How broken is Rage and Electricity

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Estabanbuenojr, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Estabanbuenojr New Player

Dear Daybreak,

Rage and Electricity are broken. 90% of the player community knows it and has already switched to either Rage or Electricity. I understand that powers are buffed in order to get ppl to switch then nerfed to get them to switch again each time increasing profit for Daybreak. Its a business, we get it. Can we please have our nerf of rage and electricity so other powers can shine.

-Concerned Citizen
    • Like x 1
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Or buff mental and sorc. Get good.
    • Like x 1
  3. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

All powers are capable of completing content as intended...but from a another viewpoint for those competitive types...like it or not...we all wanna be super. It does get old seeing stormclouds and blood pools everywhere in almost every raid. Revamp was supposed to bring balance...and its not far off from it. I wouldn't call for a nerf...just bring other powers in line with rage and electric. The "balance" that was promised was supposed to bring diversity. There was alot of it when ReVamp went live, but it wasnt long before you saw Gorillas everywhere, Earth toons JackHammering everything, StormClouds and Blood Pools. Mental and Sorcery where fading off fast and we were back to square one. A lopsided community. To me, imo, people want to take whatever power and become great with them....not just switch to what was doing the most damage. FOTM powers get old. Devs bring these powersets within range of each other. I run with Fire and Munitions...and I do well most of the time...but electric and rage are too far advanced and take little skill and stats to perform well. I think the community would prosper more if we had more balance. Example....evenly skilled players with their optimal loadouts: 210 electric or rage dps with 200sp versus 224 Socery, Mental, or Quantum with 360sp. We all know who would be doing better damage. Where is the balance in that. I personally like the last 2 episodes...dcuo is headed in the right direction, there's little for me to complain about...except I am just not a fan of the powersets imbalance.
    • Like x 2
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Electric is good on adds because of powers that don't split, but there's powers better then it on bosses.

Rage is only "op" in situations where it can melee effectively. Try that in an elite raid, it'll be very difficult to pull off.
    • Like x 8
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

Tbh ranged rage isn't as bad as it was either. True it can't beat electricity but it can pull it's own weight.

@op: the only thing that is a tad but too strong is berserk. If you can't keep up with melee rage then get some better close range rotation. If that doesn't help it is not that bad either. Rage has the strongest sustained and constant dps in melee range. and that is good.

Besides most of the rage community uses subpar loadouts that should be beat super easily or runs out of power and breaks the high sustained dps because they think using the strongest abilities makes a good dps. It's really hilarious to see them try ^^

Tl; dr: Get good. (jk)
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

mental doesnt need a buff. trust me, it has just very much flaws.
    like the two PI's, one that needs to be set to be able to setup the other correctly on multiple targets.
    because the one who should setup terror works only in troll role.
    then the bad idea to have powers not setup PI's nor exploit it, but only be able to setup it if the other works.
    then the dammage calculated for bursting encasements,
    working and parsing fine on sparing targets and allmost never works in alerts and raids.
    then the bubbles wich only hit three targets.
    then the awkwardly cooldowns wich are making loadouts clunky and dont fit.
    it has just to many powers with six second cooldowns.
    then the focus on invisibility, wich is a must have in every loadout, were you can not put in movement powers.
    then the bug wich prevent bubbles to be clipped with invisibility...

trust me, mental has other problems than dammage...
    • Like x 3
  7. Davenport Committed Player

Rage is overpowered, you say?
    What particular setup makes it so? Purely an intellectual curiosity, of course.
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Ire, Ragebringer, Frenzy, Infuriate, Without Mercy, Bloodlust. Tooootally op!
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, no. Rage is fine my sir. You have to figure the entire game, not just the easy stuff. Rage can melee all day, when they are able. Not gonna happen in elite. The ranged dps is very middle of the pack, compared to other powers at range.

Move on and stop trying to nerf one aspect of this power.
    • Like x 3
  10. AberrantAngel Committed Player

I may agree with the op elec is strong, Rage as stated is very strong melee, which can be used in all regular content, in elite death awaits if you want to try that. I'm truly ok with all powers being stronger with certain aspects of the game. I just switched to rage in an alt. So far kind of fun. But I will not take that toon into elite unless I its as a tank. I have other toons for ranged dps that i like more at this point in time.
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I was healing an elite raid with a gadget, electric, and rage dps. After 1st boss the rage was down to the gadget dps 1.5 million. By the time we made it to the next boss, rage dps was up by 1 million. You can melee the adds in PANE and the 2nd and 3rd boss. Especially the 3rd boss. I've seen it done on 3rd boss with the rage dps dying once
  12. Davenport Committed Player

Ah. I've got a rage toon, but I mostly just use it for doing event stuff. I haven't really experimented with it much.
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

I hope you realized that I'm just messing with you ^^

Your sentence "Purely an intellectual curiosity, of course." made me do it. The loadout I posted is ofcourse crap ^^
  14. Davenport Committed Player

The "tooootally" was kind of a giveaway.
  15. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I agree with you. Rage is fine. Electrics a bit over the top...but overall ok. I dont believe anything needs nerfed. A few powers need some buffs and a few need some major tinkering....like Mental, Quantum, and especially Sorcery. I think a few adjustments to other powers will put them in line with the FOTM powers. This is all from a damage standpoint.
  16. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Just balance all powers to be the same so that skill and stats would matter.
    • Like x 2
  17. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

They are the flavor of the month for a reason, and that reason definitely has to do with their supercharges, how quickly they can be built, and how quickly they can be used. They're the equivalent of the AM biggun, allowing dps's to parse up to 40-50k over 30 seconds on adds in Reg or Elite.

I was Rage for about 2 weeks a month ago. In Zoo reg, I could time my berserks perfectly and completely obliterate the adds, because Berserk is so easy to get with the proper modding. That said, the actual power without the supercharge does not parse exceptionally. It's just the fact that Berserk can literally carry people's numbers to the top of the boards with minimal work that makes it so flavorful right now. It's similar to why Earth was the first flavor of the month power... because Jackhammer could seemingly carry people's numbers to the top of the boards with minimal work. Electric is similar, except in large groups of adds it parses absurdly high even without Circuit Breaker.

I think the powersets are fine for the most part, I just don't think the speed at which these supers can be gained is fair in comparison to other powers and their supercharges that have such a lower ceiling in potential damage output in comparison to Circuit Breaker and Berserk. Like I said, it's just like how biggun was complained about during AM's, so I highly doubt anything is altered. All this being said, at least in current content, there's not as many adds and there is more single target than there was in the last few raids.
  18. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This I will agree with. Every power should have been given two super charge generators. On top of that, each one should perform the same way. Earth has the best one. You can use it to clip other powers.
  19. Xalhadrin New Player

Electricity was bottom of the barrel for YEARS, and it's been top tier for a few months and you want it nerfed. wow dude, seems fair.
    • Like x 6
  20. Tilz Loyal Player

On multiple target's it's actually insane. Too strong imo. On singletarget it's fine though.

The "problem" with elec are Arc and Tesla Ball not splitting damage. It's intended, but a huuuge advantage on multiple targets. It's over the top imo