How broken is Rage and Electricity

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Estabanbuenojr, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Schimaera Devoted Player

The only people getting interrupted during a berserk window are those who don't know how to fully utilize this SCs full potential and the rage power itself.

Hint: Breakout Trinket/Breakout Ability. I literally never got interrupted in my Berserk window... and why should I if this game gives me the ability to be control immune?

I am not saying Berserk should be a 100% SC but I am definitely saying that this Supercharge needs adjusting. There is not only black and white. There is not only "op" and "too bad to use". And right there inbetween is where Berserk should be. But it is not.
    • Like x 1
  2. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

The only reason why supers like berserk and circuit breaker weren't 100% was because of what exactly you said, there is a possibility that the super does no damage as it depends on the player, however what im saying is that cannot be apart of the equation anymore because I would like to think that players aren't that dumb to activate a SC like berserk when he knows he will be interrupted. In the hallways of the new raids you aren't getting cc'd, in the open areas of zoo you aren't getting cc'd unless a commando bat is facing you and winging you which you can easily just stay to their backs as they should be facing the direction of the tank etc. There is not that much cc to impact berserk that players want to bring up to defend their points, sure in duos and alerts there are and there are plenty of cases where you would need to roll out of aoes etc wasting berserk time but the vast majority of players really aren't that dumb to put themselves in that situation, there is a complete random cc or interrupt that you have NO idea when its coming, its all repetitive in dcuo.

What players like you and everyone else fail to realize is that the devs suck at fine tuning, there are a multitude of things still broken from stats revamp, you need to give this dev team precise and easy directions which is why all these posts and threads about just bring all the other powers in line with rage and electric is a complete JOKE what do you guys want another 1+ year stats revamp 3.0? laughable. You instead find what is bringing the outlier powers which is far and above proven to be rage and electric and seek the least path of resistance to adjust them, which in this case is a 70% damage buff in circuit breaker and 2 non damage splitting powers and a melee 50% supercharge in Berserk that is better than most if not all 100% supers or would you like to debate that statement COMBATICUS? I would much rather have Berserk over bunker buster, strafing run, radiation burn, oblivion, bolt barrage, chaotic growth and GUESS WHAT combaticus all those sc's I mentioned are 100% supers and Berserk is only a 50% see the point??? I really hope so
    • Like x 1
  3. xD25x Dedicated Player

All i see is alot of rage and electric players saying their powers are balanced. As someone who waited years for electric to be fixed even i agree its a bit overpowered and single target damage isnt as bad as what people make it out to be. Especially if using fotm heat vision. As for electric i would like to see some changes to the damage potential of the polarization tree though.
  4. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Doesn't that goes both way? Because all I see is that some powers got nerfed, look at mental, sorc, ice even got adjusted . All instead of us getting their fixes ppl crying nerf.
  5. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

The problem is, is that it's devs fault. Let's me be honest here for a sec. Powers like elec and rage were bottom of the list, and with this revamp they got their adjustment, BUT powers like sorc, mental and even ice gotta needed and were adjusted poorly .so instead of us getting fix for 'said ' powers, we are just seeing threads now about nerfing the rest. Why? Because devs haven t fixed those powers, plus it's easier to go nerf something to the ground then actually buff and fix the rest.

I'm not saying it's not OVER performing and not say in it is, but the suggestions so far for fixing it , is just a cry for butchering it. Last I heard melee across the board gotten a big buff, bezerk is benefiting from that , alot more than most supers. We need to adjust and buff other powers not cry wolf, also we just recently seen an adjustment to bezerk about month ago I believe, and on outrage. It's time to call for buffs on other powers. Look how long mental and ice went by being top powers did they get adjusted, or seen threads saying it's broken?? That's all I'm saying
    • Like x 1
  6. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Point is that Berzerk is benefiting at a ridiculous amount that could and should be toned down. If other powers were buffed to this level, we would have AM's all over again. Not to mention new fotm's, because there's no way 5+ powers being buffed to that level is ever going to be remotely balanced. It's very likely there will be even more imbalances.

Right now, the biggest issue in the game for damage in my opinion is supercharge balance. I personally don't like that dps'ing is so supercharge centric, and buffing all other powers supercharges would only make it more supercharge centric. Powers like Gadgets and Celestial are doing great with mediocre supers.
    • Like x 1
  7. xD25x Dedicated Player

It does. Im not saying nerf those powers. What we need is adjustments to the lower performing powersets. But all we have so far is ineptitude followed by silence. Who knows. It may be like this on purpose. Maybe it can only be fixed by a new stats revamp. Ya know because im sure respec tokens have never sold more than after stats revamp. I have been tracking the census since a montg before revamp and its very interesting how things have changed. Before revamp electric and rage were among the least used powers. Mental and sorc were among the most used powers. Directly after revamp powers like fire and HL and atomic all had spikes. Then atomic was nerfed and those players went rage or earth. Then players started to realize a power like fire just couldnt be competitve unless it was using a broken wm. Smoke bomb. So they went rage or earth. Healers who were sorc or cel switched to electric. Nature healers are starting to switch. Water dropped and players switched only to switch back later when they realized it was a poorly designed power that had no real direction of what it wanted to be. Not to mention the visuals are subpar compared to electric. Bottom line is we can all sit here and complain or we can just realize that things are exactly like the devs want. Most likely scenario is that electric get nerfed but sorc also gets a damage increase. Which in turn will sell more respecs. Its a cycle and we are just the lab rats.
  8. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

That's the devs fault, they added with stat revamp that melee gotten a big buff, and that anything melee will have THAT reward for the risk.
  9. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

But isn't that the devs fault? Didn't they add in their stat revamp that supercharged are wayyy better now? Aren't they the 1s who made sc better at least for most?
  10. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

The melee buff is fine. The supercharge should not amplify it to the extent that it does.
  11. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I think it's doing what it suppose to imo, if it get adjusted, it gets adjusted. Just hope they do it the right way and not butcher it just because ppl trying to get top dps.

The way I see it, more burn, faster runs, and it's pve, for content we benefiting lol the only thing I see is that " hey I'm not too dps, why can't be number 1" the way threads get created these days with any power not just rage or elec.
  12. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

You're a Rage dps, so if you haven't noticed this by now I don't know what to tell you. When you hit your berserk with a decent tank in a pile of adds and hit lacerate, you absolutely obliterate the adds. This experience is very cool to see as a Rage dps, but you soon realize it's ridiculous when you've been other powers. I don't want anything to get butchered either, however I would like the supposed top powers and the middle group of powers to be closer together in terms of potential damage output, and supercharges are a large factor in why there is a deficit.

The issue is for me with Rage/Berserk melee, every other power that plays melee range for the same melee bonus that the devs decided to implement has no feasible way to put out the damage that Berserk does regardless of how good the player is or what super they use (except Electric of course). You can't have a melee bonus that is amplified to the extent it is with Berserk. This is because just about EVERY other power that has the capability of playing melee as well cannot even get in the same realm as Rage using 5000 or 10000 supercharges or whatever else they attempt to do.

This isn't referring to add groups only like most people seem to think however. Bosses with 2 or more sub-bosses heavily favor Berserk as well, and this has been a recurring theme in multiple raids. I'd also like to add that melee range is not as risky as people make it out to be, as in both Pan Reg and Escape Reg it's extremely easy to go through with 0 deaths meleeing with Rage, and it's even possible to melee range all of Pan Elite. This notion is blown out of proportion.
  13. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Alot of the content now is melee friendly, no more one shots. Which again rage will benefit. I don't have lacerate on my LO, my playstyle abit different.

And what about earth JH? In tank role that can easily out dps almost any dps lol. I honestly doubt rage will be touched because of 2 reasons, 1. We already got 2 adjustments, if they really thought it was over performing they would of done something by now, 2. It's working as intended . I just hope other powers will get their tweaks so this nerf cries will just stop
  14. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

I'll agree to disagree. I don't believe they realize how well it is still performing after those adjustments. I also don't believe it is fair to assess "they would have done something by now" when this is the biggest thread for feedback on Rage since those changes. It's very likely they have not realized.

The reason this thread has come now and not in the past is because the Rage flavor of the month bandwagon has risen in population recently. People are catching on to how easy it is to top charts and melt rooms of adds with this power, not to mention how easy it is to build super with this power (and Electric). The sheer number of Berserks that can be used in a raid is also mind boggling. It's a sla p i n th e fac e to anyone else who put time and effort into improving other powers to see a 5000 super take out a room of adds or parse 30k over 30 seconds on a boss fight with 2 bosses (something no other power can do) while standard melee loadouts for other powers are parsing anywhere from 15k-25k depending on if trinkets and supers are used.
  15. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

We just have to wait and see what the devs say in the end. If they feel it needs the adjustment . I also hope other powers do get their love and fix as well so everyone can be happy
  16. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I'm with you. No more nerfs....just adjustments on other powersets.
    • Like x 2
  17. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Yea, I really hope the devs do what's right
    • Like x 2
  18. Estabanbuenojr New Player

No one can deny the sheer amount of people that are rage and electricity. Most do not even play their roles its just for the DPS. The only reasonable fix is to nerf or make berserk a 100% SC. But even then it does not speak about the massive buff that powers like Fire and Celestial need. Go wavedox or blog guide the top leagues in DC. Their powers speak for themselves. Trust me I have checked, you have also entire leagues than need to pug for groups cause their roster is RAGE or Electricity.

Dont be fooled stats revamp didnt balance anything... SP matters more but does not matter as much as it should. I have a rage character and beat 300+ sp toons all the time. I have 230 SP on that toon and no mods ecpt for my berserk head mod.
  19. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

What does 300 sp has to do with anything when all you need is 250 lol to max all your dps. You have no proof of anything you said except word of mouth. If your gonna spit nonesense at least have something to back it up like the rest of these ppl
  20. Facts New Player

Stop crying about which powers are broken and just quit DCUO already.
    This game will never be balanced! Get over it!
    • Like x 2