How broken is Rage and Electricity

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Estabanbuenojr, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Crenshinibon Level 30

This is definitely not true as far as pre-revamp gameplay goes. I have been playing since Jan 2012 so I know what I am talking about. There have always been powers that were head & shoulders above others. In fact, that has been the driving force behind this game's respec token sales. Every time a power is revamped or a new power comes out, it performs better than the others, hence FoTM. It's true that some powers perform better than others in different situations, e.g. hallway adds/trash mobs vs bosses, but still there has always been that one power that just does better overall regardless.

I did not leave the game because of FoTM. I left the game because of changes made to my favorite power that I simply didn't like combined with the fact that I don't want to bother with skill point farming. I'm hesitant to come back because of FoTM, if it still exists anyway. The powers that be have gotten a little too greedy for my taste, which was also one of the reasons I left. TCs are basically SP for sale. When you juggle the effectiveness of the powers to make sales and grant players the option of boosting their individual toons above the toons of others based on how big their wallets are, you've crossed a line...
  2. Estabanbuenojr New Player

Back it up, I play this game everyday. Word of mouth... I have seen it. Your comment shows how out of touch with the game you really are. Max out your DPS at 250 hahahaha. If that is all you think it takes to have an OP DPS then I feel for you. I urge you to get connected with the big leagues on server and top players then comment on the forums please.
  3. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Your still just talking BS. I was talk in about maxing dps stat such as Crits, attack and might and power. It doesn't take 300 to fill those out. Of course extra so you out I health to have better survivability and what not but that doesn't increase yuour dmg or might .

Then you go off saying there's league's that are full rage and electricity only lol. That's the biggest bs right there. There's def a good amount of elec and rage out there. But to come out and say there's league's that only have that and that alone? Your posts is full of anger and salt, all you crying about is the scoreboard lol. If you legitimately had a good argument and stuff to back up why this needs to be toned down say it don't just yell nerf it don't make you look reasonable and just want a power needed so you can brag to your friends "8th look I'm too dos now , now that I yelled nerf to other powers"
  4. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

glad i play support as my main role
  5. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

Also the game will never ever be "balanced" like ever.

nobody uses the hybrid / or full precision / or weapon only do they? if so very few and they dont keep up in damage.

were still playing with focused super powers PFTT that alone should tell you something. the game wasnt balanced before and still aint now. is it better than how it was before? sure, is it still unbalanced? sure. There will always be that 1 go to power thats a respec token away from acquiring <--- ALWAYS.
  6. °RAGEZ° Active Player

Rage

1. Why not. Could work.
    2. 100% Supercharge? Come on then - i think - it would need a longer duration time, i doubt making it 100% SC with same duration as now would do it. Or a highly increased CD (Current CD only 12 Seconds, very short) but that wouldnt have much impact i guess since it takes you some time to reach 100% Supercharge, unless the CD would now be 120 Seconds or something like that, which is... rather a Joke isnt it :rolleyes: But in order to "make the impact of Berserk not too OP, a high CD could have an effect".

Elecricity

1. Please no. Because:

Neo-Venom: 45% Damage Bonus, 15 Seconds Duration, 45 Seconds CD, 50% Supercharge, 10% Weaponization Rating, 100% Defense.

Circuit Breaker: 70% Damage Bonus, 15 Seconds Duration, 15 Seconds CD, 50% Supercharge. Well you knew that, just wanted to say.

That Way you suggest, the only thing that probably would be an advantage for CB is the 2/3 less CD.
    Having CB with
    45% Damage Bonus, 15 Seconds Duration and 15 Seconds CD, 50% Supercharge
    vs
    Neo-Venom with
    45% Damage Bonus, 15 Seconds Duration and 45 Seconds CD, 50% Supercharge (+ the Weaponization 10% & Defense100% Bonus you dont really need, but still its more Buffs) doesnt feel fair for CB in my sight.

I appreciate that Iconics like Neo-Venom are useful nowadays, but a Powerspecific Supercharge like CB should be better, even though its bascially the same kind of Supercharge.
    Maybe 70% Damage Bonus is a bit too much, agreed, but it definetly should have some more % Bonus Damage OR Duration Time then Neo-Venom in order to make it useful/more important for Electric Players. Maybe 60% Bonus Damage OR lets say 25 Seconds Duration and 30 Seconds CD could make it, who knows.

2. Yes, can do that i think. OR increase Powercost slightly (250, max 300) since its only 200 a Powercost but with a high CD already.

3. Yeah, agree. OR, once again increase the CD (maybe 6 Seconds :p?) to prevent Players from Spamming Arc Lightning all the time OR increase Powercost to 250-300. Alright fine i know increasing Powercost's is rather a bad Idea i guess but its still an option. That would make SP more important since i take it for sure that the SP Tree will always increase to spend more SP into your Roll specific Stats which in dps will most likely be Might&Power. At least for Superpowered Specs :D Which would hopefully mean, high SP Players wont have Problems using high Powercost Loadouts while the low SP Players... yep im sorry Guys, but the Players who constantly work on SP and put heck of Effort in order to get them (not talking about TC but content feats) should have noticeable advantages like more Power and Might because they can spend more SP on these Stats then you.

Okay i think im done for now, thx for your Time, hope it doesnt make too much nonsense what i said and thought. :)
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I agree with berserk becoming a 100% SC, but only if one of two things changed also. Either berserks duration be increased or it becomes a hit it and forget it SC.
  8. °RAGEZ° Active Player

Lol didnt think about "hit it and forget it"-SC myself, but that too: Please no. Simply because it totally would take away the uniqueness nor would fit the name Berserk anymore :( Nope cant agree here, or else you're not talking about a boring instant 100% 1-hit or mul SC we have plenty of ?:p? Increased duration however, yep that i would take :D
  9. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

What you and most other players in this thread are missing is the actual numbers, playing the powersets I would have hoped one could actually realize the discrepancy between Berserk when compared to other 100% supers, im not comparing it to 50% supers like I should because Berserk would DESTROY any results I tried with those, I am testing against full 10000 supercharges and have laid out video proof so you can actually SEE and which you can't refute

Supercharge Testing:
    Regular white mods, no head mod, 18,340 might no buffs of any kind besides regular league hall
    the 366 might from the escalating might neck isn't going produce anymore meaningful results with the 100% tests

Earth 100% Earthquake 236,299 damage
    Gadgets 100% Bunker Buster 190,790 damage
    Water 100% CalloftheDeep 138,682 damage

Rage 50%<--- 50% Berserk

Test setup: I established a baseline of exactly and only 10 seconds of a rage regular rotation and recieved the following parsers:
    average 157,184 damage in 10 seconds

Berserk Total Damage Dealt

Rage baseline subtracted from Berserk Total

480,865-157,184=323,681

474,822-178,522=296,300

You can see for yourself in the video even my weakest Berserk results against my highest baseline rotation result was still 60,000 damage higher than earthquake. We have a 50% supercharge easily doing more damage than any of the full 100% supercharges. This whole you could be interrupted etc can't be apart of the equation because the likely hood of that happening especially when players would be using berserk that is not going to happen. This doesn't even take into account trinkets, supply drops and every other type of buff that would continually buff berserk supercharge damage because its based on the powers used as apposed to sitting in a supply and popping bunker buster and being done with it.

** Also sidenote from players also who don't want to believe that remorseless recovery grants increased supercharge regen just look HEREfrom the test I did a regular 50 hit combo then I would use remorseless recovery and you can visibly see how much faster the regen increased from the duration of remorseless. The regular combo was a static increase over time but remorseless had the initial burst from using the power and seemed to then move almost twice as fast the regen compared to regular combo.
    • Like x 3
  10. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Well if we're gonna get Electricity and Rage nerfed, we might as well get Earth nerfed

Whoops did I say Earth? excuse me, I meant the JACKHAMMER powerset.

Sorry, but if your gonna call for Electricity and Rage to be nerfed; at least they're actual powersets you play. Anyone who says they are playing Earth, no; you're not playing Earth; you're playing the JackHammer Powerset because that's what pretty much everyone is using, and that's what pretty much everyone is expecting you to use in a loadout.

I've seen this mess heading into live from the testing feedback and I've avoided playing my Earth toon ever since; but yeah, if your gonna address Electricity and Rage; Address Jackhammer.

Feel free to quote me and tell me I'm wrong, but if you run with pretty much anybody who's Earth; they are Jackhammer spamming. The people in-game are proof of it.
    • Like x 1
  12. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Instead of ppl asking for their powers to be fixed/adjusted they call nerf, only because they want THEIR fav power to shine . Mental and ice went far too long being op, yet their were minimum complaints, earth in tank role can spam jackhammer and out dps most powers lol.

Now I'm not saying rage and elec isn't doing well, but so far the suggestion for their fix is laughable. They just want to butcher it, and instead of seeing threads to fix "said" power, they cry nerf instead. Because let's me honest the devs do tend to nerf something rather than fix something
    • Like x 1
  13. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

Clearly that gets ur point across that berzerk is broken we know that. My argument in the beginning was that these powers aren’t even op. Rage melee and berzerk are risk vs reward powers. Berserk deserves to be best super because u can only use at melee range. You should be asking the devs to make melee harder not asking for dps nerfs honestly.
    • Like x 1
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

What about powers that don't go easy mode power spam? By your logic all powers should have power spam weak might based SC and might/prec melee SC
  15. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

Most of the powers don’t need supers like rage cause they have better base damage.. all powers have certain things that make them good. Everypower can’t be like rage or it would be boring. Maybe tone rage down a little but earth an elc are fine.
  16. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I think Electric and Earth could use some adjusting as well. Jackhammer shouldnt be as spammable as it currently is. No ther power works like that. It make Earth unique...but at the same time, it took a once nice powerset I used to main with and made it cheezy. I think Electric is one small adustment away from being in line with other powersets. I dont ever want to call for a nerf. I would prefer making other powers have their own advantages to playing them. I would like to keep powersets unique. If there was a benefit to each power it could help alleviate bandwagon players some. The benefits from Rage, Electric, and Earth are ahead of the pack as far as benefits.
  17. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

These powers are only good in add heavy content because of their 50% supers and their ability to gain supers. I’m rage the super charge generator is easy to apply to lo considering it applies pi and its usable with the rotation. Elc supercharge generator has the same benefits. Earth has the best generator because it can be clipped. All these powers 50% supers are also broke asf not to mention. Zerk is insane with double damage, circuit breaker gives 70% buff and Entomb can easily hit 250k. The supers are out of line but all three of these powers aren’t as good on st. The supers fix that problem but I think the supers may need a little tuning not too much. They should bring all other supers up tbh they slacking
    • Like x 1
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I agree with this, but the easy way is to nerf. I've yet to see a fix that brought all powers up. They will be nerfed, and then something else will seem OP.
    • Like x 1
  19. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

Lots of factors also play into the situation. Some ppl make powers look great cause of skill level. I would say 98% of dps in dc are average players at that role. I don’t know any dps that are good outside of my league that can dps with me without the use of berzerk.
  20. Tilz Loyal Player

Just a reminder. If you are using the SC generator with elec, you are playing elec wrong.