How broken is Rage and Electricity

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Estabanbuenojr, Dec 4, 2017.

1. L T Devoted Player

Against lots of high-health adds, Electric is extremely strong, but in single or double boss fights can fall behind. Still, it's easy to put up big numbers when your tank pulls a ton of adds together, and that attracts players to it. But there are some other things that attract people to it:
    • One really nice thing about Electric is that healing with it is pretty strong. Not OP strong, but very usable.
    • Another is that there are a bunch of strong abilities that you can build load outs around. There really isn't one load out to rule them all with Electric. That makes Electric easy and forgiving to DPS.
    • Another is that it was pretty solidly broken before the revamp. Many people liked it, but stopped playing it. Now they get to come back.
    • Another is it looks really cool.
    Finally, I'm not sure why Tesla Ball splits (or rather doesn't) the way it does, but Arc Lightning only arcs while something is in range and nothing dies. If the first add that gets hit dies it doesn't arc at all. That gets overlooked in the discussion. I think Electric is actually in a good place right now.
    • Like x 2
  2. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Once again you have offered no feedback as a rage player in how to adjust your own power "So reducing Berserk damage potential and increasing its range so u can use it from mid range is no viable feedback?" that was never said be either of us? I have no idea where you are getting this from, how would reducing its damage potential but making it a range supercharge help at all? yeah....

Reducing the SC build up is just correcting a broken power, there is no other power like remorseless recovery that gives so much supercharge generator figures without actually being a designated supercharge generator, that's a bug that's been around since stats revamp that people just want to conveniently forget about because it helps them. In regards to increasing the SC cost Berserk is the only issue with Rage it is out performing ALL 50% supers and some if not the majority of 100% supers which clearly means it needs an adjustment itself not the other rage powers. I'm sorry that you think not having rage a top 2 power universally will slow down the pace of the game more :rolleyes:
  3. L T Devoted Player

Part of what makes Powers popular is how easy they are to play, especially play-from-the-tray, since that's the current vogue. The top Powers tend to be ones that have simple, obvious load-outs (Earth), can be played more or less exactly the way they were before (Quantum, Rage, Atomic, Celestial, Ice), or have good guides that tell players how to play it (Gadgets). Other factors are how good the support role is, and a neat/cool/wow factor.
    Re-ordered based on popularity, and split into tiers:

Electricity |44 |29.53 %
    Electric is way out on top in terms of popularity. You can play it hybrid or FTT exactly the way it was before the Revamp. If you didn't play it before the revamp, there's an updated guide. The support Role is also strong. It looks great. It's not really OP, but it's very easy to get it to work well.

Rage |13 |8.72 %
    Gadgets |12 |8.05 %
    Quantum |11 |7.38 %
    Earth |11 |7.38 %
    Ice |10 |6.71 %
    I'll bet Earth was a LOT more popular before the range reduction to Jackhammer. Right now it's strong but mostly balanced DPS, and a strong Tank power. Lots of people like Earth for Iconic builds (IE Superman and Wonder Woman).
    Rage is the strongest DPS power when you can melee, and the strongest Tank power when you know what you're doing. Its DPS is power hungry. I wouldn't change a thing.
    Everybody wants to be Batman. Plus Gadgets has a great guide.
    Quantum DPS can be played more or less the same as before the revamp, plus it's always been the flashiest troll power.

Munitions |9 |6.04 %
    Sorcery |8 |5.37 %
    Celestial | 8 |5.37 %
    Atomic | 7 |4.70 %
    Light |6 |4.03 %
    I don't play Muntions but from what I can tell it's about the same as pre-revamp play-wise.
    Sorcery seems weak-ish. Not sure why it's even this high. You can go full precision with pets, but that doesn't seem to be popular. Could improve the Supercharges, and change Soul Storm or Soul Barrage to a 300 cost with increased damage.
    Celestial, Atomic, and Light play the same but are all extremely power-hungry. Nobody likes running out of power.

Mental |3 |2.01 %
    Nature | 3 |2.01 %
    Water | 3 |2.01 %
    I'm reasonably sure all the Cheating Nature DPS players who glitched Gorilla Form switched to Electric. The Supercharge Forms should be a little stronger, but should expire after a time limit, and have a long cool down. Water surprises me. It seems fairly strong, but it's new.The guide thread doesn't seem to be much of a guide.
    Mental, as far as I can tell, needs Invisibility to do well, and should maybe get looked at. There's no comprehensive, updated guide for Mental like there is for Gadgets though, and I suspect that the biggest reason Mental lags is that nobody's figured out how to play it post-revamp.

Fire |1 |0.67 %
    DPS PFTT lags because of the long channels with back-loaded damage. The hardest Tank to play by far. Some of it's abilities, like Overheat and Spontaneous Combustion, can wind up doing next to no damage if the target dies, and underperform in the best cases. Good single-target damage might make it more popular if Boss Damage were broken out separately.
    • Like x 1
  4. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Tesla Ball doesn't split because its designed to target 1 npc rapidly after another and strike them, its not a conventional power in that aspect, think of it like any aoe damage pool wintery tempest, galling eruption, CoD etc imagine if they struck 1 npc rapidly that was standing in their aoe instead of damning everything at once, because its only targeting 1 npc in quick succession it is falling outside the splitting rules.

The chances of the 1st npc dying with 1 arc lightning in any content with the last 12 months is unlikely, in the old CR scaling system sure but when they changed over the old content to stats revamp npc's have that tad bit of greater. The underlying issue isn't electric but the underlying issue will never be fixed so we have to look at electric itself or the same cycle continues. No escape and Pano are outlier raids they have alot of 1-2 targets in both reg and elite with long high health boss fights and trash mobs in the hallways, which lends itself to more single target powers or any power using heat vision but take Zoo for example where its a more typical DCUO raid and electric was by a WIDE MARGIN the strongest on release, the census figures show that, still even now if you go into zoo elite at 220+ cr electric is out performing, its hard to use the reasoning that arc lightning will only ark to npc's within range where the overwhelming majority of the time tanks will pull and group npc's together, its not like prision break where a tank may leave 1 or 2 npc's just wandering around he will pull groups of 4-8+ npc's together where electric the ONLY power in DCUO that has not 1 but 2 non damage splitting powers. Thats something that needs adjustment or like a mentioned before tonning down circuit breaker to be in line with neo venom.

If we don't the cycle of new raid release CONTINUES

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You know what's weird? All this back and forth and no one said anything about earth or jackhammer...
  6. Tom Brady New Player

Isn’t rage useless in high end (elite) content since it’s melee?

Imo higher end content is what matters most, and if powers are struggling in there at melee range, then there should be buffs if anything. I don’t think rage should be nerfed due to its current state in high end content.
  7. iMeMoriezZ Well-Known Player

Your not understanding this.... if i get a 2 OP dps one elc and the other a single target power without that tesla or super.... elc will get 3 milled...I can run a pane and beat an elc dps by 700k plus on ST and the only way for it to have a chance to compete is its super and tesla.... your basically trying to make the power weak again because you fail to find other good things in other powersets...you played test for months i would expect more from ya... most powers all have good in them. These powers were just easier to find than others so ur crying for nerf???sad man honestly... all the powers are pretty even cause sum rely on ads while others rely on single target doesn’t make them op. Test more man lol.
    • Like x 2
  8. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

I fail to see where your reading comprehension is, never have I ever said even once that Electric is OP/Broken because of these new raids solely, That was always in reference to the previous dlc raid Zoo and if you want to say you beat elec dps in zoo elite than that's just a complete lie, zooe was literally the perfect raid setup for an elec dps. This dlc highlights more rage as can be above average on single target and makes up for any damage loss with beresk out performing any super in the hallways, not to mention that escape raid is almost perfectly setup for rage with there being possible multiple targets in close prox in the first fight if players unlock the drones and the final fight has 3 bosses most of the time in close prox with high healths that rez themselves making it a perfect senario for berserk. For some reason YOU want to solely thing elec is balanced because of just panoe? lol ok or just because we have the most single target raid dlc since paradox wave YOU think elec is fine. Start looking at the bigger picture, these raids don't change the UNDENIABLE fact that both circuit breaker and berserk out perform all other 50% supers to the degree of some 100% supers, rage's remorseless recovery is broken, and elec has 2 powers that ignore damage splitting rules that no other powerset has.

Read that middle bubble again in my graph iMeMoriezZ :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  9. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Chill....

We ran pano together, I was on my alt KhaosKoldBlooded, I ended up 4th on the charts...the top 3 dps powersets? Guess. Didnt want to chat during the raid to point that out. Prime playing field for those powersets. It is what it is...I never called for a nerf on anything, just want to be on par with those powersets. Crazy how much I was behind the leader...like 2.5mil. I was using Munitions with 21k might...that does well in most instances. Not that one. Lol. But hey...nothing is wrong with those powers. Just saying
  10. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Scrap of the Soul Cloak
    • Stats: Power, Health, Might
    • Soul Tap - Passive: Increases maximum Supercharge, Supercharge regeneration, and reduces Supercharge ability cooldowns.
    This won't unbalance anything further :rolleyes: it's not like having increased supercharge, faster regen and cooldowns on Berserk will not help rage more than other powersets :rolleyes:
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah it was said on page 3 but u just made an assumption i did not give any feedback and moved on, one has to repeat a lot for someone who acts to be all knowing :rolleyes:

For example if u reduce current Berserks damage multiplier of 1x down to 0.25x but u inrease its range from melee to mid, how would that not help? One could even start thinking about using it that way in Boss fights and not just for trash in the hall ways.

first remorseless recovery doesnt build up any SC, it heals and its heals are capped on a portion of dom+resto, its relentless anger which generates SC ... i dont know what u mean they werent made to work the same like for example earths can clip and rage has no access to it on distance so the melee one generates a bit more its only fair since u cant use either the generator nor Berserk for any Boss fights in meaningful content.
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

OK , now that pp will be gone what can a rage player melee safely in elite without being a liability for the group ?

I cant melee any Boss in PanoE or EscE, hell even max cr tanks running around tanking by "kiting" ... all is left are adds in the hallway and even those trash robots destroy my cr 222 toon with 43k hp like i am made out of paper.

As rage power u have no SC option for mid or max range like other powers but ppl demand balance on Berserk, yeah lets start balancing powers in meaningful content first shall we before we start balancing around content which will be finished anyway anyday by any group...
  13. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

I am of the sentiment that a lot of people could get better with most powers and close the gap that people see between Rage/Electric vs all other powers, and that in current content they are absolutely beatable. However, I do also agree that in raids like Zoo these two powers and Earth behind them were out of hand. I find that the main issue with these powers is that supercharge is built much too quickly, and if newer content is heavily add based whether it be reg or elite, these powers are going to pull away again. The Scrap of the Soul Cloak is only going to make this worse.

I'd hope that the powers should definitely be left alone, and that a good mix of single target and add based situations in raids would be a better solution, since some powers are simply more add based like Rage, Electric, and Earth. That being said, that's definitely not going to happen, and the next DLC will probably have a lot of add groups as has been the case from recent examples. In this very likely scenario, I could definitely agree with the supers being looked at. Rage's base damage is already not that great, and I am afraid of what Electricity might turn into if the Tesla Ball begins to split damage. With this acknowledged, I think the best method would be to leave the powersets base damage intact and instead focus on the supers. Increasing supercharge costs for Circuit Breaker, Berserk, and maybe even Entomb seems to be a plausible scenario, especially with this new artifact, the head mods, and supercharge builders in these loadouts.
  14. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Lol I am all knowing that's how I know what remorseless recovery "actually" does that's been like that since stats revamp and is known to all rage dps I thought :confused: and I read through your response to Moja on page 3 which was your only comment on that page and you made no mention of rage feedback to what you are referring to now.

Sure if you want to nerf Berserk damage modifier that works too, adding a range element to the SC won't really make much a difference it will just be an overall adjusted super in melee and range. So yea feedback noted

Rage can melee plenty of things in this elite they just have to have actual awareness of their surroundings, 1st boss in pane can be melee'd if you stay to his back and just watch for his spinning punch. Owlman can also be melee'd if you stay to his back and watch the fire and spinning punch. Ultraman is too risky to avoid being in line with the tank but thats still 2/3 bosses including hallways.

EscE can be mele'd if you role out of the bombs, bunkers it may be annoying but there is nothing besides those to kill you in melee range, hallways are fine and final boss yea there is too many backhands and spinning punches to melee just like you still can't melee in zoo elite
  15. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

That's because instead of them asking or do I g their best to give feedback about why other powers have certain issues which some do. They want the ones that are actually inline and somewhat balanced to be needed. Because let's be honest, enough nerf threads and we get the hammer on the powers that are performing well.

So far the adjustment that ppl have been offering, specially for rage, it's practically butchering the power. One says "oh there's no cc's, or you can block powers anymore " but as a rage user myself, I see alot and I mean ALOT of interuptions from adds and bosses. There's plenty of time where my SC went to waste and didn't even benefit from it.

I just pray devs do w hats right. And that's specially NOT nerfing any power, but fixing those that might need a buff. It's just sad that most of these complains are because of a scoreboard.
  16. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Neither have you though lol. Your asking to make the sc 100% and ton it down as well. You might as well remove it all together. And 2ndly you mention our ability don't get bnlocked anymore, that's half true, because there is 1 or 2 abilities in our rest that is blockable. Also I have 1 main toon, 2 if yuou count my villain, and I can tell you from experience that with rage melee, you experience the most interruption and cc from adds than any power that's in the safe distance. Rage is the only power that doesn't have a close and range SC, it's practically all melee, and going to just nerf that is plain silly.

Rage is fine, it then again I come out as biased since I main a rage toon. In the years the sc bezerk did receive it share if tweaks, and it did need it. But i personally thing other powers need adjustment than just flat out cry nerf for rage.

Last time I heard from revamp, melee in general received a big buff, to me rage just benefiting more out of it and it should. Other powers need to have 1 or 2 melee abilities to be able to even the grounds and be able to melee more often.

All I'm sayin is, we don't need to hold each other's throat, like I'm seeing with these posts. Instead ask devs and keep posts constructive and good feedback to bring OTHER powers inline and get their abilities fixed
  17. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

You literally confirmed my statement just with your first 3 sentences so thank you, you are inferring that making Berserk at 100% super we "might as well just remove it" because cause it will hurt rage too much, placing that much weight on 1 power perfectly defines this thread. In regards to your other arguments Rage has always been designed as a melee power dreadful blast has always just been a heavy hitting power and you can assemble a range rotation if needed. Plasma retch doesn't clip like it in past, the 1st tick of e-chain doesn't hit that hard anymore besides if its under 35%. Rage is completely centred around a melee atmosphere which is perfectly fine, however since this GAME is mostly centred around melee and after a couple months even elite raids where you couldn't melee become meleeable Rage far outshines every other melee power at the moment and that is almost exclusively because of the effectiveness of Berserk. Gadgets is a melee power just like Rage but gadgets has to use an iconic power supercharge because its are so bad and funny enough alot of powers use neo venom boost because they lack viable supers and you have electric and rage with by a wide margin the best supercharges when used correctly which is why im only asking to tone those down mostly and not change or adjust a whole bunch of other rage abilities.

this is a Common Sense situation
    • Like x 1
  18. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

It seems you misunderstood and your mind is set on one thing and one thing only, just nerf this because my power isn't doing great numbers and I can't be top dps on scoreboard
    • Like x 1
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

You are entirely missing the point of what OC said. I was rage for a long time now and as OC stated you yourself said that if berserk was changed to 100% you might as well drop it. Like he said this perfectly shows how centered the discussion about "Rage being OP" is around Berserk. I as a rage player agree with Berserk being too strong. Not even Electricity can come close to rage when the content is melee-able. And this should tell something.
    When you are even on the scoreboard after one boss in a raid and Berserk on two add groups after named boss makes you double your dps output, then something is not in line. I found the comparison to the old Biggun very fitting, except with berserk you can put out high numbers no matter what kind of enemy you are facing.

Drop Berserk from any Rage loadout and you would have a very, very good melee Power that does good at range as well. Even if you don't fix Relentless Anger it would still be more even if you use NVB instead of Berserk.

Also: If OC wants to be top on the scoreboard he just does (or spends 10 Bucks :D ). I can assure you that he is not of the "nerf the others so I am stronger" faction lol :cool:
  20. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

I don't even use relentless anger in my LO, I'm not saying bezerk isn't op, nor am I saying it doesn't need fixed. But to go ahead and ruin a sc because ppl crying over a scoreboard is just plain ridiculous. Bezerk shouldn't be changed to 100 super, because no1 is enliven accounting for interruption, cc or anything else. I too been rage since day 1, I been through it's nerfs, buffs and nerfs again. I haven't changed even when rage was at its lowest point. It to say bezerk is broken and no other power can compete is just utter BS. I'm sure they will tweak bezerk further, because well this forum tends to cry nerf more than buff this.

All I'm saying is so far none of the feedback has been positive, all the suggestions have been to destroy rage until THEIR power shines. Instead we should see threads about why isn't this getting a buff, or this isn't performing well. Maybe because devs respond to nerds faster I guess, maybe it's easier to shut us up by just nerfing something.