill points to act as a SP Differential that guarantees you to one shot everything.
    • Like x 3
  8. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Zero ads for me. Use Ad Blocker plus!
  9. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I have to agree that at the moment skill points don't matter as much as they should as a dps. Main reason I stopped grinding them. I have a 195 skill points. Not very good. But in effect as far as dps stats go this basically means I have 800 or so less might than someone with 400. I would love to have that 800 might. But reguarly hang with and even beat top tier players without it
    • Like x 1
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I only have 351 sp, and I know this will be hard to believe, but I rarely chase feats. Only ones I chase are those I can easily knock out real quick. As far as the grindy time consuming ones, I look at those and go "welp, another feat to throw on the back burner" and I just steadily chop at those over time, eventually I get them. You don't need to be a dedicated feat hunter to get a lot of sp, you just need to take an opportunity when presented to you. League going for a feat you need, join them. You see guy in LFG forming a group for feats you need, join them. You're in an instance and someone says "let's go for this feat" and you're like "ok, I need that one too" and eventually you will rack up the points no problem. No sweat grinding, you're still enjoying yourself, your toon still looks good, and that's all that matters.

See here's the thing, with certain powers, I'll use celestial as an example, 195 sp just won't cut it. You won't have enough power to pull off the top tier rotations, at least not without stressing the troll out or requesting a second one. So you're forced to substitute a harder hitting combo in for a weaker one that uses less power, meanwhile I'm using all heavy hitters and with robot sidekick out, barely a stress on the troll because I can max out the might/power innate and then some.

Not all powers are that noticable of a difference, but from what I found it's generally the same for most powers and roles across the board. A healer with 350 sp will have an easier time in elite than one with 150 because the 350 will have capped resto and has enough in might/power to make a noticeable difference in their power consumption, so the troll doesn't have to work as hard when the healer has to spam to keep the tank alive.

A troll with 350 sp will easily be more effective than a troll with only 150, because the troll with 350, however they decide to spec, whether it's to cap power first, cap vit first, or split evenly between the two, they will have enough stats to keep the group fairly powered without needing to pop to many colas. The troll with 150 is jumping through hoops, popping colas straight off cool down, mooching supply drops, spamming SCs, and overall still struggling cause they don't have enough sp to cover themselves, so how can you expect them to cover other players effectively?

In the end, sp make enough of a difference to make or break someone in elite content, which I think is significant enough. Normal content? Yeah you can chill a little, won't need much SP to be effective, but in elite you definitely notice a difference
    • Like x 5
  11. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Thats why I specifically said as a dps. I believe its better for roles. And I could see what you mean by having enough power for top tier rotations. My rotation with fire is very power hungry. The troll I run with is one of the best in the biz and I definitely notice when hes not around. Maybe I just benefit from running with an excellant troll.

The point I was making was that I'm able to basically tie or beat top tier dps with 400 sps with my damage output. The extra 800 might would be nice and in the back of my head whenever I lose to someone at the end of hive e by a score of like 47,786,150 to 47,558,336 I'm always thinking "if I had your might I'd have beat you" but it just doesnt seem like theres a big enough stat boost to your primary stat.

I just ran hive E with a 350 sp munitions dps cr 248 I'm cr246. I beat him by 2k. Literally 2k outta 40+ million damage lol it was so close. He had whats considered a better power with more sps and I found out thru convo after he had higher level artifacts. I'm not necessarily saying this is a bad thing but with the current set up player skill/mastering a power is more important than skill points by a loooong shot. I could see how someone who worked for 400 sps could feel like regardless of skill someone like me with 195 shouldn't be able to hang. I could also see how someone who was just flat out better could think that should matter.

I guess all I'm saying is when I hop on my 195sps fire toon and think how can I make him stronger my thoughts tend to go towards leveling up my artifacts or working the broker so I can buy the op collections bc those things increase my stats more so than grinding out another 80 or so sps to max might and power would.
  12. Batrederik Dedicated Player

as much as i hate to say this.. But he, Savior will always, always ask or do as he please..

And at the end of the day 18% isn't that much of a difference. Skill points are a nice tiny boost but you generally don't need them as much as you did in the past. let skill points be what they've been. I get what your saying, but the amount of sp doesnt mean youre a good player.
    Stronger maybe stat wise, but not better. CR is a progression marker to unlok content and nothing more. What you're sugeesting Savior sounds like scoreboard chasing so

No, thanks.
  13. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

hard to believe...not really...you probably play every day...inevitably your toon shoots 50...then 100 times...do then redo then replay the redo of that raid...ANY raid...inevitably youll get that cape...on one try or the thousandth try youll get it in the end...and that 25 point feat...play for stabilizers just open free to open boxes...styles emblems whole sets if you are persistent become yours...all with feats attached...you do what i have preached for years probably...just play the game be a team player play to win dont be the guy who just mopes at the golden circle entrance...inevitably youll play more get more and be the better player for it...
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Not really. I play sometimes 3-4 days a week, 4-6 hours at most. Very rare do I play 7 days a week, or more than 7 hours in a day. It's just all about taking opportunity when it's presented to you.
    • Like x 1
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

listen to yourself... 3 4 days a week...thats a part time job selling magazines door to door...or posting pro trump putin nonsense for a ruble a word... jk...dont misunderstand me it sounds like you have your life game balance down and thats great...never would say your some mom basement dweller level gamer...but you are a regular player... and probably a good addition to any team because of it...
  16. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

If CR doesn't make a difference, go into The Machine raid with 200 CR gear on. You know why you don't, b/c you'll fail bc CR means more stats...therefore CR makes a freaking difference.

SP also is supposed to mean more stats, but it's the weakest percentage of stats and it take alot more work to get than CR.
  17. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

18. BumblingB I got better.

Look, CR is a number, not what matters. It's the stats on the gear that matters and you are just stubborn to admit it. They could remove that item level off all the gear and then what do you have to say?
    • Like x 4
  19. Batrederik Dedicated Player

You know of them? Because this is a students or student... one that holds all their secrets. And it is a test, only someone with the courage to risk of live e'en worthy to claim it. .. Students have control over the environment they work in. The place, the time and even the company. If a project requires working in groups, usually students can choose their partners. The only variable students don't control are professors but even they are temporary. Once the students becomes the employee, this control over the evironment disappears. now this might sound like a negative thing but it's definitely not. A new environment, with new rules and expectations is the perfect evironment for *growth* It is challenging and tough. and that's good!! now think about that.

now that I think about it... I learn this doing my time as a basketball player long ago... long, long ago. not anymore. My coach would tell us: # If someone passes you the ball and you don't catch it, it is ALWAYS your fault# it might sound ridiculous right? If someone simply terrible at passing the ball, why should the receiver be in fault? Becasue this mindset is proactive, and therefore proactive. Next time you will try harder to catch the ball and over time you will improve.

But That's how you get them the Sp.. You can't get there from here in just 2 - 3 months.

alot of new projects start off as non profit then as it grows items get added maybe paid clothes and customizations things like that.. so no, they don't have to be making any money..just how half of the internet operates as volunteer.. just how this forum has random members trying to give support. And there are people that love some time capsule...
    Now when that is done I also wanna say this "I love this game and want to see it monotized in a good way.

But not in your ways! Savior.
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I know what you are saying but you are getting CR differential, higher CR gear and stats confused. Higher CR gear always had better stats.

CR differential worked like this

Equal CR vs equal CR = stats vs stats

Higher CR vs lower CR =
    Higher CR received bonuses on all attack, defense & damage rolls ( example 1d20 + 1 per CR difference )
    Lower CR received penalties on all attack, defense & damage rolls ( example 1d20 - 1 per CR difference )

Which means every time there was a roll. 1 CR difference gave the higher CR a double bonus.

10 CR difference was basically nullifying all of our SP because the math on the bonuses was not only bad but it was very bad. Dropping CR differential fixed a lot of issues but all of the whining by the whiners not feeling super almost made everything FUBAR. They have done nothing but try to bring back what the Revamp tried to fix.

The devs told us from the stat that our SP would only add up to a certain percentage of our stats and that's something we have to live with. Besides the devs have to take new players into consideration as well. Without new players DCUO would have been dead a long time ago.

The SP being a certain percentage of our total stats is something that will probably never change again because that last battle calculation change ( revamp ) took close to a year. Too much time & too many resources were wasted on the revamp to even think that the higher ups at Daybreak would let that happen again. LOL. I know I wouldn't do that again with that same format.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.